Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-10-2017, 05:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Hell doesn't exist ... It is a word derived by the basis of fear .
Old 26-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sky
Hell doesn't exist ... It is a word derived by the basis of fear .

I'm afraid there are far too many NDEs involving hell and hellish realms to ignore it's existence, just saying. Believing only in heaven is like believing there are only good people.
Old 27-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Guide

As long as there is negative and positive energies...there will always be heavenly, hellish, and every level in between. These levels will be created by our beliefs, feelings and thoughts.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Experiencer
Beliefs go a long way, but I do get the feeling that heaven and hell exist in the same context depending how one views their settings. One interpretation that I found fitting was Hell could be a timeout for the spirit/soul to learn. In this learning you're presented with whatever vice that needs work, and you must work this out to regain alignment. Kinda like the father that catches his son smoking and makes him smoke a whole pack in a sitting. Its up the individual to learn, and grow.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I'm afraid there are far too many NDEs involving hell and hellish realms to ignore it's existence, just saying. Believing only in heaven is like believing there are only good people.

In NDE's just as OBE's we see the experience we are vibrationally in alignment with. So people's reports of either heaven or hell realms only actually tell us what they could experience at the time - not what is possible for them were they in a higher state of frequency alignment or what our own experience will be. All of which heavily tends to indicate we make heaven or hell through our own expectations.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Experiencer
I believe that our universe is comprised of an infinite number of experiences, and any experience that can be imagined indeed exists. Take every experience possible within the infinite universe, and put them on a sliding scale from the worst of the worst to the best of the best, and everything in between. I believe that 'Hell' refers to lesser experiences. Anything from being tormented by a yappy chihuahua for a lifetime to eternally burning in a lake of fire, unable to die. I believe that the suffering that is referred to can be either physical or mental, so it can be a state of mind but it doesn't have to be.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Master
Hel is the Norse Goddess of the underworld, the name of which is also "Hel" or "Helheim".

as for as hell being a place of eternal torment. pfffft! that just spiritual terrorism designed to keep the masses too fearful to step outside the prescribed religious dogma so to keep the clergy coffers filled w/ tithes and "love donations". a carrot/stick method of keeping the poor overloaded donkey plodding along. heaven = carrot. hell = stick.

if you never heard of such a place, never had the concept presented to you as a possibility, if it wasn't so prevalent in religion and in the media, you, in your innate Love and innocence, wouldn't even begin to consider that such a place could exist.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Hel is the Norse Goddess of the underworld, the name of which is also "Hel" or "Helheim".

as for as hell being a place of eternal torment. pfffft! that just spiritual terrorism designed to keep the masses too fearful to step outside the prescribed religious dogma so to keep the clergy coffers filled w/ tithes and "love donations". a carrot/stick method of keeping the poor overloaded donkey plodding along. heaven = carrot. hell = stick.

if you never heard of such a place, never had the concept presented to you as a possibility, if it wasn't so prevalent in religion and in the media, you, in your innate Love and innocence, wouldn't even begin to consider that such a place could exist.

Not to play devil's advocate, but I think such a notion is quite one-sided. You say that in our innocence we would never be able to conceive of Hell, and yet from experience we know that very negative experiences can occur right here on Earth. Mass shootings, wars, famine, genocide, etc. I believe it is quite logical to assume that if such negativity can exist here, even if we as an individual are filled with love and bliss, then even worse experiences can exist elsewhere.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WabiSabi
Not to play devil's advocate, but I think such a notion is quite one-sided. You say that in our innocence we would never be able to conceive of Hell, and yet from experience we know that very negative experiences can occur right here on Earth. Mass shootings, wars, famine, genocide, etc. I believe it is quite logical to assume that if such negativity can exist here, even if we as an individual are filled with love and bliss, then even worse experiences can exist elsewhere.

as you wish
Old 05-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
as you wish

And with that response you have given me much to think about.