Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Lorelyen

It doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to recognise the people we mean. They arrive here with a problem. They may have introduced themselves. Perhaps not.

People bother to consider what they're asking then try to prepare a sympathetic, meaningful reply which takes time from their day.
Some of said newbies could be trolls putting up a fake problem for mischief. It happens on fora.

Then having said their piece they disappear.

Or you get exchanges like someone has a problem. A few people reply including those who sense what the poster wants to hear. The poster only replies to those responders.

Saying thanks acknowledges that a responder has given up their time to consider that poster's feelings/problem. Small gratitudes can be worth a great deal.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Master
My posts are not just for the OP or people i've quoted but the audience in general whether they are members or lurkers.

I don't think not responding is meant to be disrespectful. And if its taken that way, then tough. Must a person address everyone that replies because of a few bruised egos even if they don't want to? Just because a person doesn't reply doesn't mean they don't feel gratitude and just because a person replies kindly doesn't mean they are sincere.
Old 17-05-2019, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
They simply may not have a good response. Or some people, not necessarily you, really don't put that much time and effort into what they say. Sometimes I get replies that seem like they didn't even read what I actually said. I attempt to find the meaning in their words, but all too often, what they say is just....missing the point. Thanking them or replying at all feels empty and shallow. Then again, I'm the kind of person who can't stand fake thanks or fake apologies.
Yes, the not reading well is another annoying one!
Old 17-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Many may read and get something from what you write. Even if there are no actual written responses. If you are sending truth out there then you are doing good.
I know, and it is a good and positive approach. Still, we're on a forum, the purpose is exchange & interaction. To illustrate, if I just want to send my truth out to do good I'll make a Podcast.
So I do agree, but I feel on a forum it's different.
Old 17-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Some people join start a post then disappear you don't see them again.you get that in most Forums.
I think its only polite to answer a post that you have responded to but it doesn't always happen,
I don't take it personally.

Namaste
I guess that's the best thing to do. Somehow it does annoy me, hihi.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael_11
I don't find it annoying so i can speak from other perspective.
I often don't get answered becouse i don't write what peoples want to hear, but what i want to say. Sometimes i make a connection and continue conversation, other times not.
So, what you want is, to make a conversation, but sometimes peoples don't want to go deep into conversation and way, that they don't believe in, so they skip you. You, waiting for you answer, can get annoyed, or accept, that maybe you don't share same vibe with OP and he wants to go things different way. You want conversation to be polite, but this forum is not about politeness at all. Its personal choice of individual, how it will react, that is the point of freedom, so i guess you will have to accept this, if you don't want to be annoyed anymore. You can also practice non-attachment.
Very true, thank you.
Must say it's not just about me not getting answered, sometimes no one gets answered.
But like you say, this forum is not about politeness. I've noticed that a lot, unfortunately, and I think that's what I find difficult.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Agree.
It's why I rarely reply to someone who has a post-count less than 5 - and those who behave in the way you describe once it's detectable.
Yes, I usually do that too, haha. But often it's regulars who do the exact same thing.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to recognise the people we mean. They arrive here with a problem. They may have introduced themselves. Perhaps not.

People bother to consider what they're asking then try to prepare a sympathetic, meaningful reply which takes time from their day.
Some of said newbies could be trolls putting up a fake problem for mischief. It happens on fora.

Then having said their piece they disappear.

Or you get exchanges like someone has a problem. A few people reply including those who sense what the poster wants to hear. The poster only replies to those responders.

Saying thanks acknowledges that a responder has given up their time to consider that poster's feelings/problem. Small gratitudes can be worth a great deal.
Indeed!
And it's not just ignoring a few responses, some OPs don't reply at all in their own topic. If you as OP don't want to get into each and every reply you can at least say "Thank you!"
Old 17-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Master
Thanks everyone for your input!
Old 17-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I try to keep my vibration up and positive and not get annoyed. But I must admit it isn't always easy. I know I shouldn't be saying that in itself but alas.
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. And what you resist persists.

What are the reasons you shouldn't be saying this? If you're being very honest with yourself and there's no harm then there's no foul, and if you move away from the 'rule of shouldn't' you'll probably find that while you're 'only human after all' you have some space to move into where your vibrations can be even more up and positive - although personally I don't like that line of reasoning. When you're fretting over 'should' you're missing out on other things/

If it's rude then what are the reasons you think it's rude and disrespectful? When you take that line of self-enquiry you find insights into yourself and the things that annoy you the most have the 'most to teach you'.

I do some web design as a hobby and one of the things that made me think that's come through recently is that people tend to have very short attention spans. Mobile phones and tablets are the culprits, scrolling has always been a 'barrier' and on mobile devices there isn't much screen room. It also comes along with social media such as short Facebook and Twitter posts, and also this being a throw-away society.

Some people just like to sit on the fringes and lurk for any number of reasons, mostly self esteem/confidence-related I'd guess, social conditioning still applies in a Spiritual forum - like manners and ethics.