Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Master
Isle Walker: To me it is all about fear and conquering it.

I agree. It's about not letting our fear control us, but facing and going on past it. All the rewards lie there.

Xan

Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
Hiya - that makes sense & i have thought that myself, so basically im still just dreaming then, thats actually a relief. i would love to AP and travel back in time to see ancestors and places, but im scared to death of trying it incase i cant get back to my physcial body or someone gets there first, well im scared of all the dangers of it really. :-(

Keiko--

I just am pretty sure we all go out of body every night. Dreams are the only part we remember. So, we do it anyway. Have you ever been stuck out of your body so far or inhabited by another?

I didn't mean to imply it was "just a dream" --as in, not important. Our astral bodies or just our energies with no bodies have had these experiences I think. They are "real". But it doesn't mean our consciousness can't be challenged to overcome fears. After all, it really is our consciousness that has the fears, not the body itself.

The way I used to see dreams was something I "imagined" in order to get messages from my unconscious or subconscious to conscious level. Sometimes we may actually have these experiences in the lower, visual dimensions.

But sometimes I think we learn just as energy, from experiences with other energies. These are almost impossible to translate to our physical world understanding. Seth even says that certain higher entities can help us save the energy in order to create these dreams and remember them. Ever notice how you don't remember unless you make a concerted effort to, or actually ask your guides a question or ask to remember?

But those fears--of not coming back into body or being taken over--are some of the many people have to get over to have OBEs. You are spirit and cannot be hurt. You have any "magical" skills you can imagine yourself to have and when push comes to shove, you don't really need them.

But you will always learn and that may involve some interaction with the negatives in your life that you haven't yet learned from.

Negative is just the part of creation that allows for destruction so new can be made. It is necessary to the creative process too.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. So Keiko, what you had was one form of projection already. It's all just a matter of degree. And you made it back OK, right?!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
While in our astral body I am guessing we are much more on the same vibrational level with spirits than we are while we are inhabiting our flesh covered vessels we call our bodies. That is my belief.

Agreed. It may not necessarily mean we see the "negatives" as positive, but might be more prone not to be afraid. Is that what you're saying?

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Keiko--

I just am pretty sure we all go out of body every night. Dreams are the only part we remember. So, we do it anyway. Have you ever been stuck out of your body so far or inhabited by another?

I didn't mean to imply it was "just a dream" --as in, not important. Our astral bodies or just our energies with no bodies have had these experiences I think. They are "real". But it doesn't mean our consciousness can't be challenged to overcome fears. After all, it really is our consciousness that has the fears, not the body itself.

The way I used to see dreams was something I "imagined" in order to get messages from my unconscious or subconscious to conscious level. Sometimes we may actually have these experiences in the lower, visual dimensions.

But sometimes I think we learn just as energy, from experiences with other energies. These are almost impossible to translate to our physical world understanding. Seth even says that certain higher entities can help us save the energy in order to create these dreams and remember them. Ever notice how you don't remember unless you make a concerted effort to, or actually ask your guides a question or ask to remember?

But those fears--of not coming back into body or being taken over--are some of the many people have to get over to have OBEs. You are spirit and cannot be hurt. You have any "magical" skills you can imagine yourself to have and when push comes to shove, you don't really need them.

But you will always learn and that may involve some interaction with the negatives in your life that you haven't yet learned from.

Negative is just the part of creation that allows for destruction so new can be made. It is necessary to the creative process too.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. So Keiko, what you had was one form of projection already. It's all just a matter of degree. And you made it back OK, right?!

thankyou lora, i have to read your posts really slowly cause you speak the "spiritual lingo" that im still yet learning.
my dreams just confuse me full stop, and ive always put them down to subconscious fears/wishes etc you know my brain filing away all my thoughts in my head, but i have also had a dream then woken up gone downstairs and the dream played out on the tv screen in a programme i was watching !!!

i dont understand the point and differences in lucid dreams and when we are leaving our bodys but i see what you means about you think we leave our bodys every night, its just alot to take in. im assuming with ap, though you feel a massaive bang back into your body as if your returning....

As far as im aware no i have never been stuck out of my body or been inhabited, again thats just a fear i have although i have had my fair share of fighting entity dreams which arent very pleasant again though yes, ive forgotten my dreams and asked to remember them and like magic i remember them. i think i have had hundreds of little experiences but because i dont understand that just makes me a very confused young gal whos trying to get my head around it all and wonder what the heck is going on and working out whats real and what isnt real
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Master
Keiko... As I see it, our dreams are not be understood mentally so much as at a feeling level, which is where they come from. When we try to figure them out in our heads it can lead to the confusion you describe.

Instead, you might just daydream about your night dreams, letting your mind wander in them, and see what intuitive sense you may have about the meanings for you.

Xan

Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
thankyou lora, i have to read your posts really slowly cause you speak the "spiritual lingo" that im still yet learning.

Sorry. Didn't mean to. Dreams, lucid dreams, astral projection Out of Body--they're all just variations of the natural process of our consciousness leaving the body. The variable is how much our "conscious" mind is aware of it. There is always some of you staying with your body to make sure everything is healing, repairing, listening for the kids, monitoring if you need to go to the bathroom! Somebody's gotta do it!

Quote:
im assuming with ap, though you feel a massaive bang back into your body as if your returning....

Some people do and some don't. I personally haven't experienced the vibrations before going that most do. I did first get interested in this because I would wake hearing a loud roar (which I thought was my neighbor's golf cart coming home late!). Also I had a popping sound in my right ear that wasn't sinuses or anything.

Quote:
again though yes, ive forgotten my dreams and asked to remember them and like magic i remember them.

Lucky you! This only works some of the time for me. Lately especially I've been getting some cryptic, pithy single piece that should mean something but I can't figure out what. Last one I was asking guides if I should trust the many Arcturian clues I was given. I got the word "essentialsource"--written out as one word. WT...?? There is a website by that name and they have supplements. But I've been there, done that for years.

Your dreams sound much more...um, exciting, eventful!

Lora
Old 13-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Guide
Some dreams probably are OBE's, but some I think aren't. For example, I dreamed the other night of a man (I met him once and he will soon be my boss in July) who was in love with me and wanted to marry me, and we were getting married. But this was obviously not an OBE. I am married already in real life. Weird subconscious dream? Probably.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:45 AM
ScientificHippy

I love hearing about people's experiences of OBE's or AP. I had one when I was younger but thought it was a dream at the time, but now think otherwise. I was flying over trees, houses and over electric wires. I was always very intrigued and then I did a course on it through a non-for-profit organisation that have done scientific research into it all. Things they say you experience when it is a real OBE are: feeling vibrations just before you exit your body, you have a silver cord of energy that attaches you to your body and that you can test your experience. For example go somewhere where you can check that what you have seen is real. e.g. OBE to a street down the road, look at what cars are there, what is in them - then go back and check when you wake up. Or even better go into a place where you can get someone to verify what they were doing at what time that you saw. Hope this helps Dawn1976...
Old 15-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificHippy
you have a silver cord of energy that attaches you to your body and that you can test your experience. For example go somewhere where you can check that what you have seen is real. e.g. OBE to a street down the road, look at what cars are there, what is in them - then go back and check when you wake up. Or even better go into a place where you can get someone to verify what they were doing at what time that you saw. Hope this helps Dawn1976...

ScientificHippy- There are a few who have noticed the silver cord. My own suspicion is that it is attached to the energy body that is designed to stay and "recharge" your physical body. It would make sense that it can only go so far.

Many describe several different energy bodies--basically of different energy. I personally don't think you need any energy body to travel--it's just that we're used to having one. For instance, I do recall that I could "see" 360 degrees--and behind the "people" who were standing in front of me. That doesn't imply that the bodily senses are necessary--in fact they may be a hindrance. William Buhlman did talk about seeing a sliver cord on his puppy who followed him during an OBE. When he touched the cord, the dog "disappeared" (back to physical apparently).

William Buhlman (Adventures Beyond the Body and Soul Travel) spent a lot of time testing this verification idea in his initial experiments (in the '70s) when he was learning how to OBE. In all his experiments (leaving pencils balanced on a table near the bed) he was never able to do anything that was verifiable. As energy, of course, he couldn't move the physical pencil. He would be sure he had, or had written something, but it wouldn't be changed.

As to verification of information about a room or visiting someone in dreams, I get the feeling this is a difficult thing to do too. Remote viewing can be imprecise as can dream visit. People interpret what they experience--symbolically. So they may not "remember" what you do.

Buhlman (as I) eventually came to the conclusion that he was wasting valuable time with these experiments instead of getting on with his own spiritual growth. IMO that's what they're for. I suppose your path could be "proving" this to the world though. In that case, you might want to spend time on it.

As I've said many times, you eventually realize that all energetic experience is subjective not objective. Because the basic unit of consciousness experiences uniquely, I think the Scientific Method itself is not valid. No two people will ever experience one event the same way. Therefore, there are no "reproducible events". It doesn't mean that thinking logically isn't useful. Just one that's as useful as a screen door on a submarine when it comes to spiritual stuff.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 15-01-2012, 04:52 PM
SaraSeeker

So true IsleWalker! I recall having OBE experiences mostly as a teenager....these were sometimes nightmarish, and I remember the sensation I felt when I returned to my body and tried to wake up at the same time, first before trying to wake I would be trying with all my might to scream but no sound would come....then just before waking my body would feel like a ton of led, I could not more as if a massive weight was holding me down at that time it was very scary. But in hindsight knowing what I know now I realize that the theme of the dreams was always running away and someone chasing me......they never caught me and I was always safe. I think the experience was to show how much in reality I wanted to escape things going on at the time but the message was also that (in not getting caught) things would work out and be okay, which is what happened.

Many times I would be in another country often England or Ireland usually hanging out talking to people. Sometimes my house would be in one of these countries somehow but the life I was living was totally different. In one of these houses I would climb a ladder and enter a apt on the top floor of the house, and I knew while I was there that no one else even knew that this place existed. Many of these dreams or variations of them were reoccurring differing slightly but all connected.

Flying dreams are the best ever...lol. I recall flying just above the houses up and down the streets in my town wearing a white flowing gown it felt wonderful, then as I neared my school suddenly I thought I need to get down because I don't want anyone to know I can fly and woke up.

Being in a spaceship wearing space uniforms walking through hallways, mazes on a mission of sorts talking with people, ending with gazing out a porthole looking in marvel at the stars and other planets.

It after dreams like this you have to give your head a shake and are dissapointed that you have woken up.

After talking with others about Astral Travel, for me my outlook of this is that there is nothing to fear, this is your Spirit travelling in another dimension, if you are aware and have decided before going to sleep you are able to chose where you want to go and what you want to see asking your guide to take you (asking for guidance travelling to a place where you you will be shown by your guides), you can while you are travelling go and do anything you want, all one needs to do is have the "thought" which your guide will manifest for you during the astral travel.

This has been my experience, don't mean to make it sound simple it is not because most often what is shown will be exaggerated or bizaar, this is for the express purpose that you will remember this dream.....take not of it and determine what it means for you, the more bizaar a dream is the more likely you will be able to interpret it's meaning for yourself.

Okay I think I am getting into the dream message board now.....rambling here/bad habit of mine.

I loved reading this board and one thing that is obvious to me is that where the experience is unique to each of us, there are a lot of similarities as well.

peace out in unity and respect