Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 17-06-2017, 12:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Talking Dragonflies saying hello to me

Hi everyone. I've noticed that I seem to have a very special relationship with dragonflies. I have read that their lifespans range between a few days to a few months, which isn't very long at all, so it almost feels like a sort of honor to have one take the time to hover in front of me to say hello before flying away. I noticed that when I look at them and follow their movements, they will fly back towards me and around me.

Twice now I've had a blue dragonfly remain near me and keep me company for over an hour. Another time, and I will never forget this: a beautiful, shiny gold dragonfly the size of a hummingbird shot right towards me and hovered a foot away from my face, before circling around my head and flying away. It was the most beautiful thing in nature that I have seen in a while. And this past week there have been three instances where a large red dragonfly flew around and in front of me. It's as if they notice that I notice them and are saying hello!

I don't know how else to explain it other than... they're my friends! You see, they will fly away, but they come back, coming very, very close to me, just hovering. Each time a red one came, I have experienced good luck in my life.

Does anyone have any insight into this phenomenon or their own experiences with dragonflies? Do different colored dragonflies mean different things? I have heard that dragonflies are sometimes considered faeries in disguise, and I have read elsewhere that they are animal totems (animals that show themselves to you so that you can learn and adapt they're qualities).

Thoughts?
Old 17-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Experiencer

Yes I can relate to all of this. I have always appreciated the magical quality when dragonflies are wandering about nearby. Every memory I have about them is joyful and those memories are a gift. Being around them feels like fortune smiling on me and I go right into the moment. I like to extend by hand out so that they will land on my hand or arm. And then I just notice the patterns in their wings and watch their movements they are so interesting. Happy times. Thanks for sharing.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Master

that is funny because the day before yesterday a dragonfly flew in my car window and hit me in the neck. Then it took up residence in the back of my car. I left the windows open overnite so it could get out but it was too busy trying to get through the glass of my back window to notice... so the next day after driving to work I went to some effort to shoe it out the door. It was hard, the dragonfly really did NOT want to be herded back to the outdoors as it wanted to stay where it could see daylight, but I didn't want to jsut let it sit there trying to get through the back window all day, it would have gotten very hot! And I couldn't leave the windows open as it looked like rain! But I was wondering, where I shoed it out was a long way from where it originally flew in, do insects get home sick when they are carried long distances? Or do they just adapt to their new location?
Old 17-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinxForgotten
Hi everyone. I've noticed that I seem to have a very special relationship with dragonflies. I have read that their lifespans range between a few days to a few months, which isn't very long at all, so it almost feels like a sort of honor to have one take the time to hover in front of me to say hello before flying away. I noticed that when I look at them and follow their movements, they will fly back towards me and around me.

Twice now I've had a blue dragonfly remain near me and keep me company for over an hour. Another time, and I will never forget this: a beautiful, shiny gold dragonfly the size of a hummingbird shot right towards me and hovered a foot away from my face, before circling around my head and flying away. It was the most beautiful thing in nature that I have seen in a while. And this past week there have been three instances where a large red dragonfly flew around and in front of me. It's as if they notice that I notice them and are saying hello!

I don't know how else to explain it other than... they're my friends! You see, they will fly away, but they come back, coming very, very close to me, just hovering. Each time a red one came, I have experienced good luck in my life.

Does anyone have any insight into this phenomenon or their own experiences with dragonflies? Do different colored dragonflies mean different things? I have heard that dragonflies are sometimes considered faeries in disguise, and I have read elsewhere that they are animal totems (animals that show themselves to you so that you can learn and adapt they're qualities).

Thoughts?

It sounds like dragonflies are your totem animal.
Old 18-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Deactivated Account
I don't think dragonflies are fairies in disguise, and I also don't think dragonflies and other insects are capable of having feelings to people, so they may be attracted to your scent or something like that (not a dragonfly expert).

But I do envy you though, it seems as if I attract spiders for some reason even though I don't like them. So I wouldn't mind trading with you.
Old 18-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Guide
Here is the link for the meaning of a dragonfly power animal, you may find interesting.

http://www.spiritanimal.info/dragonfly-spirit-animal/
Old 18-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Master
I had one land on my hand, which made me jump

Perhaps check out this link :)
Old 20-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Knower

I have the same thing with hummingbirds and now for some reason, butterflies. I do believe it's very possible. I have been shown the infinity symbol many times. The universe was basically telling me that our existence is infinite. The possibilities and outcomes of this world are infinite. It all depends on the choices we make. So basically, there are an infinite amount of possibilities. This world is so much more complex than we think. You attach yourself to one outcome, but come on man! The universe can think outside the box with a variety of outcomes you never knew possible! It's so amazing how that works.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Guide
Talk about sync! I was just about to make a dragonfly apprecian thread in the nature section but then i saw this. They are the coolest 'insect' right?
Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Experiencer
Its interesting that you mention that about dragonflys, you reminded me of when I was younger we lived near wetlands. There were a lot of dragonflys that lived in that area. I'd sit outside in the sun sometimes for over an hour and they'd always be interested in me and often land on me and use me as a point to sit on and watch for bugs. I don't know why they thought I'd make a good sitting stool to watch for bugs from lol. Fortunately they didn't come back with their meal. lol

It sounds like theres a reason they are interested in you. A mutual interest perhaps? I feel the same way about Praying Mantises. Every summer they appear in my back yard and if they don't it feels like something is wrong. I watch them, feel like life is complete knowing they are here. One year I saw none. I went to my meditation class and one landed on my head outside the class (they are a symbol for stillness)-it almost ended up in the road. I took him home. Another year I was meditating in my room and looked out and right outside my window sat one. Theres always a reason I think.