Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
ljepotica

Clearing Karmic debts?

Hello all

I was wondering about clearing karmic debts and bad karma from your past and I wonder how you go about doing this?

I have done some things that were not good to other people and have realised that I have done wrong and now I want to make up for what I have done.
The only thing I have done is "ask" the people for forgiveness-not face to face but sort of when I'm talking to my angels or spirit guides-I tell them that I'm really sorry for what I did and that I do feel bad and this is as far as I get...

I would just like to know does what I do have any relevance in clearing things I've done in the past as I feel that maybe my way of srting out events from the past might not be effective. When I talk about the past I mean the past in this life.
Sometimes when I get upset I think that I'm not responsible for anybody else's faults or mistakes (as in family in the past and past lives) but then I wonder if whether I am.

I was wondering how to find out about past lives?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you all.

Take care and lots of love,

S xxxx
Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Maranda

The karmic debt is something you owe to yourself no one else. Be good and kind to yourself and others and this will make you stronger.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
kundalini

Hi LJ,

Well, for past-life work, I recommend working with the Unakite crystal.

Other than that, here are some of my thoughts on the subject of 'bad' karma.

I believe that perhaps every once in a while and especially more so in this day and age when esoteric knowledge is so widely available, people begin to think on the idea of Karma and more often than not, 'bad' karma. This, for one, shows a tendency to think on the negative side of things.

Apart from that though, I feel that a lot of people (especially spiritual aspirants) will go through a stage where they begin to wonder about how much 'bad' karma they have accrued. They will then begin to ask for forgiveness etc. for their perceived slights to other people. This is good for it is a great release mechanism of negative energies.

Eventually however, it may dawn on such a spiritual aspirant that 1) Everything is already perfect and going to plan in the great universal scheme of things and that 2) Those people who you insulted or did wrong towards also had accrued a form of 'bad' karma in order for whatever your perceived wrongdoing towards them to happen. It is then that the person TRULY realises this and feels it to be their truth now, that they see there is no longer any need for them to think on the past except to see where they could have done things differently in order to do so in the future if faced with similar situations.

It would be then that the spiritual aspirant would realise that the existence of karma is TRUTH and also that the non-existence of karma is also TRUTH. Do you understand what I mean ljepotica?

K.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
OceanWaves19161

I dunno if I'm going against the grain but I actually dont believe in karmic debts from past lives or the one your currently living. I just cannot believe that you would have to pay off debts that others may have caused etc...we are all responsible for our own lives. I also figure that if your learning from hurting people which you do and people are learning from being hurt then there is no real need for karma because in the end your actions are beneficial for both of you. Hope this makes sense!
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Exhileration

Maranda I really like your response, and agree. The debt is illusionary, as there is nothing in this universe that is "bad" or "wrong". The debt you owe yourself is the realization that you have not done anything that requires you to continue to hold it against yourself.

Let it go.

Your mind is the creator of your reality, so let your mind conceive of a way to deconstruct anything you see as debt in your life. Be it a meditation, or a visualization, or a ritual of some kind... just do what is in your heart.

There is no debt, there is only guilt which is born of a sense of unworthiness.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM
ljepotica

Thank you guys for your responses,

They certainly made sense.

To be honest I just wanted to know what other people's opinions were on this before coming up with my conclusions.

Basically I think about this-but have thought about it for a long time and I basically think that I am only responsible for my actions and myself and nobody else-and well that includes what I might have done in a past life. Now that might not be seen in such a good light but I really have long had the opinion that I am myself and I take the actions that I do and I really don't believe in asking for forgiveness for the mistakes that others make and I don't support the idea at all of having some kind of responsibility for the actions of my family or relatives or friends-well as long as I didn't set out to influence them or made them do something not good.

If I have done something bad in this life then I ask for forgiveness and rather than deny-accept that I have done bad and then release it and ask for forgiveness-that is the way things should be according to my ideas, opinions and beliefs.

There are many forms of negativity that corrupt our lives and at all levels and ideas like you're responsible for the actions of others or for what you did 200 years ago seems to me like another form of negativity coming into your life and polluting it...sorry if I offend someone with what I've just said.

Thank you again for your replies-they all make a lot of sense:)

Take care and lots of love,

S xxx
Old 07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Exhileration

I think the moment of acknowledgement is the healer. The second you realize that you've done/said/thought something that is out of alignment with your truth (within your heart) then you clear the energy. That is a true act of contrition.

Corruption is a perceptual component, in that what you see as corruption in your life, I may see as an opportunity to see deeper within my own fear.

Peace
Old 24-04-2007, 03:06 AM
satchitananda

I have heard that Grace can Supersede Karma. In short,we are here to learn and grow,not to suffer. (?)
Closed Thread