Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 24-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
How do you figure that punching someone in the face is the same as punching yourself in the face? If I punch someone in the face, they're the one that gets hurt, unless of course they hit me back.

You are right. I could return a hug to you if you punched me in the face. I don't know much. I'm just taking in stuff.
Old 24-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
How do you figure that punching someone in the face is the same as punching yourself in the face? If I punch someone in the face, they're the one that gets hurt, unless of course they hit me back.

A few quotes about anger comes to mind:
Quote:
Getting angry is punishing yourself for the mistakes of others.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:25 AM
Seeker
The only question is therefore...

...how do we turn on that light!
Old 11-06-2018, 04:12 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedPursuits
The only question is therefore...

...how do we turn on that light!

Yup! Very good question.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
The illusion of "me" is the basis of all suffering (mentally created hurt beyond physical pain via the nerves of the body). If there is a seeing through illusion of "me"...the mirage - although still apparent - no longer causes confusion and suffering.

This is very well put. The 'I','me' and 'mine' for most unawakened people are just thoughts stemming from false identifications with a lot of emotional energy invested in it. Present moment Awareness helps to bring an end to this false identification and anchors one in his or her true identity of Self or Being.

All conflicts are of a personal,emotional nature. Awareness helps depersonalise all thoughts and emotions, getting rid of the reactive or negative emotional charge necessary for fostering conflict, vicious behavior and disharmony.

The Mughal emperor Akbar had a bad habit of getting angry rapidly and issuing erroneous reactive judgements on that account,which became a source of regret and guilt for him later on. He created a new law that no order of his is valid unless it is adhered to for a substantial period of time. This enabled him to gain time to emotionally compose himself to the point of impersonal objectivity, and make necessary corrections to any harsh laws or punishments he prescribed in a fit of passion or emotional agitation.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 20-06-2018, 05:42 AM
Master

Taking an absolute position like there is no gradual awakening or you can't flit between the snake and the rope is just another intellectual position really. It indicates that you have conceptually worked out what this is all about. You have committed yourself to a position, another belief. Intermittent lightening is still lightening and flashing light bulbs are still flashing light bulbs, wouldn't you say its all illumination ? Why would you say it's not awakening ? The rope exists so that one day it will be a snake and the snake a rope.

You might say that taking a stance such as there is gradual awakening and intermittent illumination is just another position and you would be right to say so too. Yes.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge