Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

the biggest challenge for humanity today

I watched a good two year old interview with Andy Tomlinson (starts ~33:23). At that point he talks about the most important things he learned during the "life between lives" regressions he conducted. One question he asked a council of elders, through his subject, was "what is the biggest challenge for humanity today?". The answer he received was none of those he expected (pollution, etc.). It was: "the delay in people waking up to who they really are".

That answer is also a good example of the difference between the perspective of an earthling vs. that of an eternal soul.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Master

I believe there are mostly young souls inhabiting Earth on the physical plane with mature and old souls peppered in here and there. So yeah, I can see where that answer comes from. But as I look back I can see humanity has come a long ways from where it was in, say the 40's and 50's. More open-mindedness even among the young souls.

But all of it will happen as it is supposed to happen. In the time it is supposed to happen. To hurry young souls into maturing before they are ready is not a good idea. Besides, they are enjoying their young soul incarnations. What's wrong with that?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
One question he asked a council of elders, through his subject, was "what is the biggest challenge for humanity today?". The answer he received was none of those he expected (pollution, etc.). It was: "the delay in people waking up to who they really are".
And this is the teachers, gurus, spiritual and psychology leaders fault.
They fail to portray the spiritual and personal growth journey as exciting and most beneficial in ordinary life.
What do they give us instead? Years of practice with maybe, just maybe, if you are lucky, a great outcome.
They prefer to work within old paradigms instead of working for a real spiritual and mental revolution.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
They fail to portray the spiritual and personal growth journey as exciting and most beneficial in ordinary life.
What do they give us instead? Years of practice with maybe, just maybe, if you are lucky, a great outcome.
They prefer to work within old paradigms instead of working for a real spiritual and mental revolution.

"Yeah, those mean spiritual leaders!"
Old 07-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
I think that the quote refers more to the leap in self knowledge the humanity as whole delays to make, not only that each individual doesn't self-realize faster.

Reasons may be multiple, but I don't think that we need better or more cheerleaders. It doesn't work in politics, it doesn't work in anything that matters, because sooner or later the truth of the matter prevails: words not backed by substance are ineffective, and quite often are damaging.

A possibility for this whole delay is that, with the population growth explosion, the center of mass of the incarnated souls shifted too much toward inexperience. Justifiably, those souls don't know much (yet), and don't know that they don't know, a.k.a. foolishness. Hence "the delay in people waking up to who they really are": both for humanity as whole, and for each individual soul in his quest.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:39 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
"Yeah, those mean spiritual leaders!"
Maybe they are not mean, just ignorant about the modern world.
Maybe they have forgotten that the 10 Bull story ends with 'Return to Society'.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I watched a good two year old interview with Andy Tomlinson (starts ~33:23). At that point he talks about the most important things he learned during the "life between lives" regressions he conducted. One question he asked a council of elders, through his subject, was "what is the biggest challenge for humanity today?". The answer he received was none of those he expected (pollution, etc.). It was: "the delay in people waking up to who they really are".

That answer is also a good example of the difference between the perspective of an earthling vs. that of an eternal soul.
What came into my mind in this regard is the fact that newborns (many or most of them at least) don't begin to breathe on their own until given a painful slap on the **** - pain => crying => breathing.

Also, these verse in the Gita: "The righteous who worship Me are grouped by stages: first, they who suffer, next they who desire knowledge, then they who thirst after truth, and lastly they who attain wisdom.
Of all of these, he who has gained wisdom, who meditates on Me without ceasing, devoting himself only to Me, he is the best; for by the wise man I am exceedingly beloved and the wise man, too, is beloved by Me.
Noble-minded are they all, but the wise man I hold as my own Self; for he, remaining always at peace with Me, makes me his final goal.
After many lives, at last the wise man realises Me as I am. A man so enlightened that he sees God everywhere is very difficult to find."

It therefore occurs to me that believing that they can somehow 'escape' "suffering" the experience of "pain" and breathing on their own may be the main reason why people continue to shirk personal response-ability in relation to their and others' lives and seek 'delusional' heavens/havens.

What we therefore have are a kazillion sweet-loving kids following the candy-promising 'tunes' of a bunch of greedy-for-followers pied-pipers, methinks.

Believe it or not: As 'bad' as things presently are in this regard, the amount of "pain" people have experienced so far is 'minor' compared to the PAIN! that is necessary to wake them up to the REALITY of Being as they in conjunction with others REALLY are.

Methinks the REALLY 'sensitive' (and so honestly sense-itive? "smile: ) minority is in the vanguard in the above regard.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
What came into my mind in this regard is the fact that newborns (many or most of them at least) don't begin to breathe on their own until given a painful slap on the **** - pain => crying => breathing.
A myth. My wife, who is a midwife, says to gently blow air onto a baby's back is enough to get the breath going.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
A myth. My wife, who is a midwife, says to gently blow air onto a baby's back is enough to get the breath going.
Both ways are 'practiced' in Western cultures nowadays - the midwife route is chosen by a minority of relatively awakened/aware parents, I think.

The 'myth', as you deem it to be, was meant as a metaphor in any case. Dismiss it as having no relevance at your own 'risk'.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:50 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Both ways are 'practiced' in Western cultures nowadays - the midwife route is chosen by a minority of relatively awakened/aware parents, I think.

The 'myth', as you deem it to be, was meant as a metaphor in any case. Dismiss it as having no relevance at your own 'risk'.
A metaphor that says as soon as you enter this world you must experience shock and pain? Better start right away with teaching this?