Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich
Gem,

A lot of this rings true and that video was a riot! It is fairly amusing and meta (not metta ) when people's "spirituality" becomes a way to strengthen the ego... in fact, in Ch'an Buddhism, the precursor to Zen, this is called the most dangerous trap to fall into, because you can be deluded that you are on the right path, yet using the very "path" you are on to stifle your development.

That said, I wouldn't be too rough with people using words like "energy" in certain cases, because when you experience something, for example, during meditation, it is hard to describe what you are feeling... so, although I tend not to use the word TOO much outside of a scientific context (unless, of course, someone else refers to something as energy... then I go along with their word, since that is how they understand it), "energy" is as good of a metaphor as any to describe the flow of sensations, perception and emotion. That said, using them to sound wise instead of simply describe something is inexcusable.

-TaoSandwich

Right, but I'm the opposite end of that ego because amongst all the people who know so much about all these spiritual subjects, I know nothing at all, so my ego complex is closer to being an inferiority complex than it is to being a delusion of grandure.

What it really comes down to is, I wasn't born here to be nice to people, but I'm not unkind either, so I can be who I am. You can be sure I'll speak nonsense explicitly and you won't have to read between the lines, but it might take some 'skills and abilities' to detect my subtle and dry sense of humour.
Old 28-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Ivy

This speaking lark is a lose lose situation -

I was told recently, not for the first time, that I speak too directly and some take offense at that...

But then I've also been told that I speak to poetically and no one can understand what I'm saying...

oh, but also that I analyse too much and too much thinking must have gone into the writing...

but then...that I don't explain what I really mean...

then back to...yup, you guessed it, that I'm saying what I really mean too directly

...And when I point out such things like the difference between intellectual analysis and contemplation, the old bolt of lightening comes out to strike down such a devilish diva clearly telling others how to speak

In my defense, I am just expressing meself... rather than the oneness of onenessies that would enable one to speak as one and all
Old 28-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Suspended
Gem - what a wonderfully enlightening post. You are surely ascending any time soon!

Love n light. Oh, and namaste.

Squatch
Old 28-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Guide
Reality is subjective, and we each create our own. How true of fake you want your reality to be is up to you. Only you will determine how it works out for you....
Old 28-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
Reality is subjective,

As an empath, I can see your aura is golden-genuine.

As an advanced soul (me) it might be your destiny to educate lesser souls. In this regard, you might want to educate yourself first with English grammar.

How true of fake you want your reality to be is up to you.

This is nonsense, not only in a grammatical sense, but also logically. Think on.
Old 28-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Suspended
RIP Spock.
Old 28-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Right, but I'm the opposite end of that ego because amongst all the people who know so much about all these spiritual subjects, I know nothing at all, so my ego complex is closer to being an inferiority complex than it is to being a delusion of grandure.
And yet you feel sufficiently qualified to dismiss it as 'nonsense'? I don't think you've yet learnt the meaning of humility, Gem.

Hugs
Old 28-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Master
Thought the video was funny

'My hamstring was tight, hamstring being the french word for kundalini'

x daz x
Old 28-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Seeker

Gem, thank you for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
How true of fake you want your reality to be is up to you.

This is nonsense, not only in a grammatical sense, but also logically. Think on.
I blame you for making my head hurt.
Old 28-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Master
It's just a typo... should be "true or fake".

Closed Thread