Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-10-2012, 03:45 AM
New-Simon

Any Druids on board - how to live the lifestyle?

I've recently been looking into Druidry - seems to be right up my street.

I flirted with the idea in my younger days, and spent quite a lot of time in druid areas, visiting sites, stone circles etc.. (Oxfordshire and West Country, England).

this appeals to me greatly.

now, how does one go about living the lifestyle?

the question is asked because nowadays I live in a very polluted city in a developing country - no nature around at all , and the local religion is Buddhism.

Old 25-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Sungirl

I don't believe it is a lifestyle you choose to live. You either are druid and live a lifestyle that is appealing to a druid, or you don't.

If you are new to druidry and it is calling you I would suggest you learn all about it and work on connecting to the spirits of place (something that the type of druidry I am familiar with find important).

I don't think there is any tick-list that says the life you live is one of a druid, it's a set of values and beliefs rather than what you do with your days.

Personally I couldn't imagine living somewhere with no nature at all... are you able to have a garden?

If you are good at visualisation you are able to connect to the spirit of nature that way if you can't access it in the 3d.
Old 28-12-2012, 08:13 PM
revalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
I don't believe it is a lifestyle you choose to live. You either are druid and live a lifestyle that is appealing to a druid, or you don't.

If you are new to druidry and it is calling you I would suggest you learn all about it and work on connecting to the spirits of place (something that the type of druidry I am familiar with find important).

I don't think there is any tick-list that says the life you live is one of a druid, it's a set of values and beliefs rather than what you do with your days.

Personally I couldn't imagine living somewhere with no nature at all... are you able to have a garden?

If you are good at visualisation you are able to connect to the spirit of nature that way if you can't access it in the 3d.

You say 'spirits of place' how would you describe this? as sacred locations which is the finding of some research I have been doing which indicates some locations have been sacred since very ancient times. My findings indicate that Jesus and Mary of Magdala were aware of this.
Old 29-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Sungirl

Every place has a spirit of place. It doesn't have to be "sacred"

When I moved into my first home on my own I brought some of the stones that were clearly from the area and worked with them to honour the spirits of the land that the house was built on.

In the home I have now I have set up a "circle" garden and honour the elements there but it is still important to honour the spirits of the place too.

Any place can be sacred if you make it so.
Old 17-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Newbie ;)

I struggle with this as well. Honestly, self-discipline and consistency is a lifelong battle for me, it seems.