Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Master
Knowledge....

There are various types of knowledge on display here at SF. Every person has their own unique expression of knowledge.

I try to develop my knowledge as much as I can. I listen and learn and experience. My knowledge is growing.

It seems to me that there are different attitudes to knowledge. The path of introspection and meditation turns one attention inwards where apparently the source of all knowledge does lie.

Christians (as well as Muslims and Jews) have a different approach to knowledge. They tend to looks outwards or upwards as well as inwards. "To know God and make God known" is the attitude. "Mankind is your business" is another approach.

Through union with Christ people can grow in their knowledge. Faith brings knowledge.

I avoid too much introspection because I feel it will decrease my knowledge. I really doubt that enlightenment is a state whereby one knows everything. This is because I feel there is just too much to know.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-09-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are various types of knowledge on display here at SF. Every person has their own unique expression of knowledge.

I try to develop my knowledge as much as I can. I listen and learn and experience. My knowledge is growing.

It seems to me that there are different attitudes to knowledge. The path of introspection and meditation turns one attention inwards where apparently the source of all knowledge does lie.

Christians (as well as Muslims and Jews) have a different approach to knowledge. They tend to looks outwards or upwards as well as inwards. "To know God and make God known" is the attitude. "Mankind is your business" is another approach.

Through union with Christ people can grow in their knowledge. Faith brings knowledge.

I avoid too much introspection because I feel it will decrease my knowledge. I really doubt that enlightenment is a state whereby one knows everything. This is because I feel there is just too much to know.
Knowledge, as far as I am concerned, is something we need as a foundation. Can you imagine a Christian talking about
Christianity and he/she does not know who Jesus is? A Muslim not knowing about Allah or a Jew not knowing
about G-d? What about a Buddhist that can not relate to Buddha or a Hindu not knowing Shiva.

You would expect a Christian to know some of the Holy books of Christianity and the same would be expected
of other religions. I would suspect people should know who is/are some of their God(s) and/or god(s). When
somebody says God or god, lots of times I have no idea who they are talking about.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:

I personally see knowledge as a tool and wisdom as a craft where the tool is used.
Knowledge comes from outside and wisdom comes from inside, you can have all the knowledge in the world but if you don't use it wisely it is wasted.
Old 24-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Master
Is there such a thing as "spiritual knowledge"? A sort of "knowing" which one can feel or be conscious of? I think there is. I think the spirit can impart knowledge.

Old 25-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Is there such a thing as "spiritual knowledge"? A sort of "knowing" which one can feel or be conscious of? I think there is. I think the spirit can impart knowledge.

I personally think intuition is inner insight to unconscious knowledge.
Old 25-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:

"Spiritual knowledge" is very real, and it's different that the knowledge of the world. MANY does NOT want Spiritual Knowledge, because they fell they know ALL that there is to know. we shouldn't believe what we feel is right. we have to go by the words of Jehovah God ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths).

Many wants to worship God, (not referring to those who straddles the fence). but some don't have accurate knowledge ,(Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge). for example, MANY believe Jesus is the Almighty God and Father.

though the same ones would refer to him a 3-in-1 God. but Jesus told us time and time. that he HAS a FATHER and GOD ,(John 20:17 Jesus said unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God).

Jesus said ,(Luke 12:2 For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known). if we want accurate knowledge regardless if we may seen different, we will welcome it.

Jesus had accurate knowledge of who he was and who SENT HIM ,(John 3:16). yet those fake and arrogant ministers of his time refuse to believe him. feeling that they were superior to him, sad! they lacked the knowledge they THOUGHT!... they had.

in order to have accurate knowledge we have to want the truth. if not this is what will and IS happening with MANY ,(Pro. 1:28-31 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices).
peace
Old 25-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Master
That is very interesting jojo50. I have often sensed that there are two different types of knowledge in the world (if not more)....one true and one false. It uplifts my heart to hear you explain the difference so well.

Old 25-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Experiencer

Thank you as well Jojo. I did not grow up in a church or even grew up Christian. My little knowledge and experience with my faith led me to believe that God and Jesus Christ was one in the same. The verses you quote makes sense in explaining that they indeed are two separate entities. Over the last two weeks I have prayed to each of them individually, and can feel their energies are separate. Your post only affirms it for me.
Old 25-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
Thank you as well Jojo. I did not grow up in a church or even grew up Christian. My little knowledge and experience with my faith led me to believe that God and Jesus Christ was one in the same. The verses you quote makes sense in explaining that they indeed are two separate entities. Over the last two weeks I have prayed to each of them individually, and can feel their energies are separate. Your post only affirms it for me.

“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

There are no separating energies, only one Source.

' But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live.)
( Corinthians 8:6 )
Old 25-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

There are no separating energies, only one Source.

' But for us, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live.)
( Corinthians 8:6 )

I agree with this, the separation is just an illusion, without it, our reality would not exist, in fact, all the universe would not exist.The whole creation is within the Creator, we have our beings in the Creator.