Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-12-2014, 08:34 PM
crestfallen

OMG! It feels too good to quit!?

When I am meditating, so much of my stress, anxiety, and other negative feelings melt away during my sessions and it feels so good. I first gave myself 3 minutes to start with meditation, then 5 minutes, and now have graduated to 10 minutes after 3-4 weeks of trying this. I LOVE how I feel during meditation, but I hate it when my alarm goes off! It's almost like I just want to close my eyes and meditate forever. It's almost like having the best deep sleep after a life of living day to day with stress, anxiety, and horrible memories. I feel so peaceful after a session.

Is this normal? I wish I could meditate and never have to 'wake up' from it.
Old 22-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Master
It sure is normal :)

Congrats on starting your journey. Try for 20 minutes twice a day and watch how your day just gets better and better.
Old 22-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Ascender

hi perhaps you should focus on where you build up these stress and other unwanted feelings , its what you do and people interacting isn't it and you have to do that and be there , yes that's complicated perhaps you can change in to a way that works better if you subtlety pay attention where it starts and builds up
and find a way that works better after some time
Old 22-12-2014, 08:55 PM
crestfallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It sure is normal :)

Congrats on starting your journey. Try for 20 minutes twice a day and watch how your day just gets better and better.

I'm almost afraid that I will refuse to wake up. Nah I'm kidding, but it feels unbelievably good. I can't believe I have not tried this sooner. I feel much more peaceful and centered!

I will try your plan for this week and see how it works. I don't even feel stressed at work anymore, which is like day and night compared to years ago when I felt all the stress mounted on my back during work and school hours. Amazing!
Old 22-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Deactivated Account

The meditative state is not the dream.. it's the reality.

A good goal once you get into it more is to try and bring that state over into waking life. This is what they call mindfulness.
Old 22-12-2014, 11:29 PM
KevinO

Don't worry, it will change. This place is a motion machine and will upset anyone's apple cart soon enough. Enjoy it while you have it, and follow your inclination.
Old 23-12-2014, 02:07 AM
crestfallen

angelwing33 - Hey, thank you so much for replying! Are you saying that I should seek what is it that stresses me out and face them during meditation? :)

ScarlettHayden - I got into meditation because I read about it in Buddhism and also because I was in therapy for depression/PTSD. My therapist told me to buy this workbook about Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and meditation/mindfulness was the mantra there. I felt SO MUCH better and healed myself from the inside out after that amazing book, and now I keep meditating for emotional distress and mindfulness purposes.

I will keep up the good work and hope to bring that juicy feeling while I'm awake and out doing things. It would be so nice to have that dazey feeling 24/7!

KevinO - Ha ha, I'm sorry but I do not understand your post. Why are people upset? :(
Old 23-12-2014, 02:46 AM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestfallen
angelwing33 - Hey, thank you so much for replying! Are you saying that I should seek what is it that stresses me out and face them during meditation? :)

ScarlettHayden - I got into meditation because I read about it in Buddhism and also because I was in therapy for depression/PTSD. My therapist told me to buy this workbook about Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and meditation/mindfulness was the mantra there. I felt SO MUCH better and healed myself from the inside out after that amazing book, and now I keep meditating for emotional distress and mindfulness purposes.

I will keep up the good work and hope to bring that juicy feeling while I'm awake and out doing things. It would be so nice to have that dazey feeling 24/7!

KevinO - Ha ha, I'm sorry but I do not understand your post. Why are people upset? :(

Sorry, I used an archaic reference. I am old enough to do so, and I guess not old enough not to do so.
Upset in that sense means to spill over, as in someone selling apples from a cart and the cart falls over, spilling the apples onto the ground. It was meant as a metaphor for existence that things change, the universe is set up to change, which is a reason meditation works. It stops or slows that change.
But eventually, the size of the machine will take over and make things different for you and all of us.
Thank you for your patience.
Old 23-12-2014, 03:05 AM
crestfallen

KevinO - I think meditation works because it cleanses all the negative vibes inside of you. Most people have these negative vibes, and some have way more than others. I have always seen that the people who are the most negative, who are always complaining and always feel upset over everything, are the ones who suffer a lot of illnesses, both physical and mental. I know this because I used to be like that. With meditation, however, I have learned to let go of emotions and thoughts that do not serve me, and my health is slowly increasing each time I do it.

Life is a big ball of change, but I'm ready to hit it with my bat thanks to meditation!
Old 23-12-2014, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestfallen
When I am meditating, so much of my
stress, anxiety, and other negative feelings melt away .
I feel so peaceful after a session.
Congratulations.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru