Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Administrator
If the mind is in thought the words seen and felt, then the deed has already been done!!
Old 30-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Administrator
Letting go of attachment to results…

I am in a stormy sea trying to keep my head above water, the waves must be very high because I cant see the tops of them, I have a job a house, a wife and child, but they seem a long distance away: This body fills with pain and sorrow and feels very heavy for I see my own death approaching, the mind, playing tricks on me has me swimming in circles and in such a vast sea there is no hope of surviving…….

I seem to have hope but for what I know not, yet another yarn the mind has played on me I suppose. This ego is strong, it will help me survive, it keeps saying as if on constant replay. ‘You will persist wont you, leave me alone to die in peace’ is my answer…..

After a while the thoughts quieten, the sea subsides and the storm is nearly over. As the waves get smaller and smaller the horizon becomes clearer. By now I can no longer feel this body as though it belongs to someone else, I watch it floating on the now near mirror perfect surface of the sea, I marvel at how it just holds itself, just floating….mind floating, juuust……..

For what seemed like lifetimes of memories, I was here and there, there and here back and forth across endless boundless galaxies and universes all at once instantly at this very moment. The sensation of nothingness through this body was overwhelming……..

I have never ever felt so much peace and harmony as I do now. My heart feels as though it could burst from its place. The most inexplicable sensation of joy and happiness overwhelms this soul…… Tears role down my face, all my fears, pain, sorrow, regrets, into one tear as I remember the saying... One tear is an ocean of suffering……all forgiven, all liberated, all released

I wake up from what seemed an eternity yet no more than a few hours had past, A tinge of disappointment hung over my heart when I realised I was in the sea waiting to die, With one thought I made my mind up…. Im going home and that is that……

By will alone I allowed this body to slowly sink beneath the surface, I rested there on the bottom of the sea floor looking up at the sunlight…… Sunlight!!! What is sunlight doing all down here? I stand up and my head breaks the surface, in front of me is paradise
Old 30-11-2017, 02:16 AM
Administrator
Anger verses observations

It is quite hard to step out of the shoes of the ego when it wants to respond to someone who is showing you aggression, At this moment there is two responses that you can do… you can but respond back in likeness and then intensify it, or walk away feeling upset and very hurt and wishing you had responded back in likeness and intensity anyway. There is no end to this kind of suffering

Unless………..

You can step into the role of an observer of this present event or moment, allowing the experience to unfold before you, remain balanced inside your mind observing any egotic traits that attempt to beguile you into automatic uncontrolled and unnoticed responses

At this point you are being true to your-self by refraining from acting, I think its called… “Seeing action in non-action”
Old 30-11-2017, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
Anger verses observations

It is quite hard to step out of the shoes of the ego when it wants to respond to someone who is showing you aggression, At this moment there is two responses that you can do… you can but respond back in likeness and then intensify it, or walk away feeling upset and very hurt and wishing you had responded back in likeness and intensity anyway. There is no end to this kind of suffering

Unless………..

You can step into the role of an observer of this present event or moment, allowing the experience to unfold before you, remain balanced inside your mind observing any egotic traits that attempt to beguile you into automatic uncontrolled and unnoticed responses

Well said.
Old 30-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well said.

Your most welcome
Old 30-11-2017, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Emptying of the mind

I would then liken the ‘search for enlightenment’ as a very small needle in a giant haystack. The needle represents what it is you are searching for (the point of it all) and the haystack being everything you think, speak and do including life’s foibles and the body

The term ‘looking for a needle in a haystack’ depicts an impossible task, as you rumble around the straw the needle just gets more and more hidden, (an analogy often used to describe a state of mind that is conditioned) this would be similar to fumbling around a heap of thoughts words and deeds that wont go away because they are still in a heap you are fumbling around in,
It would be a very hard task to do, I know….. but it will not be impossible….
Pick up each straw/thought and declare that it is not a needle/enlightenment
Eventually you will reach the needle (the point of it all)

What are you presently seeking for first, The needle or the straw?

What do you look for first in your lifes quest for understanding enlightenment?

I could also say this. why are you seeking and questing after something that is so sublime that words are beyond it
Old 30-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
LOL hello my friend. all those years writing and not sharing is catching up with me

lol Your hilarious.

Happy streaming..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Master
Hi Heart, there was something about where I felt your posts here were coming from in you that got me to read them all.
I really enjoyed them and at times the poetry read so fluently that it felt otherworldly.
I related to most of them and I guess that to be the connection so thank you for sharing. I'm really glad I stopped by and found this thread.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 30-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Hi Heart, there was something about where I felt your posts here were coming from in you that got me to read them all.
I really enjoyed them and at times the poetry read so fluently that it felt otherworldly.
I related to most of them and I guess that to be the connection so thank you for sharing. I'm really glad I stopped by and found this thread.

Your making me blush.... lol

Most of what I write is from the heart and listening to the sounds of silence within, it speaks volumes to you if you listen to it with a tranquil and open heart,

the poems come from source, I wrote them but they do not belong too me, they are for sharing, we are all from source so you will "feel" the unknowable waves of wisdom behind them,

I questioned this for years, how we recognise in others traits that we have already known and been true not just in our hearts but in spirit too

Namaste
Old 30-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Administrator
"When the mind is still and all thought has been quelled, the ego no longer a backseat driver, you walk the path of a spiritual warrior, from here onward there is no going back. press on my friend press on for you there is nought but wonder." Heart

I wrote this years ago about what it feels like to be free from ego and an unruly mind, a dreamers paradise I call it..

You slowly walk towards the edge of the woods,
the trees gently swaying in the wind,
the sent of pine and moss fills your senses,
a clearing makes way to the shoreline,

Curiosity fills you as you draw nearer to it.
The sea is a perfect reflection of the sky above,
the horizon disappearing as the sky and sea meet each other.

Gentle waves lap the shore.

Each moment passes you by without a thought or a word spoken,
time forgotten as you are spell bound,
completely taken in by the beauty you are witnessing,
From off shore a small boat is slowly drifting towards you,
you watch in awe as it touches the white sandy beach,

as if to beckon you to it and climb aboard.

You know that you must go towards the boat,
no one appears to be in it,
you allow yourself to cast it off the beach and board the boat,
you are at perfect ease as you sit down and allow the boat to drift silently,

except for the lapping of the waves on the side.

You slowly fall asleep feeling completely and utterly content and happy….

The light is fading the full moon is sparkling in the sea like a million lights shining,
a cool breeze wakes you up as it pushes the boat to a different shore,
as you get closer you see a walkway that the boat seems to be heading too.
the boat gently comes to a halt,
it doesn’t even touch the walkway as you step out of it

You slowly walk for a while,
wonder fills your heart as you begin to feel like you’ve been here before,

some distant memory pervades your mind as you try to remember.
In front of you, you see a lovingly carved set of stairs into the rock face,
candle lights are lit as if to show you the way up,

there is a small grassy area at the top of the stairs,
behind that is a door into the rock face,
you walk up to the door and slowly open it,
you enter the room,
in front of you is an open fire and an arm chair for you to sit in

Now you remember……

I am indeed home.