Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Master

I would suggest that there are multiple sons of God. These 'sons of God' are those that have been born again as outlined by Jesus in the 3rd chapter of the Gospel of John. Who else could do the 'greater things than these' that Jesus spoke of?
Old 23-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would suggest that there are multiple sons of God. These 'sons of God' are those that have been born again as outlined by Jesus in the 3rd chapter of the Gospel of John. Who else could do the 'greater things than these' that Jesus spoke of?
Sons of God were first introduced in Genesis 6:1-4 where it reads:

"1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

In Hebrew, the English word for God is the transliterated word Elohim.
Also, in Hebrew the English word for LORD is the transliterated word Yahweh.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Master

By the way, anyone that is mystified by the words of Jesus that those would come who could bring greater things than He should be reminded of the words of Jesus....."I did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword". Perhaps it is our task to help bring peace to the world...…..:) Just saying...:)
Old 23-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sons of God were first introduced in Genesis 6:1-4 where it reads:

"1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

In Hebrew, the English word for God is the transliterated word Elohim.
Also, in Hebrew the English word for LORD is the transliterated word Yahweh.

There are many things written in the Bible, but not all that's written there actually represents the true Creator, my belief is that Christ came from the true Creator.The Bible was put together by man, it was not the Creator who decided what to bring in and what to leave out so you can't actually say that the whole Bible is the Word of the Creator, His Word is found there, just like it's found in all the religions of the world. Remember the wise men who came to Christ? I don't think they were jews yet they were already aware of the truth, that because the truth was given to all mankind, not just to the jews, that was their interpretation.When Jesus helped the roman soldier, the jews could not believe it, their whole view was that the truth is only given to them and mostly because their writtings taught them this, yet Christ did the very opposite of what they would have expected.Christ did several things that were completely in opposition with the beliefs of the jews, to me this always sounded as if the jews were in error with the true Word of the Creator and Jesus showed them this. Chirist showed me that the true message of the Creator from the early beginning was one of love and peace and forgiveness.
Old 23-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
There are many things written in the Bible, but not all that's written there actually represents the true Creator, my belief is that Christ came from the true Creator.The Bible was put together by man, it was not the Creator who decided what to bring in and what to leave out so you can't actually say that the whole Bible is the Word of the Creator, His Word is found there, just like it's found in all the religions of the world. Remember the wise men who came to Christ? I don't think they were jews yet they were already aware of the truth, that because the truth was given to all mankind, not just to the jews, that was their interpretation.When Jesus helped the roman soldier, the jews could not believe it, their whole view was that the truth is only given to them and mostly because their writtings taught them this, yet Christ did the very opposite of what they would have expected.Christ did several things that were completely in opposition with the beliefs of the jews, to me this always sounded as if the jews were in error with the true Word of the Creator and Jesus showed them this. Chirist showed me that the true message of the Creator from the early beginning was one of love and peace and forgiveness.

ThatMan, i can sympathise with what your saying here
the only thing i felt to say was really it was not the jews he was opposed to because he was so popular with them they loved him. but he fell foul of the political authorities and the religious authorities who were so scared of not breaking the law they couldn't make a right decision, and even then some listened to him!
Old 23-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
By the way, anyone that is mystified by the words of Jesus that those would come who could bring greater things than He should be reminded of the words of Jesus....."I did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword". Perhaps it is our task to help bring peace to the world...…..:) Just saying...:)
There was the Law
then there is the gathering
and then comes the separating......

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Deactivated Account

It is not a straight forward thing to begin to see God and Jesus as One. Let us look at this example taking into consideration spiritual and physical planes.

Physically, there is past, present and future which we believe to be separate although part and parcel of time which is Infinite (however, we use measures to add some form of constraint upon it).
Spiritually past, present and future are viewed as one.

Same goes with God; physically Jesus hears the Father and receives the Holy Spirit in His physical life, yet from the spiritual vantage point, there in no distinction between the three. You can accept either one of them and they are true.
Old 28-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:

but Jesus explained what he meant at (Matt.10:35,36 "For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Indeed, a man’s enemies will be those of his own household). he meant that NOT ALL household members will join him, some won't. and this is what will cause division within the family. also some may live, and some may die.

we're imperfect humans, who falls short of always doing good. we had about 6000 years to get it right, man cannot bring on peace. no matter how hard they try, satan won't allow it. peace will ONLY come when Jehovah God ,through his SON Jesus. do away with ALL who refuse to obey his Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

and Jesus who's already the NEW KING, will be the one who will remove ALL worldly governments ,(Dan.2:44). and set up a Kingdom, that NO man will ever have. a Righteous new Kingdom in which he with others taken from Earth will govern over the Righteous ones. this is when Peace will kick in. peace
Old 29-10-2019, 04:28 AM
Master
Quote:
War first breaks out in Heaven and then progresses to Earth as mentioned in Revelation chapter 12.

Old 29-10-2019, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
but Jesus explained what he meant at (Matt.10:35,36 "For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Indeed, a man’s enemies will be those of his own household). he meant that NOT ALL household members will join him, some won't. and this is what will cause division within the family. also some may live, and some may die.

we're imperfect humans, who falls short of always doing good. we had about 6000 years to get it right, man cannot bring on peace. no matter how hard they try, satan won't allow it. peace will ONLY come when Jehovah God ,through his SON Jesus. do away with ALL who refuse to obey his Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

and Jesus who's already the NEW KING, will be the one who will remove ALL worldly governments ,(Dan.2:44). and set up a Kingdom, that NO man will ever have. a Righteous new Kingdom in which he with others taken from Earth will govern over the Righteous ones. this is when Peace will kick in. peace
Jesus fulfilled the Law
And then proceeded to put in place the next phase as jojo50 outlined.