Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Experiencer

Then again, there's the other end of the spectrum that's always "offended" by their "triggers". I guess I'm somewhere in between. So no, I'm not used to "friendly" internet debate, because the whole Digital Revolution disgusts me. I don't do smartphones or social media, I only frequent this forum because I have some serious spiritual struggles. Otherwise I'd rather just bash skulls with the cavemen.

Anyway....back to 2016: Year of the 9!
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Oh haha if you already consider me an adversary, you'd hate to actually make me angry. I've just been through painful things as well and I thought I could shed some light on your predicament. That said, I'm also not a very nice person and even my best intentions come across as harsh. I apologize.

But it's still very rude to call the belief of another "rubbish". Even if you feel that way, there are more respectful ways to say so. Starting a statement with "no offense" doesn't really make it less offensive. But I agree, some of these New Age beliefs can be pretty....out there. It's like our generation can't decide between arrogant atheism or magically poofing this body away.

Both sides of the spectrum can be pretty irritating. And if you haven't seen for yourself yet, a lot of people specifically come on forums like this just to criticize other people and their spiritual beliefs. I could name a few but I'd probably get in trouble. If you truly are seeking truth, skeptical as you may be, I apologize for wrongly assuming you to be a troll. You're just another millennial haha.

Some "evidence"....Not necessarily for this topic, but for synchronicity and/or numerology. Take it as you will. 2016, like it has been for many others, was a powerful year for me. A lot of hard times, but a lot of growth for my partner and I as well. '16....year of the 9. Now, if you hadn't noticed, I'm a very angry opinionated person. That's something I've been working on. As well as a phobia of emotional/verbal conflict, which is a pretty bad combination. I'm never on a forum for long before I get in an argument and never return.

I really don't want that to happen here, because this forum is one of the few that have actually helped me out in life. I've learned a lot since I started coming here. So if I do get in a debate with anyone, whether or not we have legitimate points, the whole situation is even more distressing to me. Our "argument" would be a good example.

Stupid as it is, waiting for your replies had me a nervous wreck. I always feel like I'm an unwilling magnet for conflict. Although part of me must enjoy is, because "winning" is simply more satisfying than compromise. But I'm learning to appreciate peaceful resolution more. Last time I was waiting for you to reply, torn between compromise and competition, I noticed the post count for this thread: 16. Then YOUR post count at the time: 94. Then noticed the (possibly incorrect/glitching) time on a clock....somewhere? This happens so much that I try to ignore it, so I don't remember which clock it was. Or what exactly the time said. But it had a combination of 1, 4, 6, and/or 9. Notice a theme here?

I see those numbers everywhere. When I do, I think/know that whatever I do (or don't do) next is extremely important. That's why I didn't respond right away; I was still riled up, and I had the option to either add to the tension or learn something from it. Maybe even teach something too.

You still come across as a bit snarky, but I know I do too. I pride myself on my arrogance at times. Even so, I'm glad I took the time to cool down before replying. Your polite response to someone more kind than myself (FairyCrystal) is what indicated to me that you aren't an atheist troll. If you were, you would react the same to both kindness and cruelty from folks on this website.

As for those numbers I always see, don't ask what they mean or why I see them. I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe they mean nothing at all; perhaps I make them mean something, an example of confirmation bias. Maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy and I've just trained myself to check the clock at certain times. Either way, I make important decisions and think them through carefully when I see those numbers. And I've always had a problem with making decisions for myself.

Is any of that evidence to you? I don't imagine it is, because I'm skeptical of it myself haha. There is no logical explanation for seeing certain numbers all the time. But it happens so much that I'm kind of creeped out by it, and that makes me wish that it is just rubbish. It's easier to believe I'm insane.

So I apologize for our misunderstanding, I'd be a liar if I said I can't be bitter sometimes too.

If it makes you feel any better, my mother is dead too.

Edit: Since you added more to your last post, I have one more point to address now: online debate. Online anything, really. I'm not a big fan of the internet or our generation in general. Since I was a child, I've always believed that the internet and other long-distance electronic communication has made people very impersonal and disrespectful. Common courtesy has been surpassed by smartasses and sarcasm.

Well don't worry about it, it's forgiven and forgotten and I'm glad we got this to a reasonable end. Instead of adding fuel to the fire and reacting more defensively, I decided it was best to fight fire with water instead of constantly fighting fire with fire, something which I have to stop doing myself as well, and it's nice to see it brought me a wonderful result. Sorry once again for my first post here, it's just the fact that harsh and rough forms of debating is a part of my life. I have this kind of debates with my closest friends all the time, so I didn't knew any better here. But I suppose I should adjust and make it look less rude the next time. I don't think that you are a bad person at all though, now that we worked it out you seem kinda nice and I admire your honesty.

As for the numbers, this is the result I got when I researched them:

Angel Number 1469 is a message to stop procrastinating and get on with things. It is time for you to detach yourself from your old and outdated material possessions and*items and ‘let go’ and ‘release the old’. *It is a message that assures you that whatever leaves your life at this time will be replaced with ‘new’ and ‘better’.*Be open to*receiving all that you deserve as you are ready for an upgrade in your life.

Since I am still a bit too sceptical to accept it's meaning, perhaps this message may be of any significant importance to you.

And no, it does not make me feel any better to hear that your mother is also dead because I don't wish that even to my worst enemy. Everyone loses their parents at some point, but both of us shouldn't go through this while we're still this young.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well don't worry about it, it's forgiven and forgotten and I'm glad we got this to a reasonable end. Instead of adding fuel to the fire and reacting more defensively, I decided it was best to fight fire with water instead of constantly fighting fire with fire, something which I have to stop doing myself as well, and it's nice to see it brought me a wonderful result. Sorry once again for my first post here, it's just the fact that harsh and rough forms of debating is a part of my life. I have this kind of debates with my closest friends all the time, so I didn't knew any better here. But I suppose I should adjust and make it look less rude the next time. I don't think that you are a bad person at all though, now that we worked it out you seem kinda nice and I admire your honesty.

As for the numbers, this is the result I got when I researched them:

Angel Number 1469 is a message to stop procrastinating and get on with things. It is time for you to detach yourself from your old and outdated material possessions and*items and ‘let go’ and ‘release the old’. *It is a message that assures you that whatever leaves your life at this time will be replaced with ‘new’ and ‘better’.*Be open to*receiving all that you deserve as you are ready for an upgrade in your life.

Since I am still a bit too sceptical to accept it's meaning, perhaps this message may be of any significant importance to you.

And no, it does not make me feel any better to hear that your mother is also dead because I don't wish that even to my worst enemy. Everyone loses their parents at some point, but both of us shouldn't go through this while we're still this young.

That's actually pretty relevant, because I do procrastinate. I fear making the wrong decision, a decision my loved ones won't like, so I avoid deciding anything at all. And I do need to clean my room at my mom's apartment (not birth-mom, adoptive mom/birth-mom's sister) because I don't even live there anymore. I love her with all my heart, but she's a bipolar jerk like me and I try to avoid her.

And by "feeling better" I meant "in the same boat" better, not "ha ha your mom died too" better. Just to clarify haha. And I apologize if my morbid humor bothers you; my mom died when I was a baby, so it was long enough ago to joke about things. After all the other suicides in my family, it almost is a running joke. Better to laugh than cry in this life.

Thanks for thinking I'm nice and honest. I've got more compliments on this forum than anywhere else online. Either joining here has made me a better person, or the folks here have met some horrible people to compare me too. Great English, by the way; read your profile and saw that you're Dutch. I would've thought English was your first language.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That's actually pretty relevant, because I do procrastinate. I fear making the wrong decision, a decision my loved ones won't like, so I avoid deciding anything at all. And I do need to clean my room at my mom's apartment (not birth-mom, adoptive mom/birth-mom's sister) because I don't even live there anymore. I love her with all my heart, but she's a bipolar jerk like me and I try to avoid her.

And by "feeling better" I meant "in the same boat" better, not "ha ha your mom died too" better. Just to clarify haha. And I apologize if my morbid humor bothers you; my mom died when I was a baby, so it was long enough ago to joke about things. After all the other suicides in my family, it almost is a running joke. Better to laugh than cry in this life.

Thanks for thinking I'm nice and honest. I've got more compliments on this forum than anywhere else online. Either joining here has made me a better person, or the folks here have met some horrible people to compare me too. Great English, by the way; read your profile and saw that you're Dutch. I would've thought English was your first language.

Well I also try to avoid getting into decisive situations, not a fan of that neither unless I know what I'm dealing with and after having sought everything out perfectly. And you are right about it, I suppose laughing is better than crying my eyes out of my sockets. And I get it now so I'm not bothered by your sense of humor, lol.

And you seemed to figure out I'm Dutch, but it doesn't show me my location on my own profile. That's kinda weird... Oh well, not that it matters. And yea, English kind of came naturally to me after a life of gaming and watching movies, and talking to lots of acquaintances from different places in the world. Then again, us Dutch people are quite known for our above average English.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
And you seemed to figure out I'm Dutch, but it doesn't show me my location on my own profile. That's kinda weird... Oh well, not that it matters. And yea, English kind of came naturally to me after a life of gaming and watching movies, and talking to lots of acquaintances from different places in the world. Then again, us Dutch people are quite known for our above average English.
Really? I could've sworn your profile cleariy said you were Dutch, living in the Netherlands. Maybe the site is glitching on your end? And English and Dutch are fairly closely related, at least as far as Indo-European languages go, so it makes sense that it'd come naturally. I kinda study linguistics as a supplement to anthropology/history haha. I wonder, do you speak English with any accent as far as you know?

Old 09-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Master
A fellow Dutchie? I didn't know, I rarely check profiles.

Anyhow, having read your conversation and talking about arguments and disrespect online etc... it made me think of this one card in the Wisdom of the Oracle deck "Mending". Somewhere in the interpretation it comes up with the question:
"What would love do?"

That question comes to mind whenever I feel ratty, annoyed, or simply not knowing what to say or how to react to someone. I ask myself "What would love do?" and bang, something clicks into place and whatever I was feeling before is gone.
Truly is like a miracle question :)
Old 09-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Really? I could've sworn your profile cleariy said you were Dutch, living in the Netherlands. Maybe the site is glitching on your end? And English and Dutch are fairly closely related, at least as far as Indo-European languages go, so it makes sense that it'd come naturally. I kinda study linguistics as a supplement to anthropology/history haha. I wonder, do you speak English with any accent as far as you know?

Or the site could be haunted, since I checkd my user CP to check if I wrote anything about my location. But well yea I have a somewhat slow Dutch accent, I think. Usually every day I have to talk English as well to some co-workers from Indonesia and Africa here, and they seem to understand me fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
A fellow Dutchie? I didn't know, I rarely check profiles.

Anyhow, having read your conversation and talking about arguments and disrespect online etc... it made me think of this one card in the Wisdom of the Oracle deck "Mending". Somewhere in the interpretation it comes up with the question:
"What would love do?"

That question comes to mind whenever I feel ratty, annoyed, or simply not knowing what to say or how to react to someone. I ask myself "What would love do?" and bang, something clicks into place and whatever I was feeling before is gone.
Truly is like a miracle question :)

lol, but what if you don't feel love to someone? And nice to know I'm not the only Dutch person here.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Or the site could be haunted, since I checkd my user CP to check if I wrote anything about my location. But well yea I have a somewhat slow Dutch accent, I think. Usually every day I have to talk English as well to some co-workers from Indonesia and Africa here, and they seem to understand me fine.

lol, but what if you don't feel love to someone? And nice to know I'm not the only Dutch person here.
Hiya fellow cloggie!

You don't need to love someone to feel love inside of you.
Replace the word 'love' with 'positive', that'll make it easier to understand.
If someone is negative, you can still be positive. From your own positive standpoint you will react very differently, but most important thing of it: you will feel good yourself.

Same thing when you now replace 'positive' with 'love' in the above example ...
It's about your own feeling, not about making an effort someone you may not even care about. That the other may benefit from it is a nice extra. Especially since it increases chances of them becoming nicer towards you too. But that's not your goal. Your goal is to feel good yourself.
The principle that happy, positive people are nice to be around ties in to this as well.

Also consider the difference in 'loving someone' and 'being love' or 'flowing love through you'... You don't need to love someone to still be love, or flow love through you.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Experiencer

Haha I always check profiles. I'm a very curious person, maybe a little suspicious, and I like to know who I'm talking to. For some reason, I prefer foreign folks over other Americans. The US is not as free as we're taught to believe!

I always wonder if I sound like an American Southerner to people....

I don't think it's fair to say 2016 was all "bad" or "rough". Sure a lot of crazy stuff is unfolding, like Standing Rock and the US election, and some absolutely horrible things have happened for no apparent reason. But it helps to believe those are challenges to bring out the best in people. Some will struggle, some will come through stronger and smarter. I'd rather say 2016 has been a powerful year.

I felt it from the beginning, that this would be an important revolution around the Sun. The moment to make our decisions and pick our paths. Before I ever studied numerology, before I started seeing "those numbers" everywhere, I thought "'2016' just sounds scary...." And it has been. But in some ways, this has been the best year of my life.

I started praying again in January. To whom or what, I'm still not sure. Then in March, on the new moon, I was lying in bed just sinking into the comfort....and it happened. Not sure what "it" was, but there was such an intense rush of joyous energy. I had to force myself to stay quiet because I was laughing and crying.

For the next few days, I was in glowing haze of happiness. Everything was so awesome and I wondered how I ever felt so unhappy before. The intensity of that feeling has since faded, and some moments this year have been the darkest of my life, but I see now that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Because we already carry that light as a living torch within us. Despite my struggles, I feel that I chose the right path. I've grown up a lot this year.

If this was 2015, I wouldn't still be here right now. My brief conflict with SlayerOfLight would've been enough to chase me from this forum. I would've only become more defensive, never admitting I was wrong, escalating the tension. If I didn't get banned from the forum, I would've left on my own. But not this time. I like this place; that's another good thing about 2016, I found this website and made an account. Y'all have helped me out more than I expected.

Dreams and signs keep telling me that I'm where I'm supposed to be at this time in life. Something is driving me to pursue spiritual growth, and my childhood interest in biology and ethnobotany has been renewed. I guess it is time to finish what I started in Year 1 haha. Though my wishes and values make me feel "insane" or "abnormal", there is nothing more satisfiying than following my heart. Even if I may be persecuted.

Yes, 2016 was a powerful year. At least for me and my family. On 6/6/16, at about 11am (WITHOUT daylight saving time), my baby niece was born. My 40 year old brother's first kid, and probably my mom's only biological grandchild. That little baby is slowly-but-surely healing my whole family. Although I pity her being born into this world, because whether a Clinton or Trump presidency scares you more, these times are dangerous and only getting worse. Half the country didn't even vote, so I support no one for president!

But I suppose danger and peace are in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Deactivated Account
I see. Still, I could've sworn that I don't remember revealing my location in my profile, but I did do that in my introduction thread however. And to be honest I haven't been very spiritual this year though, I tried at some points and after a somewhat life-changing dream I had I thought I came into contact with one of my guides/guardians, but I gave up on most of that and rejected it as hogwash. Other than my mother passing away 2016 has been pretty neutral. Most of all I've been more busy with establishing a social life and having lots of beer and stuff like that.