Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Master
The Predetermined Nature of Death

It is only our physical body that dies, but all through life human beings have death-like experiences. I am not referring to near-death experiences; rather I am referring to experiences of loss. Experiences where we grieve the lost of something, or someone, dear to us.

It may be a divorce or the breakup of a closely held relationship, the death of a pet, the loss of our youth or innocence, the death of a loved one or a stranger, or even the loss of a job. Things that bring us to grieving are as preparation for the loss of our own physical life.

The vast majority of terminally ill people go through stages of grieving, and impermanence while we are healthy and full of life paves the way for us to embrace our own physical impermanence; that is if we pay attention to the impermanence that we experience in all that we do on a daily basis.

I am of the belief that our physical death is predetermined. The method of our death is another matter in my opinion, whether we die from suicide, homicide, a sudden illness or injury, accident, or a drawn out terminal illness, death does the same thing to us. Although the method of our death may cause different reactions from ourselves, while we are dying, and those who survive us here on Earth.

From a scientific point of view. Our physical body is programmed with the genetic coding of our biological parents and certain terminal illnesses do run in the family. Suicides often run in the family also, although I would not say that people are preprogrammed to commit suicide. Nonetheless, human beings have a physical, and maybe even an emotional, predisposition that is handed down by their biological parents. Looking at our biological parents can give us an idea of our longevity, notwithstanding accidents and other anomalies, and also how our physical body will age.

From a religious point of view. In the Christian Bible, Ecclesiastes 3. “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, a time to die,” etc. There was even a song made out of this Bible verse. There are lots of religions that believe in “fate” as it pertains to death. Lots of Hindus believe in astrology to determine when they might die. Some people embrace the reading of a person’s palm to determine their longevity. There are many religious and philosophical approaches to the topic of whether our death is predetermined or not.

From a spiritual point of view. I have talked to a lot of people who have had out of body experiences, and many of them recount going down a tunnel and meeting a being near the end of that tunnel. Some say that being resembled Jesus, others say Buddha, others say Krishna, or their guru here on Earth, and still others say that being had no facial features; it was just radiating intense love and light.

However, one thing all of these people who had this experience of the tunnel, told me that the being they encountered in the tunnel told them, “it is not your time yet.” An they were sent back into this physical world. This implies to me that there is an individual time for each of us to cross over to the other side. Now just because our death may be predetermined does not mean we should not grieve the loss of that person when they die. We are always grieving for ourselves even when we say we are grieving the loss of someone, or something, else.

So I guess maybe I should ask a question here. Do you believe that our physical human death is predetermined?

Below is a link to a discussion that I started back in May 2016 about people knowing when they are going to die; which I think may be tied into the topic of this thread.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101205
Old 10-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Do you believe that our physical human death is predetermined?

Yes I believe we predetermine our own time and manner of death prior to incarnating. I believe it is absolutely up to us, it's out of our own free will when we leave our body. There's no 'fate' coming at us from somewhere else. We decide.

I read in channeled messages of a spirit guide (a source I feel is authentic) that sometimes we even arrange for several "exit points'. When we reach that time in our life our higher self decides whether they want to leave now or continue. I guess it depends on whether we did all we came for in this life. Sometimes an opportunity might present itself to learn more, and the higher self decides to stay longer. It's not set in stone.

I dreamed once of my father who is deceased. I believe this was a real meeting I had with him that night. He was with a small girl and she asked me, do you want to join us now here? I said, I can't, and gave them the reason why I had to stay here a bit longer.

This is how I see it, it's all up to us, it's our free will.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
So I guess maybe I should ask a question here. Do you believe that our physical human death is predetermined?

I believe that what those honest people report is their interpretation of the information they acquired during those states. They filtered their experiences through their systems of beliefs.

Space and times are features of, only, the physical plane, needed to facilitate practicing reality creation while learning to master one's own thoughts and emotions. In the non-physical, one can focus anywhere in space and time, and that may be interpreted during an NDE as a message that your physical life is not yet at its end, as one perceives a future that didn't happen yet.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:12 PM
leadville

Some will be but not all.....
Old 18-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Newbie ;)

I lost the love of my life a little over a week ago. We were as I believe, twin flames. Nothing was ever more special or strong in my life and after a couple of on and offs, we had cleared our entire life to be with each other. A week later, he dies. I struggle with the fact that he chose to go when there was so much more to live...
Old 18-06-2018, 10:10 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata12041989
I lost the love of my life a little over a week ago. We were as I believe, twin flames. Nothing was ever more special or strong in my life and after a couple of on and offs, we had cleared our entire life to be with each other. A week later, he dies. I struggle with the fact that he chose to go when there was so much more to live...

It seems that one or both individuals may think they're 'twin-flames' or soul mates and it might indeed be so but it's not necessarily the case. It is though usually a struggle to make sense of unexpected death.

Perhaps it had been planned as the culmination of his incarnation and if you are indeed twin-flames then at least sub-consciously both of you will know why and both of you do understand why. The kicker comes, though, in trying to link those possible situations to your conscious awareness, in trying to make sense of, or at least being able to accept, there being a plan for his passing so soon after you came together.

But it could also be that something just didn't turn out the way it was hoped for or intended; a biological issue leading to his unplanned death. If so then he didn't make any choice to go or to leave you.
Old 18-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:

Dear Renata, my kindest thoughts to you and to your loved one, and my condolences to you.
This must be so hard. It is only one week since he passed. Sending you a hug

Please try to remember that he is in a finer dimension now, not dead, and your Love can indeed reach him, and vice-versa.
Old 19-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
I feel your grief but blame does not help. You really don't know if he "chose" to go or if it was predetermined for him to go before he met you here on Earth. I am guessing that he died because for one reason or another his physical body gave out. Sometimes we can control this and sometimes we can not. You have said that you had a very strong and special relationship, and even though the physical aspect of that relationship is no more, you still have that very strong and special presence. There are many in their life-time who will never know that kind of presence. Talk to him, even though he is no longer physically with you, and maybe your struggle will be eased. You have lost his physical presence, grieve that loss, but know that the love is still there.
Old 19-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Master
Thank you all for your comments on the topic of predetermined death.
I understand that there are lots of different points of view on this.
Your feedback is appreciated.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 19-06-2018, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
My impression is that it isn't just death that is predetermined. I suspect that most of the major events of our life are predetermined as well the people in it. it almost has to be predetermined for us to all interconnect and have the encounters we need to have to learn what we came to learn. I often here the phrase, the stars aligned, to describe an event that just came together like magic. This means the time, place and people need to converge at the right time, at the right place, with the right people for the encounter to occur. For example, a person is driving down a very rural highway and crashes. Without immediate help they would die but more often than not hours can go by without another car in sight but as chance would have it, on this day, at this exact point in time, a doctor or paramedic is driving to go on vacation right behind the car. Could be happenstance or it could be it was meant to happen that way.

We often feel the need to push our lives forward and get things done now when more often than not life has it's own timetable and things will only fall in line once all the stars align. This includes death.

This in many ways does take away some of our free will, but I suspect that maybe the free will comes in before we script our lives. Once we commit we are bound to the contract that is our life with all the events and people that will cross our paths. Our free will coming into play in regards to how we chose to respond to the events of our life.

I read a book once that talked about suicides and how they might be addressed in a prelife plan. The idea the book presented was that a suicide was never written into a life plan but that there is a potential for it to happen given the conditions that the soul would encounter that life. The people who agreed to be a part of the life of someone who struggles acknowledge that the potential for suicide is there and they are willing to risk it to be a part of their life.

In any event, I would suspect if our death is predetermined there is much more that is predetermined than any of us realizes. The coordination of all these souls to intermingle on this little planet makes it almost seem like it can't be any other way without absolute chaos. Of course we will never know until we ourselves pass over but it's what makes sense to me. Interesting topic, that is for sure.