Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thanks for the reference and I should read that book. The existential dilemma being, of course, sure I could go and meditate more, do more yoga etc instead, but who is that benefiting other than myself?
I see it that whatever work we do on the inside is shared in some way with everyone. So my answer would be that your inner work benefits everyone. No matter where you go there we are :)
Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Master
Hello,

"Spirituality" can become like anything else, only so much "academics" can be absorbed. If not applied to life, then what good is it?

Being on a forum for a while and if one has been into it for a while, years for some, can understand where it can get a bit of the same old same old.

Sometimes, just enjoy a simple exchange or expressing my thoughts and take it from there.

If found boring or not useful at the moment, take a break. No rush. At times the best "spiritual" moments is when I'm not thinking about it and just kicking back and enjoying the moment.

Like those times just shooting the breeze with a friend or sharing a laugh.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:

Then, the Hindu section is dead...the Yoga section is dead...Meditation section sees only 2-3 posts a week...Paranormal section is dead...even Spirituality & Spiritual Development only sees a few new threads a week, when I post on them nine times out of ten they die.

What are you personally exploring now in the areas that you identified ?

I've noticed that I tend to spend more and more time in the silence now but, when something commands my attention, the energies flow quite spontaneously.

More often than not, instead of talking, I "just do it" and investigate as all seems to be revealed in that manner....at least for me.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What are you personally exploring now in the areas that you identified ?

I've noticed that I tend to spend more and more time in the silence now but, when something commands my attention, the energies flow quite spontaneously.

More often than not, instead of talking, I "just do it" and investigate as all seems to be revealed in that manner....at least for me.
If I reach deep inside me to answer that, I guess I've been looking for another to share the love of Shiva I feel in my heart.

Maybe somebody who actually knows what I am talking about to be able to converse with me when I go on deeply about Hindu philosophy. I even tried this in the non-duality forum the other day, talking about the qualified monism of Ramanuja compared to Abhinavagupta, but it seemed the audience either walked out or fell asleep in the process.

I grow tired of having to 'dumb things down' so others can understand it and I require mental stimulation to be at my best and nobody really stimulates me enough mentally on here.

Yeah, I thought about a week ago that this is happening because it is a 'call to silence' to go beyond the mind. Problem is, if I go 'beyond the mind' I fear I will also go 'beyond SF', but your words are full of wisdom and I am glad to see you back.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Master
Here we go, I just received the perfect example of what I am talking about:

Read the last three posts:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=1#post1607688

I am just way too knowledgeable for this forum, it seems. *sigh*
Old 02-07-2017, 02:12 AM
Master
It's like going fishing, my dear.

Some go fishing because they find the whole experience relaxing, while others go fishing to catch fish and get frustrated when they do not.

It's also hard to tell whether fish are on the bite when you keep checking your hook every so often to see if the bait has washed off, only to find it is still there.

Patience is your life lesson this time around. Often, you will see a fisherman leave their line in the water for a few hours before deciding the fish are not biting, others will leave their line in the water for ten minutes before deciding so.

Yes, you are very unique on here and nobody can really reply to you currently, but that's not to say that one with a similar mind or heart as yours will join SF tomorrow, next week, next year or in ten years and then the onus falls back on you...how long are you prepared to wait for it to happen, if you are prepared to wait at all.

You've had the same problems ever since you joined and every so often they surface, probably telling you that which you already know but refuse to admit deep down, that SF may not be for you at all and you can't make something 'for you' if it is not, no matter how much you try...no matter how many threads you make or threads you kill.

If you feel you have 'outgrown' SF, do something, not just whinge about it.

Edit: You also still need to learn which fish to keep and which you throw straight back in the water to 'grow bigger'. That's what I would have done with that conversation about Tantra. You may throw a million fish back, but give it time and they will grow to a point where you can eat them without choking on their bones.

I love you so much!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Master
[quote=Alex-The-Iceman]When I first had my spiritual awakening, I would talk about spirituality a lot. These ideas and experiences were all so new, I wanted to talk about it all the time.

However, as I have grown on my journey, I find myself getting tired of having "spiritual conversations" all the time. I want to just talk about whatever comes up naturally in conversation, whether it is joking and lighthearted, or more introspective.

I feel a desire to absorb the beauty of people enjoying connecting with each other, not constant "nature of the universe" conversation - I feel there's a time and place.

I know a girl who is newly awakening, and every time I see her we talk about spirituality the majority of the time. I enjoy it, but I find myself reaching a point where I start thinking "ok, can we talk about something else now?". It's actually making me start to think: "maybe having a very spiritual partner isn't for me"...

i understand, i am very simple person and not big on using big fancy words. From time to time i do have a question or maybe even an answer. As far as watching people connect, you ever go to a laundromat, or a large store just to watch people and try and figure out what there thinking? That can be quite an experience in itself.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Master
I messsed up the qoute, hopefully you can figure out the ice man ended and where i started.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman

However, as I have grown on my journey, I find myself getting tired of having "spiritual conversations" all the time. I want to just talk about whatever comes up naturally in conversation, whether it is joking and lighthearted, or more introspective.

Then...do just that. It's up to you.

Quote:
I know a girl who is newly awakening, and every time I see her we talk about spirituality the majority of the time. I enjoy it, but I find myself reaching a point where I start thinking "ok, can we talk about something else now?". It's actually making me start to think: "maybe having a very spiritual partner isn't for me"...

Has anyone else experienced this?

What's wrong with a bit of patience? You went through it. Now you've encountered someone else going through it. Perhaps you could steer the conversations toward something more in your line of interest. Or just be bored until she sees how her new-found spirituality fits into her life and acts it whereon the talking may stop. If it doesn't, you know what you have to do.

I was probably the same and now rarely talk about spiritual stuff - here, maybe but even here I'm more feet-on-the-ground than trying to engage with the latest constructs and jargon, the 5Ds, LoA, diluted Hinduism, ascensions and stuff which - each to their own, fine - but while we're alive we have to live on this material world and need to get through while doing our best to stick to our principles.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:
If I reach deep inside me to answer that, I guess I've been looking for another to share the love of Shiva I feel in my heart.

Maybe somebody who actually knows what I am talking about to be able to converse with me when I go on deeply about Hindu philosophy. I even tried this in the non-duality forum the other day, talking about the qualified monism of Ramanuja compared to Abhinavagupta, but it seemed the audience either walked out or fell asleep in the process.

I grow tired of having to 'dumb things down' so others can understand it and I require mental stimulation to be at my best and nobody really stimulates me enough mentally on here.

Yeah, I thought about a week ago that this is happening because it is a 'call to silence' to go beyond the mind. Problem is, if I go 'beyond the mind' I fear I will also go 'beyond SF', but your words are full of wisdom and I am glad to see you back.

Have you ever practiced "conscious sleep", which is consistent with the Mandukya Upanishad? Shankara said that, if one mastered this Upanishad alone, one would understand. It seems incongruous that people would spend so much time theorizing when , in order to know yourself, it would seem important to first "Know Yourself" during deep sleep, dream formation, and the so-called waking state before going beyond it. Of course, this requires that one be initially able to abide continuously in the stillness of deep sleep while sustaining awareness.

I've practiced this for years with mantra being the gateway to the stillness. It would seem that, once one masters this, one attunes to that which lies beyond and gets the direct experience of non-duality though not necessarily of "oneness". There does seem to be a distinct difference between non-duality/interconnectedness, which can be realized directly, and "oneness".

What is your reaction to this?