Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 30-03-2012, 06:49 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Honza:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Femininity and Masculinity go beyond sex in my opinion. They are qualities and forces of nature. A being can be feminine or masculine whether they have genitals or not.

A straight-forward answer--this PaganPriestess does.

I worship the TripleGoddess--as recognized and as She relates to my heritage.

The beauty of Paganism is that everyone is free to decide, develop, and evolve--in their own (personal and individual) form of worship as suits their Spiritual progression and growth.

You and I are in agreement--concerning the above referenced quote.

Not only are the Divine both Feminine/Masculine/Androgynous--but the Elementals are seen as such;

Water/Earth/Shadow--are Feminine

Air/Fire/Light--are Masculine

ordinarily. However--the Elements of Balance (Shadow & Light) at the Center--are interchangeable--especially when working with Dragons (from the Nordic perspective).

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 31-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Master
Thankyou LadyTerra! Great answer, very interesting.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Wisa'ka

Again, 'Pagan' is an old generic term appled to all who do not believe in the one god, just as Heathen was used to refer to the Picts and Scots of the heath.

Goddess, multiple gods, local spirits or the sun, all who were not Christian were considered pagans. Paganism is not a single faith, but many.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:22 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Thankyou LadyTerra! Great answer, very interesting.

You are most welcome--Honza.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Tanith

I believe there is duality in all things- nature has to have balance, and whether you see that balance as masculine/feminine or light/shadow or left/right there is balance in everything.

Personally I believe the earth was created without the help of divine intervention; but the earth is alive, there is no denying that and therefore the Mother Earth or Gaia was born, who in turn gave life to humans, who in turn gave life (or at least names) to the other gods. This does not stop me from honoring and worshipping these gods (I have many deities I am devoted to).

Above all else though I honor the duality of things, and I seek this duality through the Lord and Lady in their umbrella aspects, just as paganism is an umbrella term :)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:07 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanith
I believe there is duality in all things- nature has to have balance, and whether you see that balance as masculine/feminine or light/shadow or left/right there is balance in everything.

Personally I believe the earth was created without the help of divine intervention; but the earth is alive, there is no denying that and therefore the Mother Earth or Gaia was born, who in turn gave life to humans, who in turn gave life (or at least names) to the other gods. This does not stop me from honoring and worshipping these gods (I have many deities I am devoted to).

Above all else though I honor the duality of things, and I seek this duality through the Lord and Lady in their umbrella aspects, just as paganism is an umbrella term :)

I enjoyed this post (very much).

You are a person who knows how to form your own opinions and think for yourself--Tanith--thanks for sharing your views!

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
sesheta

Interesting thread :)

I believe that everything does have a distinctly "male" or "female" energy about it - whether it's an animal, or even a tree!
However, I think worshipping the "Goddess/God" is not necessarily about worshipping a single, particular "person" or being - it's more about connecting to the feminine and masculine energies of everything around us. But again, when it comes to "Paganism", everyone's path is slightly different, so it all depends on how you choose to practise :)
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Interesting thread :)

I believe that everything does have a distinctly "male" or "female" energy about it - whether it's an animal, or even a tree!
However, I think worshipping the "Goddess/God" is not necessarily about worshipping a single, particular "person" or being - it's more about connecting to the feminine and masculine energies of everything around us. But again, when it comes to "Paganism", everyone's path is slightly different, so it all depends on how you choose to practise :)

Being an animist who is considered a pagan, I have to ask - What about the rocks, mountains, mist, waters and whatever is swirling around in the air. Can we be sure everything is of a feminine or masculine energy ? I would a lot of it is neither.

Goddess, Gods, spirits and those who anthropomorphize them into familiar forms.