Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Strange symptoms after meditation

Yesterday, I meditated for twenty minutes. While focusing on my breathing the whole time, I first imagined golden light beneath my feet to ground myself. Then I imagined golden light above my head to connect with my higher self. On every inhale, I internally thought, "in with the good", and every exhale, "out with the bad". I did this as a way to let go of negative emotions so that I can move on and focus my time and energy on positivity and my next step in life. I envisioned my chakras "breathing" - releasing stagnant, negative energy and inhaling positive, healing energy. I felt very happy and loving afterwards.

However, last night, I could feel a lot of vibrations and tingling sensations throughout my body. My legs were very restless, and I could feel a tickling energy rolling up and down my spine. I awoke this morning feeling exhausted and out of it, and very emotional. Emotional, as in, watching a commercial about starving children made me burst into tears and receiving a text of my baby nephew smiling in his sleep filled my heart with a joy so intense that my chest was physically warm.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? If so, what's going on?
Old 22-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Master
That is your heart opening :)

Within two weeks of starting meditation my heart opened also. Normally the intensiveness of it goes away until ones practice has deepened.

The energetic energy you are experiencing is the waking up of kundalini, your energetic body.

It is possible to do to much, to overload. If you are noticing that you are starting to overreact in a negative way. You might want to back off on your practice.

Very cool on the heart opening, enjoy!
Old 23-12-2014, 03:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Oh yay! I've been wishing for that and I've been a little impatient to get there lol. But now that I've taken this first step, I'm starting to feel more peaceful and relaxed. I'm going to take it slow... Because I don't want to sob every time I see a hallmark commercial bahaha. But I'm so elated that my heart is opening up :) thanks, joneboy!
Old 25-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitysrainbow
Yesterday, I meditated for twenty minutes. While focusing on my breathing the whole time, I first imagined golden light beneath my feet to ground myself. Then I imagined golden light above my head to connect with my higher self. On every inhale, I internally thought, "in with the good", and every exhale, "out with the bad". I did this as a way to let go of negative emotions so that I can move on and focus my time and energy on positivity and my next step in life. I envisioned my chakras "breathing" - releasing stagnant, negative energy and inhaling positive, healing energy. I felt very happy and loving afterwards.

However, last night, I could feel a lot of vibrations and tingling sensations throughout my body. My legs were very restless, and I could feel a tickling energy rolling up and down my spine. I awoke this morning feeling exhausted and out of it, and very emotional. Emotional, as in, watching a commercial about starving children made me burst into tears and receiving a text of my baby nephew smiling in his sleep filled my heart with a joy so intense that my chest was physically warm.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? If so, what's going on?

That is a good description. Naturally, envisioning pleasant thoughts will tend to produce pleasing vibrations which in turn generate a happy emotional state.

What strikes me though, is tingles and vibrations that just occurred by themselves. That indicates that the mind has become perceptive to a degree that enables perception of more subtle sensations that move below the solid physical way the body might have felt before. As the mind goes into that deeper layer, any items of the psyche that are there come to awareness and this includes emotions. Emotions are also a physical manifestation that affect the body, which is obvious. When old emotions are cleared by that process pure universal love flows in and occupies their place. That's prolly why it's described as 'opening'. This has the effect of a sensation rising in the heart, which you describe as warmth. It might be a good idea to be mindful about yourself as this seems to be an emotionally sensitive time.

I enjoyed your description. Awesome.
Old 25-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I agree, excellent description.
I giggled when I read you pictured light at your feet to ground yourself...
then, I read on.

Sooo, try this and see how you do.

Picture the 'tail' of your spine and/or your feet....as if growing roots into the earth.
(I don't practice visualization at all, btw, just sayin'...not what I do.)
Then, do the 'light' visualization at the crown of your head.

Check back, lemme know....:)
If you have a hard time with being grounded try a smokey quartz...
you'll feel grounded alright! The bigger the better!

If it helps...imagine the yin and yang of the polarity of the body...
there is a natural flow to everything...there isn't yang at the top and yang at bottom of you.
There is the positive and negative flow to everything...so 'roots' at the feet, light at the top.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Master
I have been experiencing that tickling energy for a few months now, it runs down my legs to my toes and also to a lesser degree on my arms and hands. I've attempted to direct it but when I try it totally stops.
I had an experience while meditating about six months ago of deep pressure at bottom of my spine, I assumed it has to do with kundalini and a blockage perhaps.

The emotional component is like waves with me, I go through periods where it's intense then it subsides. I feel as though it is directly connect with what is going on with the earth and changes occurring in the sun as well.