Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificHippy
I love hearing about people's experiences of OBE's or AP. I had one when I was younger but thought it was a dream at the time, but now think otherwise. I was flying over trees, houses and over electric wires. I was always very intrigued and then I did a course on it through a non-for-profit organisation that have done scientific research into it all. Things they say you experience when it is a real OBE are: feeling vibrations just before you exit your body, you have a silver cord of energy that attaches you to your body and that you can test your experience. For example go somewhere where you can check that what you have seen is real. e.g. OBE to a street down the road, look at what cars are there, what is in them - then go back and check when you wake up. Or even better go into a place where you can get someone to verify what they were doing at what time that you saw. Hope this helps Dawn1976...

Yes, this helps! I don't remember feeling anything upon exiting the body, but whenever I've awoke from a dream about flying, I felt a heavy fluttering in my body (similar to when you are going downwards in a rollar coaster), and then I jolt awake. Like you, I am now convinced I've AP'd, even as recently as this year.

The more I read on this site, the more I find out about myself.

Like lucid dreaming. I just recently learned what it was, and I have had lucid dreams without trying, while many others struggle to have them.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
Yes, this helps! I don't remember feeling anything upon exiting the body, but whenever I've awoke from a dream about flying, I felt a heavy fluttering in my body (similar to when you are going downwards in a rollar coaster), and then I jolt awake.

Yeah, to me it feels like an adrenaline rush--almost like being afraid. It's like the consciousness gets slammed back in so fast it crashes in!

Lora
Old 16-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Yeah, to me it feels like an adrenaline rush--almost like being afraid. It's like the consciousness gets slammed back in so fast it crashes in!

Lora

That's awesome! Now I know that it was really AP! How exciting! I remember months ago I dreamt of flying, pretty high too. Armed with this knowledge, I can be more confident in wanting to AP, and believing that I can.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
That's awesome! Now I know that it was really AP! How exciting! I remember months ago I dreamt of flying, pretty high too. Armed with this knowledge, I can be more confident in wanting to AP, and believing that I can.

That's great Dawn. Have a wonderful journey. It's like the beginning of a great book--much to look forward to.

For me that slamming back stuff only happens when I have to come back fast, like because I hear a noise or my OH wakes me up. But again, I still get confused because the "loud noise" that woke me up may have been me!

Lora
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Neville

Quote:
There are times (mostly as a child) where I dreamed of flying over homes and towns. I have a sort of scary memory of flying in space around planets and feeling scared. How do I know if it was a dream or astral projecting? Is there any way to tell the difference?

Some schools of thought suggest that a dream is indeed a projection of consciousness which is the case, as far as I understand in Astral projection.

So really. At least in my book anyway.. What one might call TomAto I'd call Tomato.