Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
It appears every belief system has people who write, etc. claiming that certain particular belief system practices commit vile acts but there is very little proof if any proof of the vile activity.

Quote:
Your first reference was about a Pentecostal meeting. You got Jehovah Witnesses confused with another religion

My post was in regard to your top comment here.
Old 15-11-2019, 07:38 AM
Master
[quote=BigJohn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It seems you love yellow journalism.

Your first reference was about a Pentecostal meeting. You got Jehovah Witnesses confused with another religion.

The Police inquiry "over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article" does not resonate with the real article which can be found at https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011524#h=7

If it resonates or not has nothing to do with the vile comments that ' Apostates are Mentally Diseased '.
Old 15-11-2019, 09:20 AM
hazada guess

I only detest Jehovah's Witnesses when theres something good on the Telly.
Old 15-11-2019, 10:01 AM
Administrator
Please keep this post on topic and polite otherwise it will be closed

Namaste
Old 15-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I can assure you that some do. I understand why you think it's a lie but that's your choice, I personally know it happens.... They are very astute and once they know your religion then ' Hell ' is thrown at you.

sorry for that, Jehovah God and Jesus knows the truth. so I will rephrase it. because I personally don't know every witness. but as an organization ,we DO NOT suppose to act in such a way. and again, we KNOW... there's NO "HELLFIRE." so it makes NO sense to teach it. that's something those of the Christendom world would say. because MANY believe in a "Hellfire." if a witness says "you're going to hell." I can't explain why he/she said it. the only thing I can say is that person has to answer to Jehovah God and Jesus.

maybe they have NOT gotten close to Jehovah God or Jesus yet. it may also have been someone new, who's still in his milk stage ,(Heb. 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness for he is just a babe). also NOT everyone who says 'I love Jesus", has Jesus in them. if that be the case, we all would be living our lives according to how Jesus said we should, which was to follow him, and NOT of the world.

maybe at times some tries a little to hard to get one to understand. we do want people to understand Jehovah God and Jesus words. but we can't force anyone. ONLY Jehovah God and Jesus who can do this, and even they don't! if we as imperfect people do it our way, it won't turn out good. I as well as others I know, speak in a loving way, even if we are yelled at. which doesn't phase me, because I have very thick skin.

any who claim to follow Jesus. is sent out by him, to do what he started and did, (Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent). we can't stop, just because MANY wants us to. it's their world, if they chose not to listen. peace
Old 15-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
It's very simple for those understanding Doctrine and Theology. The JW's maintain a works based theology, denying many things of mainstream Christianity.

we ONLY deny what the Christendom world believe, if it goes AGAINST Jehovah God and Jesus words. for example, they say Jesus is the "SON OF GOD", we believe this because Jesus said it ,(John 3:16). mostly everyone knows this verse. but we don't and won't agree with ANYONE who says Jesus is also the "FATHER." because he TOLD US, that he has a "Father", (Matt. 20:23 to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father).

and we will NOT agree with anyone who say Jesus is the ALMIGHTY God. because he TOLD US, that he as a "GOD" ,(John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God). these two verses couldn't be anymore, clearer, than glass. yet people continue saying, we're teaching a lie. what MANY really are saying is that Jesus is lying!

we're NOT running this show, Jehovah God and Jesus is. which means the words are true. also most of them in the Christendom world, straddles the fence. when it comes to Jehovah God's words. they will believe the scriptures, ONLY if it doesn't hit too close to home. that's when the wind changes. if it goes AGAINST God's word, NO "Christian" should agree, like or accept it ,(Psa. 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me).

see also (Psa. 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!) and (James 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God). peace
Old 15-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sorry for that, Jehovah God and Jesus knows the truth. so I will rephrase it. because I personally don't know every witness. but as an organization ,we DO NOT suppose to act in such a way. and again, we KNOW... there's NO "HELLFIRE." so it makes NO sense to teach it. that's something those of the Christendom world would say. because MANY believe in a "Hellfire." if a witness says "you're going to hell." I can't explain why he/she said it. the only thing I can say is that person has to answer to Jehovah God and Jesus.

maybe they have NOT gotten close to Jehovah God or Jesus yet. it may also have been someone new, who's still in his milk stage ,(Heb. 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness for he is just a babe). also NOT everyone who says 'I love Jesus", has Jesus in them. if that be the case, we all would be living our lives according to how Jesus said we should, which was to follow him, and NOT of the world.

maybe at times some tries a little to hard to get one to understand. we do want people to understand Jehovah God and Jesus words. but we can't force anyone. ONLY Jehovah God and Jesus who can do this, and even they don't! if we as imperfect people do it our way, it won't turn out good. I as well as others I know, speak in a loving way, even if we are yelled at. which doesn't phase me, because I have very thick skin.

any who claim to follow Jesus. is sent out by him, to do what he started and did, (Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent). we can't stop, just because MANY wants us to. it's their world, if they chose not to listen. peace

You don't need to apologize, you didn't condemn others to hell, you cannot be held responsible for every jw in the world who use hate speech against non jw's. This behaviour happens in lots of religions as we know...
' You will know them by their fruits' comes to mind.
Old 15-11-2019, 04:16 PM
Ascender
[quote=sky123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Police inquiry over Jehovah's Witness magazine 'mentally diseased' article An official magazine for Jehovah's Witnesses that described those who leave the church as "mentally diseased" is at the centre of a police inquiry, it has emerged.

sometimes when one does know understand what's meant behind a comment. it can be taken and delivered the wrong way. the topic was of a Spiritual nature, NOT a fleshly one. it wasn't saying that they have something literally wrong with their minds. it was referring to how some have left the truth because of their own selfish desires.

and begin to spread lies, trying to pull others from the truth ,(Rom. 17:17,18 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple).

this is what's meant by "mentally diseased." MANY mislead others from the truth. because they were mislead ,(2Tim. 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived). it happened in John's day ,(3John 9,10 I wrote to the church about this, but Diotrephes, who loves to be the leader, refuses to have anything to do with us. When I come, I will report some of the things he is doing and the evil accusations he is making against us. Not only does he refuse to welcome the traveling teachers, he also tells others not to help them. And when they do help, he puts them out of the church). peace
Old 15-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Master
[quote=jojo50]
Quote:

sometimes when one does know understand what's meant behind a comment. it can be taken and delivered the wrong way. the topic was of a Spiritual nature, NOT a fleshly one. it wasn't saying that they have something literally wrong with their minds. it was referring to how some have left the truth because of their own selfish desires.

and begin to spread lies, trying to pull others from the truth ,(Rom. 17:17,18 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple).

this is what's meant by "mentally diseased." MANY mislead others from the truth. because they were mislead ,(2Tim. 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived). it happened in John's day ,(3John 9,10 I wrote to the church about this, but Diotrephes, who loves to be the leader, refuses to have anything to do with us. When I come, I will report some of the things he is doing and the evil accusations he is making against us. Not only does he refuse to welcome the traveling teachers, he also tells others not to help them. And when they do help, he puts them out of the church). peace

Watchtower 2011 Jul 15 p.11
"Apostates “quietly” bring their ideas into the congregation, like criminals who secretly bring things into a country. Apostates use “counterfeit words.” This means that they say things that make their false ideas sound true, like criminals who make false documents look real. They try to get as many people as possible to believe their “deceptive teachings.” Peter also said that they like twisting the Scriptures. They explain Bible verses in the wrong way to make others believe their ideas. (2 Peter 2:1, 3, 13; 3:16) Apostates do not care about us. If we follow them, we will leave the road to everlasting life.
... The Bible says that apostates are mentally diseased and that they use their teachings to make others think like them. (1 Timothy 6:3, 4) Jehovah is like that good doctor. He clearly tells us to stay away from false teachers. We must always be determined to follow his warning.
What must we do to avoid false teachers? We do not speak to them or invite them into our houses. We also do not read their books, watch them on television, read what they write on the Internet, or add our own comments about what they write on the Internet. Why are we so determined to avoid them? First of all, it is because we love “the God of truth.” So we do not want to listen to false teachings that go against the truth in God’s Word."
Old 15-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus

Ive spoken face to face with JW-and yes they did come to my front door-and no they did not condemn me to hell-but as I listened carefully to what they had to say-I knew that we believed differently. I did not stand at my front door and enter into a debate with them. I was polite, kind, and listened without interupting. I thanked them for visiting and wished them well. just as I am wishing you well. I have no conflict with you-nor the jw- and thats all I have to say on that subject no more talkey

of course, I agree, because I too have been at the doors of many. and they do tend to disagree. again even when a scriptures was shown, proving we wasn't lying. as long as satan is around, there will ALWAYS be disagreements. between we, who calls ourselves "Christians." this is exactly what satan wants, DIVISION! among we who say we follow Jesus. and he knows why he wants it, some of us don't! we are taught NOT to argue with ANYONE, because it brings reproach on Jehovah's name.

again, I... Love Jehovah God more than arguing with anyone. we're imperfect people who must develop love for all. for some it's a struggle, for myself, it's not, because that's in my nature. anywhere I witness, I'm sent out of love, because of love. it doesn't matter how someone feels about myself. it's much deeper than me. take care!
Closed Thread