Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Namaste Greenslade,

Talking to the soul, I like that. For it seems some may be a little more open in this form of interaction. It is the energy and tone I pick up on mostly. Suppose this in its way is the soul emitting through.

Gestalt reality, the sum parts creating the whole, seems to the way I observe life. For what creates what is observe? The parts and noticing how they interlink and interact. May reach a point and think one is there and it's figured out, but there always seems to be more waiting to be noticed.

Looking at nature can see the interconnections and interactions in motion.

Looking at "ego" as self identity there does seem a contradiction in trying to kill it. For it seems this in itself takes on an identity, as you present.

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what the whole practice or identity thing is about.
For to me it is not so much about no self or ego, but seems to point to a non self. Meaning identity of self is temporary and changing, but in its essence it is the sum of all the lifetimes lived/experience and one being is this in its wholeness.

But for me have this life I am living at present and that is the focus. I know will kick off eventually and my soul will go off where it will. So this part of the journey forms into being with in the whole journey of soul. Adds to the story and consciousness.

But, don't feel it is a solo act. For the lives touched along the way and touch mine blend into being of the journey, adding to the story and the consciousness.
So in a way becomes selfless in its totality.

To make sense of it and create the stories there is the individual. With this comes an ego/self identity. As stated in other posts. To tell and live the stories recorded with in the consciousness with in oneself and with in what gets carried on.

We are quite the package, creation.

For some reason this thought comes to mind some just try too hard to be some thingy and most of the time it is an image or idea held onto. The one that don't just are being as he/she is and really don't give much thought about this.
Both being just the individual being at the moment.

Yes sometimes need a reflection to see oneself. Sometimes can just enjoy the light sparkling on the water or the clouds passing by. Showing the parts blending together in the wholeness of life doing its thing.
Namaste Moonglow

Lao Tzu said in the Tao Te Ching -
"Life, indeed, is like a heat haze,
Things have no form in themselves."

When I first read that I was about nineteen or so and quite frankly a lot of it went over my head so fast it whistled. It's been quite a Journey since. All those years ago, was he talking about quantum theory? Because the energy strings that the physical Universe is made up of have no form in themselves, and if you look at the strings from the theory they certainly look as though they're being seen through a heat haze. If you are picking up on the energy and tone - and tone is vibration after all - is that quantum entanglement?

The body is quite dense vibration while the Soul is...... What is the Soul? Is it a single vibration or - like the human voice - a wide range of tones of a range of vibrations?

That's the interesting thing about consciousness, because we can never quite nail it down and the more we become conscious the more there is to be conscious of - and the more we become conscious of what we're not conscious of. But all those parts 'make us tick' and if we take away just one small part we're in deep trouble. Personality is an aspect of the ego, so if we didn't have en ego and therefore no personality? I wonder how much of a dent that would cause our Spiritual Journey if it was based on the Spirituality of loneliness?

Often the question is what are we actually discussing? The Spiritual ego and the psychological ego are two very different beasts and that's where this discussion falls down, because ego is often portrayed as an ideology and forget the psychology. Ironically that brings them right back to their own definition of 'ego'.

I guess we're both in the same place, Moonglow. There's a Spiritual concept that we don't actually move or Journey, we are static while reality moves in front of us like the frames of a movie reel but it happens so fast that we perceive continuity. That I can figure because often while I'm so engrossed in an action movie I's static but there is the perception that I'm moving. Now not so much, there's the feeling more of standing still while reality happens all around. It messes with the head that's been used to thinking it moves and not what's around it, but it's hard to shake the feeling just the same.

Enjoying the wholeness indeedy.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Namaste Moonglow

Lao Tzu said in the Tao Te Ching -
"Life, indeed, is like a heat haze,
Things have no form in themselves."

When I first read that I was about nineteen or so and quite frankly a lot of it went over my head so fast it whistled. It's been quite a Journey since. All those years ago, was he talking about quantum theory? Because the energy strings that the physical Universe is made up of have no form in themselves, and if you look at the strings from the theory they certainly look as though they're being seen through a heat haze. If you are picking up on the energy and tone - and tone is vibration after all - is that quantum entanglement?

The body is quite dense vibration while the Soul is...... What is the Soul? Is it a single vibration or - like the human voice - a wide range of tones of a range of vibrations?

That's the interesting thing about consciousness, because we can never quite nail it down and the more we become conscious the more there is to be conscious of - and the more we become conscious of what we're not conscious of. But all those parts 'make us tick' and if we take away just one small part we're in deep trouble. Personality is an aspect of the ego, so if we didn't have en ego and therefore no personality? I wonder how much of a dent that would cause our Spiritual Journey if it was based on the Spirituality of loneliness?

Often the question is what are we actually discussing? The Spiritual ego and the psychological ego are two very different beasts and that's where this discussion falls down, because ego is often portrayed as an ideology and forget the psychology. Ironically that brings them right back to their own definition of 'ego'.

I guess we're both in the same place, Moonglow. There's a Spiritual concept that we don't actually move or Journey, we are static while reality moves in front of us like the frames of a movie reel but it happens so fast that we perceive continuity. That I can figure because often while I'm so engrossed in an action movie I's static but there is the perception that I'm moving. Now not so much, there's the feeling more of standing still while reality happens all around. It messes with the head that's been used to thinking it moves and not what's around it, but it's hard to shake the feeling just the same.

Enjoying the wholeness indeedy.

Namaste Greenslade,

Having been visited by loved ones who have departed from this realm of existence, would say souls have thier own quality and tone. I can sense and at times see who it is that is communicating. Whether through nature ( crows for example) or in dreams. These lead me to say yes souls have thier own vibration/tone.

Does form exist outside of our senses or what forms in our mind or nature? Hmm, seems another subject, but quantum entanglement seems to question such and explore the possibilities. As far as I can gather about it at present.

Consciousness does seem to shift and change with what I may become aware of or focus upon. Does lead thoughts into how much in held with I myself through what the individual lives and what is brought into the mix by the soul and ancestry.

Feel all this gives rise to formation of a self and with that the thoughts and psychological makeup.

As far as ego, I don't trip on it much now a days. It is just part of this physical makeup. If one relates to the self, there it is, if not, there it is, , just not focused upon, suppose.

Could be a trick of the shadows and light playing in the mind. What one makes of it or not seems to vary. Which can make things quite interesting.

Yes, life moves around us and one is with in this, IMO.
I am not quite sure if I am always still in it. Just roll with it as best I can at present.

It is interesting what you share about being still while reality happens around you.

I feel reality happens in its own way regardless whether I jump into the mix or not. How I deal with what is occurring seems to be where my mind and actions may go.
Old 22-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslade,

Having been visited by loved ones who have departed from this realm of existence, would say souls have thier own quality and tone. I can sense and at times see who it is that is communicating. Whether through nature ( crows for example) or in dreams. These lead me to say yes souls have thier own vibration/tone.

Does form exist outside of our senses or what forms in our mind or nature? Hmm, seems another subject, but quantum entanglement seems to question such and explore the possibilities. As far as I can gather about it at present.

Consciousness does seem to shift and change with what I may become aware of or focus upon. Does lead thoughts into how much in held with I myself through what the individual lives and what is brought into the mix by the soul and ancestry.

Feel all this gives rise to formation of a self and with that the thoughts and psychological makeup.

As far as ego, I don't trip on it much now a days. It is just part of this physical makeup. If one relates to the self, there it is, if not, there it is, , just not focused upon, suppose.

Could be a trick of the shadows and light playing in the mind. What one makes of it or not seems to vary. Which can make things quite interesting.

Yes, life moves around us and one is with in this, IMO.
I am not quite sure if I am always still in it. Just roll with it as best I can at present.

It is interesting what you share about being still while reality happens around you.

I feel reality happens in its own way regardless whether I jump into the mix or not. How I deal with what is occurring seems to be where my mind and actions may go.
Namaste Moonglow

For all that's said in Spirituality that there's no 'I' in Spirit, it makes me wonder quite frankly. So if you can perceive your visiting Loved Ones as individual? Is it one or two of them that come to you or all of Spirit? I'm OK with things I don't understand but when experience and theory conflict I'm not happy about that. Perhaps that's too simplistic a question but for me it shows that something doesn't quite align. If there is no 'you' in Spirit to decide what 'you're' going to experience in your next incarnation, what does that say about Spirituality? And Souls?

According to science we're a blob of energy so that means we don't have any form as such. Apparently it's the egoic mind that gives solid objects their solidity so that's perception not fact. I guess if you wanted to see how that works you just have to think of beliefs and how 'solid' some people make them. Which is psychology and nothing to do with truth, interestingly. We're almost all empty space so what do we have to be egotistical about? We're a bunch of molecules surrounded by a whole lot of nothing at all and about as solid as a fart in a trance.

I can't remember the numbers off-hand but the electro-magnetic spectrum is something like one four-billionth of all the radiation in the Universe. We see a very small spectrum of that with our eyes. We don't actually see in 3D, the light hits our eyes and our brains then turn it the right way up and extrapolates it into 3D. We only think we see in three dimensions. Is that bonkers or what? I watched a YouTube by a guy called Anil Seth whose multidisciplinary team couldn't work out what consciousness was, the best he could come up with was that it was a two-way process between external and internal. What we have inside has as much to do with the creation of our consciousness as anything else.

It seems we do create our own realities.

The thing is, our egos are in part our own creations, genetics and environment are going to play their parts but the rest is up to us. Is this what we do with out own creations, kill them because we don't Love or even like hat they do? What does that say about us in our rush for Godhood?
Old 23-03-2018, 12:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Namaste Moonglow

For all that's said in Spirituality that there's no 'I' in Spirit, it makes me wonder quite frankly. So if you can perceive your visiting Loved Ones as individual? Is it one or two of them that come to you or all of Spirit? I'm OK with things I don't understand but when experience and theory conflict I'm not happy about that. Perhaps that's too simplistic a question but for me it shows that something doesn't quite align. If there is no 'you' in Spirit to decide what 'you're' going to experience in your next incarnation, what does that say about Spirituality? And Souls?

According to science we're a blob of energy so that means we don't have any form as such. Apparently it's the egoic mind that gives solid objects their solidity so that's perception not fact. I guess if you wanted to see how that works you just have to think of beliefs and how 'solid' some people make them. Which is psychology and nothing to do with truth, interestingly. We're almost all empty space so what do we have to be egotistical about? We're a bunch of molecules surrounded by a whole lot of nothing at all and about as solid as a fart in a trance.

I can't remember the numbers off-hand but the electro-magnetic spectrum is something like one four-billionth of all the radiation in the Universe. We see a very small spectrum of that with our eyes. We don't actually see in 3D, the light hits our eyes and our brains then turn it the right way up and extrapolates it into 3D. We only think we see in three dimensions. Is that bonkers or what? I watched a YouTube by a guy called Anil Seth whose multidisciplinary team couldn't work out what consciousness was, the best he could come up with was that it was a two-way process between external and internal. What we have inside has as much to do with the creation of our consciousness as anything else.

It seems we do create our own realities.

The thing is, our egos are in part our own creations, genetics and environment are going to play their parts but the rest is up to us. Is this what we do with out own creations, kill them because we don't Love or even like hat they do? What does that say about us in our rush for Godhood?

Namaste Greenslade,

Sorry if I came off confusing in part.
So, clarify a bit as best I can in regards to how souls come across to me. First it is not often, but have had dreams and experiences that in which a loved one presence was felt or later revealed.

My mother appears in my dreams, at times, as well as my father. Atleast as they were in form in this realm. In the dreams, my mother is young (mid 30's-early forties), my father is young as well (early forties). Both healthy and happy. My father would be in the background, hanging out, but would notice him there. My mother sometimes in the background, sometimes would converse.

The crows were interesting, for it was not until another friend of mine told me of the passing of a close friend, that I got the connection. But, there were crows following me around and getting my attention. They seemed out of the ordinary in the sense, don't usually have them follow me around.

So, these experiences and other experiences of feeling overwhelming love at times, confirms in me that souls communicate through dreams and nature. Through our thoughts. Not in a self serving way, more in a way of saying we are still with me and I with them. In ways, feelings, images I as this person here am able to relate to.

It is individually that messages get sent, but in a unifying and loving way. Hard to fully explain without sounding a bit off. But, that the way I experience it at times. Not always, just suppose when needed.

For me it is not so strange and feels normal that Spirit, souls may communicate in such ways. Although, they are on another level and it is out of love and connection that it is done.

I don't fully know all of it, just how it is for me at present. Along with soul contracts and again dreams at times revealing to me glimpses of past lives.
This leads to feel that souls have a personality of sort. If not why go through all this? Why make agreements or want to experience being here? Perhaps it is to expand consciousness of the collective, but don't know for sure.

What else you present is pretty fascinating to me. How is all this that is perceived as being real and seemed confirmed by our senses created. If it be just a bunch of particles buzzing around, then how the ****ens do they manage to come together just right in so many ways to give form to all this?

Some say miracles don't exist. Look around more, I say.

If it is just the brain box creating it all, then what does that say about what we have with in ourselves?

Perhaps it's a power trip our ego goes on. Thinking one controls all this. Perhaps in the ways one adapts to it and lives life here, but do we control how the pieces around us manage to blend together?

Trying to do anything to me is an act of ego, in a way. So trying for "Godhood" to me is just making it a thing to strive for and create for such. Another self created reality?
Just playing with the thought.

A trick of the light? What happens when the lights go off and all is quiet? Does consciousness stop or does one simply step into a whole new realm of consciousness? Ego coming along as long as the individual is there? Perhaps, just not so noisy.

Thanks you
Old 23-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslade,

Sorry if I came off confusing in part.
So, clarify a bit as best I can in regards to how souls come across to me. First it is not often, but have had dreams and experiences that in which a loved one presence was felt or later revealed.

My mother appears in my dreams, at times, as well as my father. Atleast as they were in form in this realm. In the dreams, my mother is young (mid 30's-early forties), my father is young as well (early forties). Both healthy and happy. My father would be in the background, hanging out, but would notice him there. My mother sometimes in the background, sometimes would converse.

The crows were interesting, for it was not until another friend of mine told me of the passing of a close friend, that I got the connection. But, there were crows following me around and getting my attention. They seemed out of the ordinary in the sense, don't usually have them follow me around.

So, these experiences and other experiences of feeling overwhelming love at times, confirms in me that souls communicate through dreams and nature. Through our thoughts. Not in a self serving way, more in a way of saying we are still with me and I with them. In ways, feelings, images I as this person here am able to relate to.

It is individually that messages get sent, but in a unifying and loving way. Hard to fully explain without sounding a bit off. But, that the way I experience it at times. Not always, just suppose when needed.

For me it is not so strange and feels normal that Spirit, souls may communicate in such ways. Although, they are on another level and it is out of love and connection that it is done.

I don't fully know all of it, just how it is for me at present. Along with soul contracts and again dreams at times revealing to me glimpses of past lives.
This leads to feel that souls have a personality of sort. If not why go through all this? Why make agreements or want to experience being here? Perhaps it is to expand consciousness of the collective, but don't know for sure.

What else you present is pretty fascinating to me. How is all this that is perceived as being real and seemed confirmed by our senses created. If it be just a bunch of particles buzzing around, then how the ****ens do they manage to come together just right in so many ways to give form to all this?

Some say miracles don't exist. Look around more, I say.

If it is just the brain box creating it all, then what does that say about what we have with in ourselves?

Perhaps it's a power trip our ego goes on. Thinking one controls all this. Perhaps in the ways one adapts to it and lives life here, but do we control how the pieces around us manage to blend together?

Trying to do anything to me is an act of ego, in a way. So trying for "Godhood" to me is just making it a thing to strive for and create for such. Another self created reality?
Just playing with the thought.

A trick of the light? What happens when the lights go off and all is quiet? Does consciousness stop or does one simply step into a whole new realm of consciousness? Ego coming along as long as the individual is there? Perhaps, just not so noisy.

Thanks you
Namaste Moonglow

It's me that needs to apologise Moonglow, not you. Momentary lapse of reason. What I was trying to express there is that even in Spirit and despite all that's projected onto it and there not being a sense of self/Self, there's an individuality of some description - it's just how that individuality is ..... projected? It's been said that all Spirit is 30 years old because that's a reflection of Spirit being in the prime of Life. We're supposed to be in our prime at round 30 and being in Spirit doen't get much more 'prime'. There's still...... 'something' as a point of reference as being your individual parents and what they mean to you as you perceive it. And I do get what you mean because my father in Spirit still comes around, not so often because I tend to go to pieces emotionally. But there is still something or some thing that I can relate to as father the same as you do with your parents. The big question is what is that something/some thing? We don't know the colour of consciousness so I suppose appearing as thirty is as good a way as any to express if it 'gets the job done'. Is that all that ego is? A 'mask' to go on top of consciousness to help us 'get the job done' as in go through this existence?

When we are masks of consciousness, what then?

What doesn't make sense to me is when everything that Spirit is supposed to be falls apart at the seams. Isn't Spirit supposed to not have a personality? And if one does?

I've been told that when I pop my clogs I'll still be 'me' but I'll also have an awareness of being a part of a greater whole at the same time. I guess it's a teamwork kind of thing where individuality meets the 'greater good'. Simplistically I can understand how we make the choices, somewhere between ourselves and the team. If you want to have an experience someone needs to interact with you so you can have it. By the way, didn't we agree that you would have the experience of me kicking your tail? Wouldn't want your Spiritual development to be curtailed.

Spirits aren't supposed to have a personality because having one of those means ego, yet here you are telling me that you feel Souls have a personality? As it happens I fully agree with you, Souls/Spirits do have an individual personality, but I often wonder what's in people's minds when they know the truth that the don't have one.

I think we've spoken about this before, so briefly Matsuru Emoto did a lot of work with how consciousness imprints water. Our thoughts also change our energies, if your thoughts are nice and calm then your whole being will feel calm. A lot of that kind of stuff is pretty basic I think, but how does that translate into a wider reality? Feeling as if our whole being is anger is a bit of a way from creating existence in form.

Apparently there are 26 numbers in the Universe that have to be very finely tuned for us to exist in this way. Take gravity for instance, if it had been a little more all matter would be too super-heavy for us to exist and a little bit less would have meant that matter wouldn't coalesce enough to create planets and the like. The more we learn about quantum physics the more we're learning that science, consciousness and matter all interact in ways we could never have imagined.

Indeed, what does it say about what's inside ourselves?

As we Walk this Path we don't walk in a straight line, there are no straight lines as such. We walk the spiral, and even though we think we're back at some certain point we're actually above the point, not on it. Desiderata was one of the text that was with me when I began this Journey and often I return to it to gain different insights. The message remains relevant even though the words that convey it can change.
"Go quietly amidst the haste and noise, and remember what peace there may be in silence." In that yes, a whole new realm of consciousness.

Anther 'model' stolen from science but very much mirrored in Spirituality is the concept of 'Now Slices'. Spirituality and science completely agree with this one but science says it better. It's as though we're sitting watching a movie, reality is what's in front of our faces and is being shown to us, one frame at a time. Each frame is what's called a 'now Slice', a single moment in the Now and not connected to slices before or after the current one. We don't move in reality, reality moves in front of us although admittedly that's quite a concept to grasp. It's kind of a few steps 'above' letting the Universe unfold if you like.

From a human perspective we need a frame of reference, while it's cool to say that the experiencer and the experience are one and the same, there is merit in understanding the reasons they are not. If our perception was that they were one and the same, how would that change the enjoyment of me talking to you if there was no perceptual difference?

If there was no ego/I Am to have these beliefs, these perspectives? Sometimes it gets Spiritually noisy too, and we need a little silence away from that as well.
Old 25-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Namaste Moonglow

It's me that needs to apologise Moonglow, not you. Momentary lapse of reason. What I was trying to express there is that even in Spirit and despite all that's projected onto it and there not being a sense of self/Self, there's an individuality of some description - it's just how that individuality is ..... projected? It's been said that all Spirit is 30 years old because that's a reflection of Spirit being in the prime of Life. We're supposed to be in our prime at round 30 and being in Spirit doen't get much more 'prime'. There's still...... 'something' as a point of reference as being your individual parents and what they mean to you as you perceive it. And I do get what you mean because my father in Spirit still comes around, not so often because I tend to go to pieces emotionally. But there is still something or some thing that I can relate to as father the same as you do with your parents. The big question is what is that something/some thing? We don't know the colour of consciousness so I suppose appearing as thirty is as good a way as any to express if it 'gets the job done'. Is that all that ego is? A 'mask' to go on top of consciousness to help us 'get the job done' as in go through this existence?

When we are masks of consciousness, what then?

What doesn't make sense to me is when everything that Spirit is supposed to be falls apart at the seams. Isn't Spirit supposed to not have a personality? And if one does?

I've been told that when I pop my clogs I'll still be 'me' but I'll also have an awareness of being a part of a greater whole at the same time. I guess it's a teamwork kind of thing where individuality meets the 'greater good'. Simplistically I can understand how we make the choices, somewhere between ourselves and the team. If you want to have an experience someone needs to interact with you so you can have it. By the way, didn't we agree that you would have the experience of me kicking your tail? Wouldn't want your Spiritual development to be curtailed.

Spirits aren't supposed to have a personality because having one of those means ego, yet here you are telling me that you feel Souls have a personality? As it happens I fully agree with you, Souls/Spirits do have an individual personality, but I often wonder what's in people's minds when they know the truth that the don't have one.

I think we've spoken about this before, so briefly Matsuru Emoto did a lot of work with how consciousness imprints water. Our thoughts also change our energies, if your thoughts are nice and calm then your whole being will feel calm. A lot of that kind of stuff is pretty basic I think, but how does that translate into a wider reality? Feeling as if our whole being is anger is a bit of a way from creating existence in form.

Apparently there are 26 numbers in the Universe that have to be very finely tuned for us to exist in this way. Take gravity for instance, if it had been a little more all matter would be too super-heavy for us to exist and a little bit less would have meant that matter wouldn't coalesce enough to create planets and the like. The more we learn about quantum physics the more we're learning that science, consciousness and matter all interact in ways we could never have imagined.

Indeed, what does it say about what's inside ourselves?

As we Walk this Path we don't walk in a straight line, there are no straight lines as such. We walk the spiral, and even though we think we're back at some certain point we're actually above the point, not on it. Desiderata was one of the text that was with me when I began this Journey and often I return to it to gain different insights. The message remains relevant even though the words that convey it can change.
"Go quietly amidst the haste and noise, and remember what peace there may be in silence." In that yes, a whole new realm of consciousness.

Anther 'model' stolen from science but very much mirrored in Spirituality is the concept of 'Now Slices'. Spirituality and science completely agree with this one but science says it better. It's as though we're sitting watching a movie, reality is what's in front of our faces and is being shown to us, one frame at a time. Each frame is what's called a 'now Slice', a single moment in the Now and not connected to slices before or after the current one. We don't move in reality, reality moves in front of us although admittedly that's quite a concept to grasp. It's kind of a few steps 'above' letting the Universe unfold if you like.

From a human perspective we need a frame of reference, while it's cool to say that the experiencer and the experience are one and the same, there is merit in understanding the reasons they are not. If our perception was that they were one and the same, how would that change the enjoyment of me talking to you if there was no perceptual difference?

If there was no ego/I Am to have these beliefs, these perspectives? Sometimes it gets Spiritually noisy too, and we need a little silence away from that as well.

Namaste Greenslade,

From what I understand at present is that Spirit communicates through our thoughts. Souls being Spirit that has experienced the physical and these experiences are stored with in the collective consciousness.

Just my take on this.

When communicating with me and it be a loved one the soul may form an image in my mind of that loved one as held with in my consciousness. To give my mind a frame of reference. Meaning as I remember or is held with in my memories/thoughts. This in order for me to relate. If a message is meant for me in order to bring healing into those aspects in my mind and self.

This gives me the impression that Soul seems to give an impression of a personality. It loves and desire healing be brought to me. It is possibly also the way my mind interprets it.

Hopefully not be too confusing here.

There seems to be different ways Spirit may communicate. If it is to bring healing into my life, then what better way then through those I love and know?
If it be to bring further awareness or attention to Spirits connections, then this seems on a more collective level, so projected or noticed through nature and interactions with people in general.

Souls are not separate and are of the collective, as I relate to it. But, when experiencing and/or communicating on an individual level, gives the impression of the individual. The individual is real in the sense that it is what's created, just as much as anything else taking form.

So, that is my lay men's' interpretation at present.

Living this life as this person. Since I have not chosen to become a guru or monk and live in isolation somewhere or be in a meditative state of divine connection, left with relating to this world and this self.

It does bring wonder as to how much is just being created with in the mind? How much is just how the "slices" form and placed together with in the mind?
Is consciousness just a scrap book of sorts? A collection of memories and stored energy waiting to be tapped? Hmm, don't know for sure.
Seems science and Spirituality point to this possibility.

Yes, at times it seems it gets to noisy. Telling and pointing to things. So busy talking, that very few seem to just listen and enjoy the show.

What is taken away from an experience? Like going to a concert. Some may focus upon the musician they like, some my focus upon the crowds reaction, some the performance. While some if enjoyed, say great show. If not say well that was dispointing. I gues it what one makes of it. The senses may create how the experience gets interpreted, but the experience itself happens as it will.

Without an ego though, would anything be made of this? Atleast, in the sense of being an individual.

BTW: side note
I don't recall the part of the contract that said you're to kick my tail. Must of been in the small print.lol
Well, if favor needs returning, just let me know ( joking)
Old 27-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Namaste Greenslade,

From what I understand at present is that Spirit communicates through our thoughts. Souls being Spirit that has experienced the physical and these experiences are stored with in the collective consciousness.

Just my take on this.

When communicating with me and it be a loved one the soul may form an image in my mind of that loved one as held with in my consciousness. To give my mind a frame of reference. Meaning as I remember or is held with in my memories/thoughts. This in order for me to relate. If a message is meant for me in order to bring healing into those aspects in my mind and self.

This gives me the impression that Soul seems to give an impression of a personality. It loves and desire healing be brought to me. It is possibly also the way my mind interprets it.

Hopefully not be too confusing here.

There seems to be different ways Spirit may communicate. If it is to bring healing into my life, then what better way then through those I love and know?
If it be to bring further awareness or attention to Spirits connections, then this seems on a more collective level, so projected or noticed through nature and interactions with people in general.

Souls are not separate and are of the collective, as I relate to it. But, when experiencing and/or communicating on an individual level, gives the impression of the individual. The individual is real in the sense that it is what's created, just as much as anything else taking form.

So, that is my lay men's' interpretation at present.

Living this life as this person. Since I have not chosen to become a guru or monk and live in isolation somewhere or be in a meditative state of divine connection, left with relating to this world and this self.

It does bring wonder as to how much is just being created with in the mind? How much is just how the "slices" form and placed together with in the mind?
Is consciousness just a scrap book of sorts? A collection of memories and stored energy waiting to be tapped? Hmm, don't know for sure.
Seems science and Spirituality point to this possibility.

Yes, at times it seems it gets to noisy. Telling and pointing to things. So busy talking, that very few seem to just listen and enjoy the show.

What is taken away from an experience? Like going to a concert. Some may focus upon the musician they like, some my focus upon the crowds reaction, some the performance. While some if enjoyed, say great show. If not say well that was dispointing. I gues it what one makes of it. The senses may create how the experience gets interpreted, but the experience itself happens as it will.

Without an ego though, would anything be made of this? Atleast, in the sense of being an individual.

BTW: side note
I don't recall the part of the contract that said you're to kick my tail. Must of been in the small print.lol
Well, if favor needs returning, just let me know ( joking)
The butt-kicking wasn't in the small print, Moonglow, it was on the front page in large, flashing, neon colours. Guess you missed it then. Oh well. My butt doesn't stay too long in any one place but you're welcome to try.

I often try and imagine how Spirit perceives the Universe, and if Spirit has no ego? The other problem is, what is an ego and how are we defining it? We need a point of reference regardless of how it's defined because without it, 'I' can't have these beliefs nor talk to 'you' to share ideas. Oh, and 'you' can't kick 'my' butt so the contract that 'you' signed'? You need a word with your legal counsel, sorry mate. Regardless of how it's defined there is always a sense of individuality somewhere along the line, whether it's us talking to each other or us talking to Loved Ones in Spirit. We couldn't do that without a point of reference as an individual either 'here' or 'there'.

The question for me is what is the question? Are we really talking about 'ego' or are we talking of what little sense we can make of it within the framework of limited consciousness and the need to escape our own humanity?

One can't Love oneself and others if there is no self, if there are no others. If all is Love and all is One? Is it still Love then?
Old 27-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
The butt-kicking wasn't in the small print, Moonglow, it was on the front page in large, flashing, neon colours. Guess you missed it then. Oh well. My butt doesn't stay too long in any one place but you're welcome to try.

I often try and imagine how Spirit perceives the Universe, and if Spirit has no ego? The other problem is, what is an ego and how are we defining it? We need a point of reference regardless of how it's defined because without it, 'I' can't have these beliefs nor talk to 'you' to share ideas. Oh, and 'you' can't kick 'my' butt so the contract that 'you' signed'? You need a word with your legal counsel, sorry mate. Regardless of how it's defined there is always a sense of individuality somewhere along the line, whether it's us talking to each other or us talking to Loved Ones in Spirit. We couldn't do that without a point of reference as an individual either 'here' or 'there'.

The question for me is what is the question? Are we really talking about 'ego' or are we talking of what little sense we can make of it within the framework of limited consciousness and the need to escape our own humanity?

One can't Love oneself and others if there is no self, if there are no others. If all is Love and all is One? Is it still Love then?

I gave my lawyer the sack and the contract was reviewed by my new lawyer.
Who said that the I am bound by the contract as signed and can not revise it.
So, I sacked the new lawyer and Looking to hire a new one to review the contract again.

Agree, need a point of reference. If perceiving the self as a temporary thing, then still experiencing being Human as this self. True, if no one there, then there can not be an interaction.

Ego, for me gets to muddled up. It seems if it goes against some kind of established philosophy or teaching then somehow ego is to blame and is wrong.

If referring to ego as individual expression and identity, then this is reflected in these exchanges and personalities expressed.

If to think like Spirit. Aren't we of Spirit? Meaning, isn't this Spirit having a human experience? What comes with being Humana?

If it is to bring healing and unity of some kind, then would venture to say an ego to desire this or work through it seems to be there.

Ego is just a term point of reference. I don' t buy into the no self thing. I get in essence being Soul/Spirit. In living life there are individuals. Yes, if about love, about healing, about bringing awareness, ect., then indicates to me there are individuals. If it is all about doing away with the self, then what's the point?

I am not attempting to do away with the self. I share what I understand at present. Think like Spirit type of approach. The question that comes is then how can it be noticed, cared about, understood, or questioned, if there is no ego/"I"/identity there to relate in some way? If there is no consciousness of it or of itself?

What is below, so is above. Is each a reflection of the other? If there is consciousness of an ego/self here, then does it go away there? If so, then why does Spirit even bother?
Old 28-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I gave my lawyer the sack and the contract was reviewed by my new lawyer.
Who said that the I am bound by the contract as signed and can not revise it.
So, I sacked the new lawyer and Looking to hire a new one to review the contract again.

Agree, need a point of reference. If perceiving the self as a temporary thing, then still experiencing being Human as this self. True, if no one there, then there can not be an interaction.

Ego, for me gets to muddled up. It seems if it goes against some kind of established philosophy or teaching then somehow ego is to blame and is wrong.

If referring to ego as individual expression and identity, then this is reflected in these exchanges and personalities expressed.

If to think like Spirit. Aren't we of Spirit? Meaning, isn't this Spirit having a human experience? What comes with being Humana?

If it is to bring healing and unity of some kind, then would venture to say an ego to desire this or work through it seems to be there.

Ego is just a term point of reference. I don' t buy into the no self thing. I get in essence being Soul/Spirit. In living life there are individuals. Yes, if about love, about healing, about bringing awareness, ect., then indicates to me there are individuals. If it is all about doing away with the self, then what's the point?

I am not attempting to do away with the self. I share what I understand at present. Think like Spirit type of approach. The question that comes is then how can it be noticed, cared about, understood, or questioned, if there is no ego/"I"/identity there to relate in some way? If there is no consciousness of it or of itself?

What is below, so is above. Is each a reflection of the other? If there is consciousness of an ego/self here, then does it go away there? If so, then why does Spirit even bother?
Moonglow. Buddy. Burn the damned contract already, have you learned nothing?

Namaste Moonglow

It''s been said that once upon a time there was a single consciousness, all alone in the night. Then one day it asked a question that changed reality forever, it asked "Who Am I?" In order to see itself and perceive itself, it split itself into two. The rest, they say, is history.

To be honest I think people get too caught up in the conceptual stuff and forget sanity and reason, they're so busy running away that they're not thinking about any kind of practicality at all and it all gets bonkers from there.

And yes, you've got it right there. People need to play the blame game. If there's something wrong with them then let's play Blame the Ego for all that ails us, for all the bad things in the Universe. Sorry, I'm in 'vent-my-spleen' mode today.

We forget the beauty in being human. No it's not all sunshine and roses but regardless, we are Spirits having chosen this existence. Unless, that is, Spirit is an idiot and not at all like everything that's projected onto it?

To be honest, I'm at a stage where it really doesn't matter any more, and there's something quite liberating in that. It's calm, it's peaceful and it's I Am. I don't need the definitions any more, I don't need to be a slave to them.

Strangely enough, Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs and Spirituality say the same thing, it's all about self-actualisation. We learn and grow from each other. We fight and argue and the consciousness goes around and grows, it wouldn't grow if Life was static sunshine and roses and for that you need to start with basic individuality. I guess it's egoic to think we're thinking like Spirit but we're just humans thinking we think like Spirit.
Old 29-03-2018, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Moonglow. Buddy. Burn the damned contract already, have you learned nothing?

Namaste Moonglow

It''s been said that once upon a time there was a single consciousness, all alone in the night. Then one day it asked a question that changed reality forever, it asked "Who Am I?" In order to see itself and perceive itself, it split itself into two. The rest, they say, is history.

To be honest I think people get too caught up in the conceptual stuff and forget sanity and reason, they're so busy running away that they're not thinking about any kind of practicality at all and it all gets bonkers from there.

And yes, you've got it right there. People need to play the blame game. If there's something wrong with them then let's play Blame the Ego for all that ails us, for all the bad things in the Universe. Sorry, I'm in 'vent-my-spleen' mode today.

We forget the beauty in being human. No it's not all sunshine and roses but regardless, we are Spirits having chosen this existence. Unless, that is, Spirit is an idiot and not at all like everything that's projected onto it?

To be honest, I'm at a stage where it really doesn't matter any more, and there's something quite liberating in that. It's calm, it's peaceful and it's I Am. I don't need the definitions any more, I don't need to be a slave to them.

Strangely enough, Maslo's Hierarchy of Needs and Spirituality say the same thing, it's all about self-actualisation. We learn and grow from each other. We fight and argue and the consciousness goes around and grows, it wouldn't grow if Life was static sunshine and roses and for that you need to start with basic individuality. I guess it's egoic to think we're thinking like Spirit but we're just humans thinking we think like Spirit.

Namaste Greenslade,

You know, wonder if it is not so much we forgot to be Spiritual, but in a way forgot how to Human. As you point out.

Seems some so busy trying to be this or that or please someone or sone deity, that in the mad rush forget that it is already inside us. The potentials to create change and bring one another together. If doubted, just look at human history. Look at what has been created, noticed, changed, and discovered.

It is amazing and this organism that is my body and mind is downright awesome.

It seems though that ideas get set up in the mind as to how it should be. When expectations are not met, blame is placed upon the other person, God, and yes Ego. How much is placed on the individual him/her self? In the manner of not brow beating oneself, but being honest with oneself and taking responsibility for oneself.

When Spirituality becomes a fad and fashion, then it seems it gets watered down. The point gets blurred and it becomes grouped up. It's like if not in with the crowd then viewed as wierd, old fashion, and other labels. All about love, if conformed to the set ways. Not all, but enough to project feelings of some how being unworthy, in some circles.

But, it doesn't work that way for me. To be honest it feels false in some ways.
I am at a point of being alright with being a bit on the outskirts. The circle dance of going around trying to prove or extinguish that which may be uncomfortable seems too much work.

Finding comfort in the discomfort. It ain't about ego, this just comes with the territoritory and yes being Human. It is about living life. About living among and with each other as willing and able to do. Yes, it is calming and a bit fun.

I can laugh at bits of it and not take everything as a personal assault. I can be myself and with myself. I can be with others and share in the Human experience and listen to thier stories.

Sure my ego will chirp up, so do others. Not butting heads about it, too much and not feeling I have no say in the matter seems what arises.

People may define me as they feel, sense, perceive me, but just relaying how they relate and at times bringing me back to Earth and to what is at hand.

Spirit goes right along for it is that energy of life, being alive in all things.
May not think fully like Spirit, then again Spirit may not think about it, just does it (whatever it may be). Both Spirit and I dancing through this journey to the rhythms of life.