Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Deactivated Account

So interestingly when I first awakened my desire for fame/success became even more pronounced because my ego was kinda on a trip thinking it'd be a great guru or something. But then I went through something spiritually akin to the dark night of the soul which knocked it out of me which I'm great grateful for. Now I have no interest in fame/success and just want to live a happy humble life.
Old 17-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Deactivated Account
I do and have always had a strong drive and determination in me to follow a certain path - one which has and will, no doubt include a little bit of limelight. I feel an inner drive to explore public speaking, storytelling and entertaining.

This drive has been with me since I was very young... It didn't change after my awakening and in fact, each year which goes by - even as I get more into the flow of my life - I feel myself being intuitively guided to align more with this inner drive... To be true to my soul's desire in this life.

For me what has changed though is my reason, my motivation for this path. As a kid, I simply wanted to be in the limelight because it brought me joy - it made my spirit come alive.
I grew up in a cult which created a saviour complex in its congregation and as a young person it made me feel as though I was meant to walk some great path of 'truth' for others. During my awakening that was just one of many of my false beliefs to fall away.

Now, at least seven years after my awakening in 2012, intuitively, I am still guided to walk this path (to align with my soul urge) but it is because my soul seeks for me to learn how to express itself in this life... Through my actions and through what I create in the world.

Another thing which has changed even... As I honour this path - is that I wish to only express my being-ness in each moment... So although I am somewhat of a storyteller, I simply want to express the very essence of being through stories... So many of my stories reflect this haha... And some seem to have no point or conclusion - they are simply for entertainments sake Lol! I tell stories because I enjoy the experience of telling them.

I am now feeling back at that state where I was as a young kid, my soul has a desire to express
it's state of beingness lol...

To me... This feels like the closest I've ever felt to humbling authenticity.

Being authentic, vulnerable and real while being 'seen'... Is possibly a state which really brings me to the core of my very essence.

Though - part of awakening for me has been to open up to align to my souls path... My inner calling - And a fair aspect of my path is to learn how to express that deeper essence which makes me, me, my being-ness.
Old 17-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraceliCianna
So interestingly when I first awakened my desire for fame/success became even more pronounced because my ego was kinda on a trip thinking it'd be a great guru or something. But then I went through something spiritually akin to the dark night of the soul which knocked it out of me which I'm great grateful for. Now I have no interest in fame/success and just want to live a happy humble life.
I know. Our ego is such a great dreamer for us all
maybe spiritual awakening is really about waking up from a dream (nightmare?) our ego tries to inflict upon us.
Yet I sometimes want to thank my ego for showing me the way, being teaching materials by negative examples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I do and have always had a strong drive and determination in me to follow a certain path - one which has and will, no doubt include a little bit of limelight. I feel an inner drive to explore public speaking, storytelling and entertaining. ...
For me what has changed though is my reason, my motivation for this path. As a kid, I simply wanted to be in the limelight because it brought me joy - it made my spirit come alive. ...
Now, at least seven years after my awakening in 2012, intuitively, I am still guided to walk this path (to align with my soul urge) but it is because my soul seeks for me to learn how to express itself in this life... Through my actions and through what I create in the world.

Another thing which has changed even... As I honour this path - is that I wish to only express my being-ness in each moment... So although I am somewhat of a storyteller, I simply want to express the very essence of being through stories... So many of my stories reflect this haha... And some seem to have no point or conclusion - they are simply for entertainments sake Lol! I tell stories because I enjoy the experience of telling them.

I am now feeling back at that state where I was as a young kid, my soul has a desire to express
it's state of beingness lol...

To me... This feels like the closest I've ever felt to humbling authenticity.

Being authentic, vulnerable and real while being 'seen'... Is possibly a state which really brings me to the core of my very essence.

Though - part of awakening for me has been to open up to align to my souls path... My inner calling - And a fair aspect of my path is to learn how to express that deeper essence which makes me, me, my being-ness.

Wow very interesting. Your whole writing already has poetic phrasing here. I find it pretty cool and entertaining indeed. I've picked up each of your words and followed them very carefully.

I know maybe all of our soul does have a desire to express itself, love is just one of its expression, but our ego usually choses something from outside, not inside of us, to identify ourselves...(like social status/recognition, which definitely include fame, wealth, etc.)
That beingness is honestly the concept I'm not familiar with and I checked it up...this is pretty philosophical, no? It's cool to let our soul wonder and explore in an artistic & infinite way like you do! Thank you for showing us yet another great aspect of our spiritual awakening, emeraldheart.
Old 17-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Ascender
Success is a subjective term.
Success on "what" changes with knowing more of the life itself.
But pursue of success continues with even more vigor with glimpse of spirituality. - As we know that our souls have purpose and as we are aiding our souls to succeed.
Old 17-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Seeker

LonLon, you said you don't feel the natural flow of success/abundance.. do you find yourself living in a scarcity mindset? Could you focus on a gratitude practice for awhile? You may find you have a lot more abundance/success in your life than you realize maybe just in areas you were not looking before. In my own experience I have found my failures/lack of success my greatest learning opportunities. there is always room for gratitude in everything we experience.
Old 17-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
how do you reconcile this with "survival" which may require "success"?

We do what is necessary to provide for our earthly needs, and perhaps we are very good at what we do and we enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle. But this does not require that we desire any social status or recognition. We are simply participating in life and using our abilities.

For most people, survival is more challenging, and they may have to work long hours just to provide the basics. But this does not mean that they cannot be content. As the Bhagavad Gita suggests, work without being attached to the results.

As Winter Song says, there is great happiness to be found in a simple ordinary life.

Peace.
Old 17-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
I'm a newbie so I don't know if this question was already asked. This must be one of the common theme regarding awakening though.

So I'm not asking if you become nihilist or have lost your desire to live...no, not at all. I'm only asking if you are no longer interested in getting any social recognition after awakening.

I sort of fall into this category.

If you have, do you consider it the necessary step for your spiritual development?
Have you got any favorable changes in your life due to it or do you rather struggle with your low desire?
Humility is a wonderful teacher.
The most favourable change has been ‘allowing’ life to reveal itself to me and embracing those connections that link and map my life that more “feels” right as they emerge. The striving, need, desires were holding me back from an effortless movement, where I now understand their is no rush in clarity in this way. As far as success goes. The most successful thing out of all this is that the work I have done on myself back to my own emptiness, sources everything I need more complete, without “me” in the way..

The most important success in me would be, feeling more complete as myself. The follow on from there is more joy of being and doing. “The feel good feelings”..
Old 18-01-2019, 03:48 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We do what is necessary to provide for our earthly needs, and perhaps we are very good at what we do and we enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle. But this does not require that we desire any social status or recognition. We are simply participating in life and using our abilities.

For most people, survival is more challenging, and they may have to work long hours just to provide the basics. But this does not mean that they cannot be content. As the Bhagavad Gita suggests, work without being attached to the results.

As Winter Song says, there is great happiness to be found in a simple ordinary life.

Peace.

As the Bhagavad Gita suggests, work without being attached to the results.

Thanks; appreciate your helpful response, iamthat.
I suspect everyone has their direction, Winter Song is just her own. Namaste.
Old 18-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Success is a subjective term.
Success on "what" changes with knowing more of the life itself.
But pursue of success continues with even more vigor with glimpse of spirituality. - As we know that our souls have purpose and as we are aiding our souls to succeed.
True I want to change the thread title's "success" to "worldly success" but I can't even edit my first point now! But still, some may find it still ambiguous (or more so with the term "worldly", as if we are not allowed to enjoy our lives or something) . Maybe I should have put it "no longer seeking social recognition" instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngje847
LonLon, you said you don't feel the natural flow of success/abundance.. do you find yourself living in a scarcity mindset? Could you focus on a gratitude practice for awhile? You may find you have a lot more abundance/success in your life than you realize maybe just in areas you were not looking before. In my own experience I have found my failures/lack of success my greatest learning opportunities. there is always room for gratitude in everything we experience.
Hey youngje847, thank you for your kind words I very much appreciate it.
What I meant by natural flow is exactly what JustBe is talking about below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Humility is a wonderful teacher.
The most favourable change has been ‘allowing’ life to reveal itself to me and embracing those connections that link and map my life that more “feels” right as they emerge. The striving, need, desires were holding me back from an effortless movement, where I now understand their is no rush in clarity in this way. As far as success goes. The most successful thing out of all this is that the work I have done on myself back to my own emptiness, sources everything I need more complete, without “me” in the way..

The most important success in me would be, feeling more complete as myself. The follow on from there is more joy of being and doing. “The feel good feelings”..

This is a perfect answer from JustBe and I was saying I want to be like her, too! I think her message about humility also carries the notion of gratitude you've mentioned. As you have pointed out, I do think I suffer from scarcity mindset... but quite honestly, I'm more worried about how my (soul) partner is doing right now. So yeah, I want to blame him for distracting me!
Of course people would say just focus on yourself, you can't use other people as an excuse to not do things you should be doing to yourself...but, but, friendz? your loved ones??? All good-hearted people out there I meet/never met? Couldn't be our lives just be more than one, personal life? To what extent can we be allowed to step into the others' spiritual realm? I don't know anymore.

IOW, I'll be way more relieved if people can assure me that all these (spiritual) things happening to me for over a decade or so is due to the so-called ascension at the Universe level, which obviously involves everyone regardless of their spiritual experiences/stages, all of the dimensions, as opposed to people telling me I'm right on track as far as personal spiritual development is concerned so that I can finally belong to the heaven or something.
Yet this would require another thread to talk about...

But yeah, I'll do the gratitude practice NTL. Thank you for reminding me! Maybe something will change. I want that change desperately now!
Old 18-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonLon
True I want to change the thread title's "success" to "worldly success" but I can't even edit my first point now! But still, some may find it still ambiguous (or more so with the term "worldly", as if we are not allowed to enjoy our lives or something) . Maybe I should have put it "no longer seeking social recognition" instead.

Hey youngje847, thank you for your kind words I very much appreciate it.
What I meant by natural flow is exactly what JustBe is talking about below.

This is a perfect answer from JustBe and I was saying I want to be like her, too! I think her message about humility also carries the notion of gratitude you've mentioned. As you have pointed out, I do think I suffer from scarcity mindset... but quite honestly, I'm more worried about how my (soul) partner is doing right now. So yeah, I want to blame him for distracting me!
Of course people would say just focus on yourself, you can't use other people as an excuse to not do things you should be doing to yourself...but, but, friendz? your loved ones??? All good-hearted people out there I meet/never met? Couldn't be our lives just be more than one, personal life? To what extent can we be allowed to step into the others' spiritual realm? I don't know anymore.

IOW, I'll be way more relieved if people can assure me that all these (spiritual) things happening to me for over a decade or so is due to the so-called ascension at the Universe level, which obviously involves everyone regardless of their spiritual experiences/stages, all of the dimensions, as opposed to people telling me I'm right on track as far as personal spiritual development is concerned so that I can finally belong to the heaven or something.
Yet this would require another thread to talk about...

But yeah, I'll do the gratitude practice NTL. Thank you for reminding me! Maybe something will change. I want that change desperately now!

Someone recently said to me. “I want what you have found”. I said. “If you do the work (on self) you will find what your seeking through me. Gratitude was often the point in me that preceded compassion,loving kindness and humility. Your natural being state or true self understands so practising the very thing you wish to become, will support everything not in alignment to it in you, to fall away..