Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
My dog's life after death

Hello everyone, I have just joined this morning. Greetings!
I have a question about my dog.
She died nearly 3 months ago, age 15. All her life she stuck to me like glue, we went everywhere together, we slept together, she never ran off, stayed within feet of me constantly. I didn't ask her to, she just wanted to. Wherever I was -she was.
Since she passed away, on 4 occasions I felt her energy suddenly, very strongly, by me, bright and fine, and full of love. These contacts lifted me up, made me very happy to know she was OK, happy, and also definitely DID exist after death.

Two weeks ago I had a spontaneous out of body experience in my bedroom. I called her name and she came to me, and I touched her (warm, live) head. She seemed so happy to be getting her ears scratched! Full of love again. I could not SEE her as my vision wasn't working out of body, but could hear and speak, and had sense of touch.
This morning I had another out of body experience but only part-way out, over my bed. This time I could see and hear, but my voice wouldn't work. I heard her just beyond my door, on the landing, making her usual noises when I was lying-in, and she wanted to get up. I could make out movements through the crack between my open door and door frame. I knew it was her.
I came back to body fast (am not very good going out of body)

I have been wondering...it seems she is quite content, but appears to be in the dimension right next to the usual earth plane. I am pretty convinced she's set up "home" there. As far as she probably knows, she's still at home, getting on with "life".....I don't know for sure, but those are my conclusions based on what I've experienced.
Is this OK for her? It figures. She always wanted nothing but to stick to me like glue. But could this be bad for her?
I hope my post isn't too long. I had to explain things properly.
Old 26-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Master

This is one for my friend Peter (LPC)!.....

Also, see the thread entitled 'Pets: Faithful till the end ...and beyond' in the 'Nature' section.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-08-2012, 07:25 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
This is one for my friend Peter (LPC)!.....

Also, see the thread entitled 'Pets: Faithful till the end ...and beyond' in the 'Nature' section.

I have lost many furkids over my years on this earth, and every one of them was special and my teacher, deeply bonded to me as I was to them. I of course thought I would get communication with each one after they passed, and it was hurtful when that did not turn out to be the case. Of all of my beloved canine companions, only one came to me after having to be released from her ailing body... my special ultra-advanced and highly spiritual Kara. She came to me in a dream on the night she crossed into spirit. In my dream she was young, happy, and healthy. I believe she came to show me she was alright... young and vigorous and as mischievious as she'd been in her sparkling and enthusiastic youth.. and to let me know she still "was" and not to worry about her. This dog also while still living woke me from a sound sleep when my late husband and I took our little tiny dolphin mini-motorhome out for a maiden voyage, leaving our (then) two dogs at home with a friend who house and pup-sat for us. Kara was having none of it. She astral-projected and energetically woke me up. I opened my eyes to a vivid and HUGE image of her smiling face above me.

I don't know why some dogs can do this and others can't... maybe it's partly my fault, because I want to connect with them, but am deeply skeptical and don't want to sell myself a bill of goods just to assuage the pain of loss. Perhaps also my grief and pain block entrance, as I understand it is hard for spirits to break through dark and heavy negative emotions.

Anyway, I'm pleased for you that you're having that contact with your dog, and I believe it is not harmful to her. She may well have completed her crossing but comes back to spend time with and comfort you. As close of a bond as the two of you had, I would think she would indeed wish to do that. Just my personal opinion, of course. I'm not an authority on the subject!
Old 26-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you both of you for your answers.
That dog of mine taught me so much. She put me in a position of character development -which actually worked!- every moment on Earth she spent with me. She brought me my true self, which now, with hindsight I can see.
I was a mess when she first came to me. She left me -a whole person.
And since she has died she continues to teach me.
I love her and always will.
She is the first being who has shown me for absolute certain, that death does not exist. Only transformation. And the power of love.

And it is still debated...do dogs have Souls?

I will try to stop being concerned about her. Maybe she knows her way round the Astral etc better than we all do!
Old 26-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
That dog of mine taught me so much. She put me in a position of character development -which actually worked!- every moment on Earth she spent with me. She brought me my true self, which now, with hindsight I can see.
She is the first being who has shown me for absolute certain, that death does not exist. Only transformation. And the power of love.

I will try to stop being concerned about her. Maybe she knows her way round the Astral etc better than we all do!

To love and be loved by an animal adds something to one's character in a way that nothing else does.
It makes one a more rounded, complete individual. The great spiritual lesson to be gathered from that is the unity of all life and the need for extended compassion...

As you say, dogs, indeed all animals, have souls just as we do and they are animated by the Spirit of God just as we are. When your 'time' comes all your loved ones, both the two-legged and the four, will be there to greet you.

I don't think there is anything untoward. Pets often do stay close to their earthly homes and owners for a time, because that is where their 'heart' is.

And you must remember, animals work to the full range of senses. Cats and dogs have a heightened degree of psychic perception, a lot more than we humans do. So, as you say, they know their way around the astral.

Old 26-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Administrator
There is no death only a continuation of life for animals as well as humans your dog will always be near to you as your connection was strong
i see my dog and ive heard him bark since he went, dogs as well as all animals give unconditional love,

Namaste
Old 27-08-2012, 03:19 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi

Like Knight, I am convinced animals DO possess souls! And I loved what you said about your dog growing YOUR soul.... that is their "assignment"! They do this by the method you described... they draw forth from us the awareness and the character traits we as souls are trying to ascertain, and they do it simply by being themselves and exampling their unconditional love for us. If I were in the same room with you, I would give you a great big hug You are blessed. You have known the purest of love and been shown great and instructive things by your most loving and earnest teaching companion...
Old 27-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartLight
Like Knight, I am convinced animals DO possess souls! And I loved what you said about your dog growing YOUR soul.... that is their "assignment"! They do this by the method you described... they draw forth from us the awareness and the character traits we as souls are trying to ascertain, and they do it simply by being themselves and exampling their unconditional love for us. If I were in the same room with you, I would give you a great big hug You are blessed. You have known the purest of love and been shown great and instructive things by your most loving and earnest teaching companion...

I am very blessed by this and by her. Thank you HeartLight for you too.
I just needed to make sure it was OK or her to be in this in-between-world even though from impressions I've got she does seem OK. I was hoping she wasn't there because she didn't know what else to do, where else to go, and wanted to stick around what was familiar.
You see, although she brought me immeasurable blessings, she was a little bit uneasy of being anywhere without me.
Old 26-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartLight
I have lost many furkids over my years on this earth, and every one of them was special and my teacher, deeply bonded to me as I was to them. I of course thought I would get communication with each one after they passed, and it was hurtful when that did not turn out to be the case. Of all of my beloved canine companions, only one came to me after having to be released from her ailing body... my special ultra-advanced and highly spiritual Kara. She came to me in a dream on the night she crossed into spirit. In my dream she was young, happy, and healthy. I believe she came to show me she was alright... young and vigorous and as mischievious as she'd been in her sparkling and enthusiastic youth.. and to let me know she still "was" and not to worry about her. This dog also while still living woke me from a sound sleep when my late husband and I took our little tiny dolphin mini-motorhome out for a maiden voyage, leaving our (then) two dogs at home with a friend who house and pup-sat for us. Kara was having none of it. She astral-projected and energetically woke me up. I opened my eyes to a vivid and HUGE image of her smiling face above me.

I don't know why some dogs can do this and others can't... maybe it's partly my fault, because I want to connect with them, but am deeply skeptical and don't want to sell myself a bill of goods just to assuage the pain of loss. Perhaps also my grief and pain block entrance, as I understand it is hard for spirits to break through dark and heavy negative emotions.

Anyway, I'm pleased for you that you're having that contact with your dog, and I believe it is not harmful to her. She may well have completed her crossing but comes back to spend time with and comfort you. As close of a bond as the two of you had, I would think she would indeed wish to do that. Just my personal opinion, of course. I'm not an authority on the subject!

A fine post.

Indeed, with their unstinting loyalty, love and non-judgement, we humans could learn much from dogs!

You cannot force these things, but many people do receive signs and projected 'thought images' from departed loved ones. And I'm sure there are many others that are missed due to people simply not being spiritually aware enough to pick up on such signs or too shrouded in grief to notice.

"Young, happy and healthy", yes, that is how it is on the Other Side. I'd definitely say that was a genuine message from your departed dog. How lovely.

Old 27-08-2012, 03:13 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A fine post.

Indeed, with their unstinting loyalty, love and non-judgement, we humans could learn much from dogs!

You cannot force these things, but many people do receive signs and projected 'thought images' from departed loved ones. And I'm sure there are many others that are missed due to people simply not being spiritually aware enough to pick up on such signs or too shrouded in grief to notice.

"Young, happy and healthy", yes, that is how it is on the Other Side. I'd definitely say that was a genuine message from your departed dog. How lovely.

Thank you Knight. You have validated what I felt to be true.