Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 16-06-2017, 07:22 AM
Knower
Shifting Attention To Positive Thoughts

Today at work there was a point where I felt negative energy coming on but I said something about being positive, and it made me feel better because I realized that was the energy that I wanted to carry and give off to other people. I realized that if I can make other people feel at ease or positive, then it will also have an effect on me, since we all affect each other. Our thoughts are unseen but always are expressed in how we are.

If you ever encounter a person who is giving off "negative vibes", try a different approach and shock them with positivity. It will make you feel good and it will probably settle the atmosphere.

We can feel how we want to feel, as individuals. So many times, people are unconsciously affected by the energy of others and don't have a say for how they want to feel. We can choose how we want to feel. It takes some practice but it is definitely possible to have a mind of your own.
Old 16-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Experiencer
I agree but I don't think that this way is always the best to take. Because underneath there may be emotions that need to be adressed and should not be overrun by something positive.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 16-06-2017, 08:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
I agree but I don't think that this way is always the best to take. Because underneath there may be emotions that need to be adressed and should not be overrun by something positive.

I think it's about learning how to become emotionally stable. The more you are able to influence how you feel, negative past emotions will become weakened. Can we not let go of these "emotions that need to be addressed" ? Why hold onto these things that only make us weak. Why not create something other than suffering? What if we evolve into who we're supposed to be by forgetting the past?

Law of attraction is real
Old 16-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I think it's about learning how to become emotionally stable. The more you are able to influence how you feel, negative past emotions will become weakened. Can we not let go of these "emotions that need to be addressed" ? Why hold onto these things that only make us weak. Why not create something other than suffering? What if we evolve into who we're supposed to be by forgetting the past?

The esoteric path is called the middle path. It essentially teaches one thing, requires one activity of the spiritual student: control of one's thoughts and emotional life -- never too high or low; middle path -- as the way to wisdom, understanding and self-realization. One example is the Buddhist eight-fold path: right thought, speech, conduct, etc.

Holding onto that which makes us weak -- creating a suffering mentality for one's self -- is a karmic thing. Only when the soul is ready and awakened, can it transform that mentality into a positive understanding and outlook. That's part of the journey, learning that. Earth is a school, and people (souls) are all at various stages of their self-education.
Old 16-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Lorelyen

Ah well... if LoA is indeed a law it will guarantee outcomes within defined limits. Does it?

Emotional stability? To me it's about balance. There's a path between the qualities of Venus and those of Mercury. They have their "temples" spaces or however you like to describe them. Traversing that path will eventually lead to balance between intellect/intelligence and emotion assuming one's largely dealt with delusion. As you say, past emotions fade into obscurity in the end, the question is over how long and have people the will to let them.

Evaluating one's experiences lets one move forward. It doesn't mean new and overwhelming emotions won't be encountered but at least with balance they can be encapsulated and hopefully dealt with!

Old 20-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless

When it works for you thats fine. But I found out that in some aspects of life you can't just pull positive thoughts over negative and feel all right.
Like you will never really believe and feel deep down that you are (for exapmle) loved when your brain screams at the same time that you are NOT.
Negative emotions and experiences from the past shape your thoughts, feelings and experiences in the future.

Of course Loa is real but what you attract is also based on subtle things you cannot contole completely by your thoughts.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 20-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
When it works for you thats fine. But I found out that in some aspects of life you can't just pull positive thoughts over negative and feel all right.
Like you will never really believe and feel deep down that you are (for exapmle) loved when your brain screams at the same time that you are NOT.
Negative emotions and experiences from the past shape your thoughts, feelings and experiences in the future.
He is offering his advice from the perspective of someone who is not bound by negative emotions and experiences from the past and/or as someone who as processed all that and moved thought it. Whereas you are addressing the topic from the perspective of someone who is currently engaged in that processing. Those are really two different topics altogether.

His messages consist of basic holistic advice for people who wish to/are capable of offering positive energy to the world:
-If you encounter a person who is giving off negative vibes, shock them with your positive vibes.
-People are unconsciously affected by the energy of others. We can though consciously choose how we react and feel.
-We can make other people feel positive and at ease, which will also have a positive effect on us.
Old 20-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Quote:
...believe and feel deep down ...

Of course Loa is real but what you attract is also based on subtle things
you cannot control completely by your thoughts.
YES! I say this all the time ...it is your core beliefs that matter!
Positive thoughts are a good exercise in re-programming the tapes we
believe inside...it takes work, not just saying, "I am smart enough, I am good enough and doggone it people like me" over and over.

There is an 'undoing' of the untrue beliefs we have deep down...positive thoughts help, that's all....
better then the negative, pessimistic ones for sure.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
YES! I say this all the time ...it is your core beliefs that matter!
Positive thoughts are a good exercise in re-programming the tapes we
believe inside...it takes work, not just saying, "I am smart enough, I am good enough and doggone it people like me" over and over.

There is an 'undoing' of the untrue beliefs we have deep down...positive thoughts help, that's all....
better then the negative, pessimistic ones for sure.

Oh, that's a beauty, Miss H.

And plus, this thread is a nice synchronicity for what I'm finding myself 'working on' - So yes, undoing of the untrue beliefs we have deep down is right on target. It's awesome to come to the realization it's NOT just this (LOA for example) and it's not just that (black n white rights and wrongs) in life. It's stunning for me right now, to see the bigger picture.

Old 21-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver

And plus, this thread is a nice synchronicity for what I'm finding myself 'working on' -
So yes, undoing of the untrue beliefs we have deep down is right on target. It's awesome to come to the realization it's NOT just this (LOA for example) and it's not just that (black n white rights and wrongs) in life. It's stunning for me right now, to see the bigger picture.
Now...how does one 'undo' the unproductive and untrue programming
that has been put into our heads?
And it is not just personal, as in ...'You will never amount to anything."
It is impersonal...global...subliminal, ''You will never reach bliss,
Heaven, the Kingdom of Heaven on this Earth..it is only for the yogis and mystics...not for YOU!'

See, the paper chains placed on us without us even being aware ?!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru