Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-05-2019, 02:29 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
How's your new Job going LN, hope your enjoying it.
I like the job and will do all I can to keep it.

I'm working in the NEWS industry LOL!! :)
Old 22-05-2019, 06:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I believe in absolute truth Sky, but that its not easy to know what that is!
Blind belief is a risk and luckily some are not prone to it. But no belief is also not risk free so there is this compulsion to want to know... its natural

It doesn't make sense to me to imagine a time before creation, unless God is subject to time and can die and be reborn like us... which is a curious thought
But assuming God is immutable and beyond time and space then creation has to be part of God's essence and an eternal process without beginning or end
What seems like a single act of creation to us, is just one infinitely small snapshot of something infinite
Religions typically do not want an enquiring, curious mindset but a mindset that is unified which is the error of them, cause an artificial union is temporary while a naturally arrived at union is permanent
So despite everything a free thinking society is actually good for religions in the long run and everyone whatever they believe in
Anyway, i'm thinking that our universe is part of the mystery of life i'm really not a spirit/matter dualist i think that dichotomy exists between spiritual spirit and spiritual matter and we create the dualisms ourselves so i have a positive view of creation which is healthy

" It doesn't make sense to me to imagine a time before creation, "

It made sense to Jesus
Old 22-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
I like the job and will do all I can to keep it.

I'm working in the NEWS industry LOL!! :)

Glad to hear your enjoying it... You'll be able to treat yourself when you get your first wage,
Old 22-05-2019, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account
I have no intention to someday merge with a flawed creator who fails his own creation. The least he could do is create a seperate reality for me where I can live on for the rest of eternity in peace without being bothered by any of his nonsense.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I have no intention to someday merge with a flawed creator who fails his own creation. The least he could do is create a seperate reality for me where I can live on for the rest of eternity in peace without being bothered by any of his nonsense.

You tell Him......

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" It doesn't make sense to me to imagine a time before creation, "

It made sense to Jesus

I wouldn't be so sure of that, many of his statements show a focus on the eternal but i'm willing to call it a matter of opinion. gnostic sources actually do clearly have Jesus saying that God exists outside of time, but that's not a gnostic trait specifically, i mean that's not what makes those texts classically gnostic. anyway, nice try!
Old 22-05-2019, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
How could you or anyone ignore me when I'm sitting directly among you? Didn't you read what I said? The truth is instantly accessible. I'm right here!!

Notice: not one person took me up on my offer to speak further on preexistence and the big bang. Sure, I expressed years of aggravation and grief but an understanding person should not be put off by it and not treat it as a barrier.

I'm pretty sure one of the greatest lies in this world comes from those who say they want to know the truth. Repeatedly, throughout my experience in this world, people in fact do not want the truth. They say they do but then the truth avails itself and things don't go any rational way.

Whatever. People will continue to reject the truth while simultaneously claiming to be seeking it. Very annoying.

Look L.N, i do read your posts but i like to get my truth direct from the source! Happy to hear your thoughts on this stuff though as we need each other i too believe people don't really want the truth... its very strange , well just one more strange thing to add to the list i guess
Old 22-05-2019, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight

that is why Jesus came, to take people to an eternity of peace and oneness
And he liked people who were not happy with the general ambience of this place. You will be in good company don't worry about that, just avoid his followers and follow him
Old 23-05-2019, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure of that, many of his statements show a focus on the eternal but i'm willing to call it a matter of opinion. gnostic sources actually do clearly have Jesus saying that God exists outside of time, but that's not a gnostic trait specifically, i mean that's not what makes those texts classically gnostic. anyway, nice try!

" anyway, nice try "

What is the meaning behind these words dm, I sense sarcasm but could be wrong.
BTW I wasn't referring to Gnostic Teachings.
Old 23-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
that is why Jesus came, to take people to an eternity of peace and oneness
And he liked people who were not happy with the general ambience of this place. You will be in good company don't worry about that, just avoid his followers and follow him

I don't know which heaven is worse. The 'christian' type where I spend an eternity of worshipping a fearsome tyrannical deity at his feet like a slave, or the 'new age' type where I am forced against my will to give up my identity and fuse with billions of other souls into some kind of horrid creature with a single consciousness of it's own. Both are nightmarish if you ask me.

Personally for me, the only perfect heaven is a life like this one without any nonsense where my few dreams finally come true.