Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 22-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Experiencer

Fire came alive

I was sitting by the camp fire staring at it, then all of a sudden I hear Indian music and drumming. I just wanted to dance around the fire and sing, but there was a lot of people around. I decided to sing to the music in my head, the more I sang with them the more I wanted to cry.

Does this mean anything?
Old 22-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Suspended
Try going camping alone and build a campfire, sing and dance around it. The message will be clear.
Old 22-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Gracey

Dance and sing anyways....you might be surprised at who joins you.
Old 24-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with both Thunder Bow and Gracey if the music is within you you will know.

Namaste
Old 24-06-2016, 01:18 AM
confusionsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmBuzz71
I was sitting by the camp fire staring at it, then all of a sudden I hear Indian music and drumming. I just wanted to dance around the fire and sing, but there was a lot of people around. I decided to sing to the music in my head, the more I sang with them the more I wanted to cry.

Does this mean anything?

Fire is the south direction. the drum is the heartbeat of "Shkakami-kwe" mother earth. South direction is the heart direction(in my culture, Anishaanabek).

The medicine wheels colours of my people are yellow for the east,"Wabinong" (earth) south "Zhawinong"(fire) west-"Epangishmok" (water), and north "Kiiwedinong"(air).

what direction were you sitting in?

I believe that your spirit was being called to. You were by the fire, which represents the heart. have you had any problems of the heart? relationships? The ancestors allowed you to hear thier song. this is like a wakeup call for your heart, to stop thinking and make things more simple. Thunderbow, "Mitigwab Animiki" is correct to suggest go sit by yourself and fast. or find a sweat, since you are in "Kanada" you should be able to find one easily, what area are you in? ( I am on Mnido Mnising, Manitoulin Island). there are many elders doing them. In case you dont know- bring a small pouch of "Semaa"(tobacco)wrapped in a red or blue pouch, and ask to go to a sweat lodge. there you will probably hear the Big drum again. remember to honour your heart. I believe this message is for your heart since you wanted to cry, it is cleansing time. allow yourself to cry
Old 03-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusionsay
Fire is the south direction. the drum is the heartbeat of "Shkakami-kwe" mother earth. South direction is the heart direction(in my culture, Anishaanabek).

The medicine wheels colours of my people are yellow for the east,"Wabinong" (earth) south "Zhawinong"(fire) west-"Epangishmok" (water), and north "Kiiwedinong"(air).

what direction were you sitting in?

I believe that your spirit was being called to. You were by the fire, which represents the heart. have you had any problems of the heart? relationships? The ancestors allowed you to hear thier song. this is like a wakeup call for your heart, to stop thinking and make things more simple. Thunderbow, "Mitigwab Animiki" is correct to suggest go sit by yourself and fast. or find a sweat, since you are in "Kanada" you should be able to find one easily, what area are you in? ( I am on Mnido Mnising, Manitoulin Island). there are many elders doing them. In case you dont know- bring a small pouch of "Semaa"(tobacco)wrapped in a red or blue pouch, and ask to go to a sweat lodge. there you will probably hear the Big drum again. remember to honour your heart. I believe this message is for your heart since you wanted to cry, it is cleansing time. allow yourself to cry
Interesting insight.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Master

crying is to do with self cleansing. Your soul/spirit wanted to let something go...hence why you also wanted to dance around the fire and sing, that's very releasing