Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 29-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Knower
Deja Vu Events

I can remember the first time I experienced Deja Vu. It was when I was about 7 years old. When it happened, I instantly remembered that it came from a dream I had had the night before. The Deja Vu event lasted just over a minute. In that time I knew exactly what people were going to do and say because I had had the dream. They were also dressed the same as in the dream. It was 100% recall but triggered by the start of the Deja Vu event.

Over the next 10 years, I had about around 1 or 2 such events a year. If the Deja Vu lasts longer than 3-seconds, I could usually trace it back to a dream I had had. This became the norm for many years.

Starting around 10 years ago I noticed two changes in my Deja Vu events. The dreams that triggered them were often from years prior, and they are increasing in frequency. Several such events I had came from dreams I had had 30 years before or more. Again, I was able to know what people were going to say before they spoke. This leads me to believe that our lives are predestined. Several of the dreams I have had I have remembered for many years, feeling that these dreams were so odd that I never forgot them and then 30+ years later, the dreams come play out as Deja Vu. Its almost as if everything is scripted. People dress the same as in the dreams, say their lines, go through their pre-determined functions, the backgrounds match as does the weather and time of day. It is like watching an old movie again years later. The other change I noticed is that my Deja Vu events are becoming far more frequent. Its no longer happening two or three times a year but can be three or four times a month, but in all cases where the Deja Vu events last more than 3-seconds, I can see that they come from dreams I have had in the past. In many cases again, I remembered the dreams for years and then, suddenly, the Deja Vu event happens.

I cannot help but think that there is a reason for such Deja Vu events but I cannot figure that out. They could just be life markers, telling me that I am indeed on my life path despite the feeling of living a chaotic life. Perhaps its to comfort me when I feel my life has gone sideways.

On holiday four years ago I had four Deja Vu events within the same two week period. Two of the Deja Vu events weres o short that I couldn't get a feel of just where they came from or what triggered them, but the other two were much easier to figure out. One stemmed from a dream I had had just two weeks prior to going away on holiday while the other had come from a dream I had 35 years ago. I remembered that dream vividly and would often stop to think about it because it was so odd. I never forgot it and then suddenly, it came into being while I was at a resort in Mexico. It was like walking onto a movie set.

I had two such Deja Vu events last August, both of which also stemmed from previous dreams and both were from dreams I had had over 30-years ago. Both occurred when I was at a meditation retreat. One was when I was sitting in the meditation hall I suddenly remembered the dream and found my surroundings suddenly familiar. The other was was when we are listening to instruction before the meditation sessions started. I remembered, suddenly, one of the people from the meditation center giving us instructions. I had heard the instructions before during a dream from 20-year previous.

We live lives that are scripted. It is only our reactions that are not necessarily known. Perhaps that is what our lives are all about. Our lives are set up so we experience what we feel we need to experience, good or bad, and it is only our reaction to these events that really matter. The amount of energy and thought to create these events must be beyond belief. I cannot help but think we are pawns in a much larger game and yet, I cannot but help feel we do this willingly and with love.

I have no idea why my Deja Vu events are accelerating. I will sometime have two or three such episodes a week now. None are what I would describe as being anything more than mundane. Walking into a restaurant and as the waitress is taking me to my table I see a couple at a table and suddenly I have a Deja Vu event. I bought a bottle of soda and placed it on the floor next to my work table. Stepping back and seeing the bottle against the table leg triggered a Deja Vu event -- I've seen that before, and yet, I have never placed a bottle of soda on the floor next to my work table leg before. None of my Deja Vu events are what I would describe as life-changing events but on the other hand, the Deja Vu event can last over a minute and certainly seem important when they happen. I have never really been able to understand why they occur but I have had them many times, some are quite spectacular while most are quite silly and nondescript. I had two such events within the last 5 days.

PastPilot
Old 29-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Tedmil

I agree with what you said that some deja vu act as life markers and the idea of life being scripted in such a way that there is a set plan for everyone. Where I may differ is the idea we live the same life over until that set plan is completed. I had an occurrence many years ago that supports that idea. I had deja vu that was triggered by a song and then I got a glimpse of how things would be had I not met a particular person. To this day, if I listen to that song I still get a hint of the despair the glimpse showed.
Old 29-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Knower
I find your story, your words, compelling. I have read of similar incidents both telling of what life would have been had a decision not been made, or made, depending on the individual. I have never had such a vision or dream, but I have no problem accepting your story. I have had many strange things happen in my life that would indicate we are shown and prodded in certain directions in life but ultimately it comes down to our decisions that make the difference. We usually have the right to say yes or no, for better or worse effect.

I don't believe we repeat our lives, over and over again, but I can see repeating a common theme that we are struggling with, from life to life, but even then I feel it is a choice. We can, and probably will try again and again, but not necessarily each and every life till we get it right. I have memories of my last four lives and even though they are similar, there are major differences. However, regardless, it is a fascinating subject to discuss especially if it involves personal experiences.

PastPilot
Old 30-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Tedmil

Living the same life over is not a common spiritual belief. The glimpse I mentioned was not benefit, she and I were already close when it came. What it did seem to answer is why I felt so sad when I hadn't even talked with her early on and figured she quit. The glimpse showed how I didnt meet her and she quit and I felt regret. When she came back, I was amazed but still hesitated for a moment. If I did relive that life the slight hesitation may have been enough to stop me the previous time.
Old 13-06-2018, 01:35 AM
Knower
When you say, "living the same life over", is it actually reliving the exact same life, or is it just similar in that it is a different time, with different players, with the exception of the same person, trying to relive a life situation differently so you may accomplish as single aspect until you get it right?

PastPilot
Old 13-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Tedmil

It's the same life in that involves the same people and events. What changes are decisions at key moments. I suspect I'm supposed to marry the noted woman. I seemed to be aware of that even before I met her.
Old 13-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Knower
Thank you. I will have to read up on this. Many theories abound and it just means I need to read more on this subject.

PastPilot
Old 14-06-2018, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account

I have a particular sorta of Deja vu event, that I have over and over. It's feeling I have finally figured out what life all about. It passes quickly, and when its gone I feel as if I forgot what it was that I knew. But for a brief moment I was enlightened.

Quote:
We live lives that are scripted. It is only our reactions that are not necessarily known. Perhaps that is what our lives are all about.
I have come to a very similar conclusion. Our lives are scripted. We may have a small effect on our reality but I don't think it's much if any. It appears our reactions to the universe is the reason we are here. I based that idea on the way the universe works, and the way our brains work. There is a single universe we all share. Each persons brain interprets it a little differently and possibly by a different method. Giving each person their own reality.

So two different people observing any particular event, will have two different realities. Although the event will be very similar to each person. Each person will feel different, think different, and act different, about that event. The most logical reason for this, is to get the maximum amount of reaction, feelings, thoughts, ect, from any event.
Old 14-06-2018, 03:04 AM
Knower
I too have had a sort of Deja Vu event where you feel like you have tapped into, or have been given insight, into some aspect of life. Its pure knowledge or remembering something, perhaps from the spiritual realm, but only for a brief moment and then it fades away.

For years I searched through books on similar subjects to try and get an answer to what such moment are and the closest I have been able to find was described in one of Michael Newton's books (not sure which one). He wrote that occasionally, we will, quite suddenly, crossover with our minds, into the spiritual realm. Perhaps when we are asleep, or when we are daydreaming, etc., and pick up bits of information. For a brief moment our conscious mind sees, hears, and or feels what our subconscious mind is thinking, but because this information comes from the subconscious, it fades away quickly. The information cannot be held by the conscious mind. It is like trying to remember our night dreams. You remember them quite clearly when we wake up but very quickly the information slips away. Dreams are from the subconscious.

I keep getting the same Deja Vu for years now. It is always triggered when I suddenly remember a particular dream, or when I am daydreaming. Then I remember it and it makes incredible sense but then it also fades away leaving nothing. I have yet to hold any of it in my mind other than it has something to do with learning, that it is complex, and that it can be expressed as a complex chart on paper. However, that is just one incident of that Deja Vu memory. I have many others that are similar and all involve some sort of enlightenment or knowledge. I dare say it feels like common knowledge, but just not common on our Earthly plane.

It seems we are always learning at all levels even while we are here on the Earthly plane. We seem to be moving about while we are asleep, never really solely in one place but instead in several.

--

What this has meant for me is to be more observant. I now prefer to watch and ask questions. I try not to have too many preconceived ideas, and I read a lot of books on any subject that pops into my head. Sometimes I wonder why certain ideas come into our minds at suspiciously well-timed points in our lives. Are we just puppets on a string?

PastPilot
Old 15-06-2018, 12:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
For a brief moment our conscious mind sees, hears, and or feels what our subconscious mind is thinking, but because this information comes from the subconscious, it fades away quickly. The information cannot be held by the conscious mind.
Considering the subconscious handles all the vital function of the body. It can definitely have a impact on the conscious mind. But the conscious doesn't have a impact on the subconscious, or so it would seem. It's like our brains have a firewall between the two. A brief break down of that barrier would most likely provide our conscious a sizable number of answers. But once the firewall is back up. The conscious no longer has access to that information. Giving the feeling that it was forgotten. Which it would be forgotten, because the area that information is stored in is no longer accessible.
Quote:
Sometimes I wonder why certain ideas come into our minds at suspiciously well-timed points in our lives.
I think any thoughts are subject to have come from the subconscious, and are passed off as a creation of the conscious mind. You can not define where a thought comes from, it just pops into your head.
Quote:
Are we just puppets on a string?
That's a good question. And I would say there is a very good possibility we are. The subconscious could very well be in complete control. The conscious mind is along for the ride, under the illusion it's in control. I would not be surprised if the subconscious is in constant contact with what ever created us, receiving instructions and relaying what it has learned.