Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 05-06-2017, 03:56 AM
Master

Sustainability Information Sharing Emporium

Hello. I've been thinking quite a bit about my own spiritual connection to both Nature and the universe and as I become more content and connected to my spiritual side I become more passionate about living harmoniously with the laws of nature and the universe

I believe that I can assist to solve some of my local and social problems by adopting a more environmental focus. Creativity also plays a huge role in it as well - both being creative and nurturing others creativity as well.

Which brings me here right now, deciding that it was time I created a fun and safe sharing space in my favourite online community... to share ideas and discuss such matters.

I am finding the more that I emerge into inter-connectiveness the more easily I begin to flow with this new tide of being.
I make one small change at a time according to my readiness for such change in order to avoid overwhelm.
I have anxiety issues too so I only take on what I can.

When I have sufficiently formed a positive new habit I then approach the next challange.

I am currently divising ways to cut down on my use of single use plastic. I have always taken reusable shopping bags to the store but recently started taking reusable fresh produce bags as well.
I already compost and I am researching kitchen worm farms now too.

I've also been asking around at local bakeries if I could BYO my own reusable bread bags or containers to transport my bread from the shop. This will provide a local bakery with extra support as well... and be one less thing I will go to a big store for so win - win.

I rent but I am thinking of divising planter box system and growing a passionfruit vine over the front fence to share with the neighbours.

I started out at first... by taking my own shopping bags to the grocery store and that is all I could manage for many years... but recently I got a wave of energy to try a few more things as well.
My eventual plan is to join or co-create food co-op and resources sharing centre and extend my 'community garden' by growing more produce on my own balcony and sharing with friends and family... and neighbors once my confidence outside my immediate social circle grows.

One thing I have learnt is to keep records of all the local organisations which support my desire to live more sustainibly... these resources may one day help others like me

And so... I will kick this little space off and see what becomes of it (if anything I have just planted a little seed).

I hope that it can be a fun space which encourages creativity and connection.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Master

I use produce bags similar to this:

https://www.onyalife.com/product/reu...uce-bag-8pack/

Mine are made out of recycled plastic bottles which forms a web like material. The material is very strong as the fiber is strong. I am not sure how one should recycle such bags though once their life has eventually reached it's end. I will have to do some further research on that one.

The bags are very light and see through which I liked because the cashier/grocery store attendant can see what is in the bag without having to open it up.

They are very strong and easy to clean.

The only downside is that the stitching really could be stronger around the hem. I have used my bags for many weeks now though and exceeded the weight recommendation and they have held up fine though.
I transfer my produce into produce containers and pop into my fridge when I get home.

My cashier was very impressed with them last time I took them into the store... so my small action made a small impact

Feels great!
Old 05-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Master

One of my main large grocery stores takes any 'soft' plastics as well. I have been saving all my bread bags, chip packets, pet food bags and similar to recycle them at the store. They also receive more business from me now due to the convenience of being able to do my grocery shopping and recycling at the same time.

I watched a show on TV where a man put a GPS tracking device on his soft plastics to see if they actually got recycled and they did... so that instilled further confidence in me as their customer.

I am pairing this up now with my reduction of soft plastic consumption and composting. My weekly bin is lucky to see one full medium sized garbage a week bag now days. Down from a 3/4 full bin!

Feels great HAHA
Old 05-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Master

HAPPY WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY!

It looks like I started this thread on the perfect day!

Old 05-06-2017, 06:54 AM
Master
happy world environment day
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/05/world-...lanet-6639355/