Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Silver Birch ?

This may sound like a strange question, but who is Silver Birch ?

I have heard this name mentioned, I have heard of books and teachings recently discussed, but when I searched for Silver Birch ( and even asked " who is Silver Birch ? ) on the internet......

the only answer I got is ~ Silver Birch is the national tree of Finland !

Can it be we are taking spiritual advice from a talking tree in Finland ?
(no disrespect intended, but why can't I find him ? )

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Skye

Hi Dream Angel,

If you google Maurice Barbenall ( SB's medium) you will find information about Silver Birch.

I'm sure you will be very impressed with what you find.
Old 26-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Skye,

sounds like a simple answer , thanks ! I found him.

so why, besides the fact that he spoke thru a famous medium, who was also recognized by several famous people ... why are his teachings more believeable than someone elses ? There cannot be just one who knows so much, or claims to know so much, not disputing, just asking .

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by Adrienne : 26-10-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 26-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
I suppose to define Silver Birch would be, as I once read:
Silver Birch being one of the best known spiritual, inspirational influences in spiritual history.
Old 26-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Skye

Hi Dream Angel,

I couldn't say if Silver Birch teachings are any more believable than the spirit teachings communicated through other physical mediums such as those from White Feather or White Eagle. From what I understand their teachings are similar to those of Silver Birch, suggesting he isn't the only one to have wisdom. I guess it's down to personal preference who you read, and you can read all, but as I have read very little of those I have mentioned it wouldn't be fair to make any comments.

Incidentally Silver Birch never claimed the teachings came directly from him, nor did he claim to be a Native Indian. He stated only, he was fortunate in having access to this wisdom and referred to himself as 'A messenger of the Great Spirit'. He also mentioned , to accept nothing if it doesn't fit with your sense of reason. Therefore a person is free to accept or reject what is freely given.

My opinion of why I believe in the teachings of Silver Birch is simply because each message that he expressed makes as much sense today as it did when it was first written. The wisdom, if followed, helps benefit all of humanity not just the individual reader, whether this be on a physical level or a spiritual one. When reading his words it's as if he is talking only to you, you can feel the love coming from the pages of the book. He resonates with many people that they possible feel this connection. The reasons could go on and on!

There's many a reason why I enjoy both reading and learning from Silver Birch but I must say his words are always uplifting and never fail to inspire.

I suppose there are people who choose not to read the books, they each will have their own reason as to why they don't, but that's ok.
Old 26-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Skye,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions on Silver Birch.
Quote:
He also mentioned , to accept nothing if it doesn't fit with your sense of reason. Therefore a person is free to accept or reject what is freely given.

This piece of advice is so simple, and so easy to follow. It would shorten a lot of arguments and heated discussions, if people would just pay attention to this one idea, instead of arguing over who is right and who is not right, in whatever the beliefs are that are shared. Sharing what one believes is one thing, but people should also realize that it is ok if others don't agree with their thoughts/ beliefs.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !