Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 19-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Mystic Blaze

Question No idea what I'm meant to do at this point

I've been trying to walk the path of a light worker or earth angel the best way I understand such a thing for years now. The path and my interest in spirituality are the things that make me the happiest in life. I feel I'm on the right path for myself. I know though too that we all hit walls sometimes, and much to my frustration I must admit I've run right into one. I don;t know how to get around it or tear that wall down so to speak, and of course I'd be most grateful for a hint here if anyone's got one.

Basically, though I myself am a happy person who for the most part tends to get a good amount of my happiness in life spreading positivity to others, lately I find my own family becoming just more and more negative. My first thought is always to spread light and joy and show that anyone can have a purpose and meaning and even save a life. But it's only getting worse and I'm losing hope and ready to beat my head on the wall (not literally of course.) A few relatives that resent each other and blame one another for their troubles, (and share a house to boot,) are so often at my house separately ranting and blaming and assuming I will take a side. I'm not sure they realize how much this wears away at someone like me.

I could just brush that off though still I think or perhaps just ask them to knock it off, but that aside the attitudes are just plain disturbing now. I've heard hints one wanting to harm themselves and comments about drinking and similar things. It;s all in this case just about losing all hope and wanting to get out of this whole mess without a clue how. And it's a matter of losing faith in anyone and everyone. Tonight I was trying, (with some humor intended) to convince a sibling that somewhere her job mattered to someone. Given my style of humor I made a somewhat silly but pointed example of a way she might just save a life in the hotel. I was quickly told by an in-law that the life saved would only turn into a stalker. My goodness, please don't let me believe he truly thought someone should be lift to die because he might stalk someone who saved him. At any rate, this was one one incident of so many in the past while. I can't stand it anymore. The hatefulness toward others, the lack to understanding and the need to just be the best.

So I wonder fellow lightworkers, what others might do under such circumstances. Is it really better to keep on trying to give a family a reason to believe and hope and love, or must one eventually just walk away and hope people do not destroy themselves? I want to help everyone on Earth and of course that includes family. But this whole situation has be wonder how to look at the idea of spreading light and hope to others who just refuse constantly. it seems wrong to give up, but it seems just as wrong in a another way to keep on working with one situation.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:34 AM
10C

Dear Mystic,
I hear you, as I am sure so many others do and can relate.
First off, it is not unusual for EAs to land in the most dysfunctional of families. Why you may ask? I have nothing in common with these people other than blood? At any rate, here is the simple reason. It makes for great training and development for starters. Think of it as a never ending boot camp. You are always mending the fences as you grow, and therefore, you get really good at it. It is like the saying "Your own town may regard you the least". It is very difficult to make headway on your own turf, because your credibility will often be viewed as having a preference for the other side of the dispute.
My own family feuded regularly and I often found myself in the middle having to deal with the toxic overload. Is it any wonder I was in a constant cleaning frenzy. Before learning to shield myself in light, I would end up feeling like a old mop before the end of the day.
We often fantisize with solitude or the company of another EA.
As if that wasn't enough, we will usually not have as good results with our own homebase as we do with the outside world. In my own case, I had to resort to an "all out move". Much to my amazement, it worked to some degree, since once I physically moved away to another time zone, they all started to simmer down and began retreating to their own corners.
Now after years, they are beginning to forget slowly, but surely, what all the fuss was about, and with any luck at some point may even be able to have some sort of family reunion. I know, the current state of affairs doesn't seem that great, but my departure, forced them to have to deal with their issues and negativity on their own, once they no longer had me as a close dumping ground.
I got to the point, with my siblings, that I asked each one, not to speak of the other sibling, in order that I no longer had to hear such negative conversations. Although, I have to admit, that once I moved away, that really did the trick. Family dynamics are very complicated. They were like kids on a sea saw, one is down, when the other is up, and they had me pushing or pulling them. You have to force them to be positive and it can be very difficult when they don't listen.
Now when I speak to them, I try to keep the conversations on a positive note. I have actually used the phrase "Let's try to keep this long distance call on a positive note so that it is not wasted."
Believe me I tried many different avenues with them from therapy to countless confounding family reunions in neutral areas (weekend trips to the countryside), often with disastrous endings.
It is much easier to help them on a one on one basis, now, and who knows, maybe someday they will actually have another reunion, even if it is at my funeral, not that I foresee another move anytime soon.
I hope others offer you some of their own experiences, since I doubt many families are as extreme as mine was. Thank goodness they all live in different cities now, so that I can rest in peace knowing they will not hurt eachother more than they already have. Please keep us posted.
Peace and Blessings,
Old 20-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Newfreedom9

I think right now a lot of people are going through separations. It seems like it's a time of sifting the light from the dark. Follow your heart and remember that we are all family. You're blood is no closer to you then anyone else. Would you willingly hang out with a random person who was always dragging you down?

Family is the hardest to separate from. I recently (these last couple weeks) found myself separating from my family. We were really close actually but recently there's a lot going on and I found the lower vibrations (as well as my former Christian brainwashing)were holding me back. So I let them know I needed some time alone to heal and grow. They don't understand, and were hurt but it's for the best. I really have to focus on me so I'm spending lots of time in meditation, in affirmation, in creativity and in nature :).

I came to this cocoon moment in my life when I realized I wasn't a caterpillar anymore and I washed away my old life. My old identity. I'm becoming a new person. I can't be crawling around with caterpillars right now and pretend it's not happening. Plus the lesson for me has been dying to my old self and learning not to be attached to anything or anyone on this earth. This is a time to die to the old and grow into a butterfly. Cause I'm not staying here, I'm flying away.

As for caring about them and wanting to help.. the best thing you can do for them is help you. By keeping a high vibration and helping you, you are helping the world. They have free will, we can't force anyone to grow when they don't want to. Ultimately they are where they have chosen to be. You have been a light and they have made their choice. (They can change their minds still, but I had to come to the realization that we're not all headed for the same place at this time (eventually we'll all be together again.) We're in different places on our paths, and sometimes you just have to cut people off so they can go where they want and you can go where you want.

I had a dream last night that my twin sister and my were in a cave. We'd done what we came to do, and I was so ready to get out of there! But she was interested in various things down there and wanted to stay longer. And I told my dad in the dream, "I can't stay here one more night! I really want out." When I woke up I realized that's where we are. I want to ascend I want out of the 3rd dimension. And she still wants to explore it. There's nothing wrong with either choice, but we have to separate in order to go where we both want to go. I wanted her to come with me, but she doesn't want to go. I have to honor her, and do what I need to do.

I hope this helps. Please don't just take my word for it. Search your own heart and see if you're in the same situation as me or not. Pray for dreams to show you if that helps you. (That's my favorite way to connect to my higher Self.)

BTW I didn't have to move physically.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:11 AM
MYFIGO

Sometimes the best way to influence people is to lead then by the way you live your life. I think also some people enjoy the banter and say things just to get attention. Rather than do good things, they would rather entertain themselves by annoying you.

Since you've already noticed they have no intention of changing for the good, it's time to let them evolve on their own. You've presented them with positive ideas and they did not take you up on it. Now it's time to move forward.

In the meantime, you've also realized that your progress is being hindered. That is the problem with stopping to help others. But you cannot help someone who is not yet ready. I do believe that even if the kindness and help we offer is not used at that moment, it resides within their memory waiting for the right moment.

Besides... there are so many people in the world crying out for help that could use your kind heart and good advice. I would invest in someone that appreciates it and will go on to help others.
Old 21-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Mayflow

Buddha gave up his home and family to find his own road to freedom. Later some of his family did likewise.
Old 21-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Mystic Blaze

Thank you for the replies on this one.

It all makes sense. Far more than it did before. I suppose the thing to do. probably the 'right' thing is to treat our families like we would anyone else we would encounter on our path, in a way. Respect, a willingness to be open minded but never dragged down, and an open offer to help is needed, without being taken for a ride ourselves.
Old 21-03-2012, 10:43 PM
MYFIGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Blaze
Thank you for the replies on this one.

It all makes sense. Far more than it did before. I suppose the thing to do. probably the 'right' thing is to treat our families like we would anyone else we would encounter on our path, in a way. Respect, a willingness to be open minded but never dragged down, and an open offer to help is needed, without being taken for a ride ourselves.

Very well put!