Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Gracey

Types of mediums.

So, I am the type of medium that crosses earth bounds over to the light. Sometimes they get in touch with me to let me know they are with loved ones who are still living, usually for special events in the livings life. Not sure if this type of medium-ship has a name.

I have heard of types of mediums, like last night on a show. She called it a mental medium. Someone who doesn't feel the emotions of the dead. They only get the information.

What other types of medium-ship is out there?
Old 12-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Experiencer
I've heard

Evidential medium
Spiritual medium
Mental mediumship (as a technique more than an identification)
Trance medium
Old 13-02-2017, 01:42 AM
Gracey

Thanks Serenifly.

I looked on line to search as well. There really isn't too much information, save the same theme in all of them. I was hoping to hear some peoples experiences of how they see themselves as mediums.

Like, the dead come to me when they are ready to cross over. I can't seem to find any "label" if you will on that type of medium.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Experiencer
^ ah ok gotcha ...

this has always been a hard one for me. I'm no expert, I'm only 4.5 years into my development myself, I've struggled with the word Psychic for my entire development, because there is such a cheesy stigma attached to it I find.

so for a while I was like 'I'm an evidential medium' because I loved the evidence based readings I was doing, then I was told by my mentor to maybe use 'Spiritual Medium' to lessen the expectation of evidence that might not come through in every reading, but that didn't sit with me 100% because I'm not a spiritualist or attached to the church in anyways, so honestly once I hung my shingle just a few months ago I go with Psychic Medium. it helps with google searches and it's something people understand, also I find a lot of people want to sit with me for psychic readings rather than mediumship so I just have a door open to that. Though my heart is in the Mediumship work...

so that's my long story with it haha, that more along the lines of what you were looking for?

My mentor explained to me why people hiss when they hear 'Mental Mediumship' basically, before the hustle and bustle of current day times, people would sit with Spirit for some time to gain communications, like once a week, for hours, for years... they would manifest a lot of physical mediumship (trance, ectoplasm, lights seen with naked eye etc). now we are a distracted species with instant gratification and our inability to sit for hours to focus on the connection with spirit, a lot of mediums now work with 'mental mediumship', more information flowing through than the physical mediumship that was of the day in the late 1800's early 1900's .... we just don't have the dedication we once did when sitting with Spirit for manifestation of physical mediumship, is what I'm told anyhow!
Old 13-02-2017, 03:31 AM
Gracey

thanks for sharing your perspective of your experience. a friend of mine just told me that the "label" for the type of medium I am is called soul rescue.

I hear, see, feel, smell and once in a while taste what the dead are communicating with me.

Edgar Cayce would be a good example of a trance medium.

I think training to be a trance medium would be necessary if one is not able to do medium work at all.

I find it interesting what people do with their abilities. Some mediums relay messages from the other side. Some let people know what ghost or things are haunting their land or them. Others help ghosts cross over.

For the past few decades, I have been putting most of my attention to prophetic dreaming. There was a hand full of times in my life that I have helped people cross over. Recently, the dead have been coming to me quite a bit, ready to cross over. And I feel more of a calling to do that now. Prophetic dreaming doesn't really help anyone much, where as soul rescue does.
Old 13-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
I hear, see, feel, smell and once in a while taste what the dead are communicating with me.

I find what you do interesting, as far as I know, I haven't met anyone who works that way.

I hear, see, feel & smell in my communication & I have always seen, I'll keep it simple, ghosts!
It was seeing the things that I did from a very young age onwards that eventually lead me to find answers in mediumship when it all got too much.
I'm not a usual type of medium, in fact many mediums I know quite well, have given readings to, frown when they ask about my beliefs.
To me, someone who loves science & has no religious belief, it's about an awareness to a consciousness some can tune into & some can't.
And now I've said that I have to wonder if you're frowning too?
Let's just say that my belief is of course just what I believe, but it doesn't stop me getting good connections & helping people.
I do know that much of the frowning is me not having a religious belief, it's as if they wonder how I do what I do with the results I get without help of some kind.

Anyhow less about me. Can I ask for a brief run down of how things work for you, I'd really like to know how a communication starts & what else happens.
I hope you don't mind me asking & of course I respect your decision if you decide it's not something you wish to discuss.
Old 14-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Gracey

HI TonyG.

Ya know, I am a lover of science as well and follow no particular religion. I consider myself a mystic, someone who experiences spiritual experiences and tries to understand them with science. I've come across all kinds of responses from people. Everything from fear to reactions of wonder.

Sounds like you are a natural like myself. I have been experiencing the spiritual nature of life since I arrived here on earth. In my youth, I had no understanding what in the world I was experiencing. Was raised Roman Catholic and that just didn't fit in with me, so I studied every religion under the sun and decided that the road of mystic is what suits me best.

Well, recently I crossed over someone who died in the late 1800's. He came to me in a vision 3 days before I visited the bdlg. he liked to stay in. He showed me a little girl with long brown hair about 5 years old. She had a toy car. The man from the 1800's was with me, in my body. His name is George. He told the little girl that he is leaving to find main street. I could feel just how important it was for him to find Main street. He told her she could come or stay there. She chose to stay there. Next I was traveling down main street and I saw on the corner a bank. I saw women dressed like Ladies of the night by the bank and I saw Al Roker. I could feel a longing for that time period, the late 1800's. I felt a liking for that life. I looked to my right and finally saw George. He left my body. He had a grey beard and sharp features. I could see the light in the distance behind him. He said to me that it is so bright. I said it isn't that bright. He didn't like my response and starting nit picking me in anger. He went on and on. Then I walked past him and he went on to the light.

Well, three days after that vision. I went to a bdlg downtown that I have never been to before. I was there for rehearsal for a play I am in. I met the owner of the bldg. when I took an interest in a poster on the wall concerning ghost hunting. We got to talking. She said there is a ghost there by the name of George. He lived in the late 1800's. He was a wealthy man in the community and had a large bldg. on Main Street that has been torn down and a bank currently sits there. She said that he plays with her little girl, she is 5 years old and a medium herself. She plays with antique toy cars at the bldg. She said that he is temperamental and will pull peoples hair and locked them in rooms if he doesn't like what he sees going on.

So, I went home that night and did some research on this George guy. I found a pic of him and sure enough that is the guy I met. He wrote about the 1889 flood in the local paper. That is why my mind saw Al Roker, the weather guy.

The next week, I went back for rehearsals. During practice, I saw in the room two men in civil war uniforms with ladies of the night. I had a knowing of a bordello.

I told the owner of the bdlg. what I saw and felt. She pointed out the bldg behind us and said it is to be rumored that back in that time period it was a bordello. Nothing could be confirmed. I told her, I can confirm that. :) They even brought some ladies of the night to the GARS bldg itself.

George let me know that he realizes that time has passed. That his old bldg is no longer there and a bank is. Is was aware and knew it was time to move on.

So, that was that.

I have earth bounds who are ready to cross come find me and I have had to perform exorcisms on some who were terrorizing the living.

During all this with George, my husbands Grandma came to me to let me know she is with his Uncles and his Dad during a particular time. I got to know her personality and a better understanding of their family values and love.

I was thinking last night about my dreaming prophetically. I have died with thousands of people. I died with them before it took place in our waking life. All of them went to the light. I never realized that I was doing soul work that way. It use to torture me to experience death with so many people. Then I went through a phase of trying to help them not die, then I went through a phase of praying for the best of all people and the situations. Now, I realize my part in it all.

Most times in my prophetic dreams I am all "characters" at the same time. I get to experience ALL at once. All the emotions and thoughts of everyone in the dream all at once. I can't seem to do that in waking life, only in the dream world.

Any ol' ways. People are gonna respond to your abilities in a variety of ways. Just be you. Can't wrong with that now can ya. :)
Old 15-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Quote:
HI TonyG.

Ya know, I am a lover of science as well and follow no particular religion. I consider myself a mystic, someone who experiences spiritual experiences and tries to understand them with science.

Seems we are very alike that way. I've written two books that, apart from many other things, have various parts that involve doing exactly that.

Quote:
...I studied every religion under the sun and decided that the road of mystic is what suits me best.

I like the sound of it.

As for the rest of what you said.
It sounds like you have long lasting visions with much detail, doesn't that get a bit much to bear & also tiring? Does it happen often?

As for the exorcisms, is this something you do a lot of?

And the dreaming prophetically, not something I'd want to experience too often.

Thanks for your insight & explanations. Hope you don't mind me asking more questions?
Old 16-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG
Seems we are very alike that way. I've written two books that, apart from many other things, have various parts that involve doing exactly that.

I like the sound of it.

As for the rest of what you said.
It sounds like you have long lasting visions with much detail, doesn't that get a bit much to bear & also tiring? Does it happen often?

As for the exorcisms, is this something you do a lot of?

And the dreaming prophetically, not something I'd want to experience too often.

Thanks for your insight & explanations. Hope you don't mind me asking more questions?

Hey,

Ya know what, I like you, have written a book. Mine is for my children. Parts of it are on this topic as well. It is nearly 1000 pages now, someday I might feel like its finished.

The visions never physically tire me out. It use to bother me in my younger days because I didn't understand what was going on. I thought I was crazy for awhile there. So, I started researching and learned a lot. This type occurrence is an every day event IF I got out into public. I try my best not to do that. I enjoy the silence and the stillness.

I have only done an exorcism once in the spirit realm. I didn't exorcise the entity, instead I cleansed the land and the entity left.

I have exorcised my own home. There were some entities here that were making themselves known to my mom, my twins and myself. They were getting more angry towards us. I transmuted their energy into the white light of the holy spirit. I used the power of God, Jesus and my own power. Using my own power is something I dont normally do, but as a Mom, I felt the need to protect. Using my own power did drain me and boy there is a whole story that goes along with that. Anyways, all activity has stopped in my home.

Seeing the future can be a hard thing to bear. On the flip side though, I have seen many blessing come to fruition as well. It has really taught me the importance of detachment.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Hello

The biggest misunderstanding at times is terms used like "Psychic Medium" when you separate the words they are different in what a person does. Yet there are some like me that are both equally strong and add to that a healing aspect. We come in this way open to it all we do not have to "learn it" it is just there.

A lot of times someone will come to me for a "Tarot Reading" and someone passed comes into the reading. I then have to decide if I open that door with the person, even though they understand I work in both worlds. Not all open to belief in the other side when you die. Or they could use some healing but that is not asked for so again that door is there.

I have put down my thoughts on what a Medium is. Depending on the country you go to the definitions can be different. In some countries you must be registered and authenticated.

There are mediums that only get information they have that door to more closed off. This I know from some is by choice and others that door is just not there for them to open. Again the one's I know came in this way.

Psychic
A psychic is a person who is responsive to psychic forces. These people may be capable of extrasensory perception, telepathy and other extraordinary abilities.

Medium
A medium is a person through whom the spirits of the dead are said to be able to contact the living. These people may often be referred to as channels since they act as a conduit for the spirits of the dead.

Combination
If a person is a psychic medium, than they should have qualities of both. Those who can allow the dead to speak through them, as well as communicate telepathically with others, are examples of psychic mediums.

What is a Medium?

- to mediate communication between spirits of the dead and other human beings
- no evidence has been accepted by the wider scientific community in support of the view that there has been communication between the living and the dead
- a Medium is like a bridge that links the physical world with the spirit world
- Mediums make an energy vibration connection to those no longer in physical form

What does a Medium do?

- The role of a Medium is communications with spirit
- Various states of ways of communications – Trance – Direct Voice – Channeling – Automatic Writing ext
- Mediums work in the spirit realms to bring forth the information that a dead person wants to pass on
- Mediums work with spirits on the rescue level, closure with family still living, information finding
- Bring messages in for loved ones left behind to ease their worries
- Work with the authorities at times to piece together the missing information

How does one KNOW they are a Medium?

- We are all on some level Mediums it simply is that some of us open the gift box is all
- Some come born with it right there other’s learn to open to it as life moves along
- It is a “Gift and Ability” that is both a blessing and a curse at times til one learns to balance and embrace whom and what one Is
When did you become aware you were a Medium?
- First conscious memories go to the age of 6
- First understandings at age 16 where the word “Medium” was first introduced

What is a typical day like?

- One is never alone and one does not even know what that feeling is like
- Never know when spirit is going to find you or your going to be called to service
- Learn to walk very much in two worlds one of the physical and one of the spirit

What is a Message from Spirit Night?

- It is a connection to whomever is in Spirit that comes in to connect possible with someone in the audience
- The medium share’s the messages that come in “cold” and see where they hit
- Pass on as many messages as possible to as many members of the audience so it moves rather quickly
- To work with spirit on the highest levels of trust and respect that what is shared is done with compassions
- Not there to PROVE anything just there to share in what comes in – skeptics welcome

Lynn