Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Master
Not getting annoyed isn't always easy hihi

I try to keep my vibration up and positive and not get annoyed. But I must admit it isn't always easy. I know I shouldn't be saying that in itself but alas.
Maybe it's a pet peeve, but what annoys me greatly is the fact that so many people start a topic to ask for help, advice, insight, then others reply and the OP (original poster) never responds to that.
OR they respond to just 1 or 2 people and ignore the rest.
I find that so rude and it never ceases to amaze me that it happens so much on a spiritual forum (not in this subforum per say, in general on these boards).

Maybe others aren't bothered by this (?), it is possible that it is a thing of mine, but apart from that it is simply disrespectful to not at least acknowledge someone's reply. They put time and effort into reading the posting and helping out.

I am wondering how others deal with this? Do you simply ignore it?
I notice that I'm getting to not wanting to reply at all anymore, but then what's the point of being on a forum.
So how do you feel about this?
Old 16-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Experiencer
I don't find it annoying so i can speak from other perspective.
I often don't get answered becouse i don't write what peoples want to hear, but what i want to say. Sometimes i make a connection and continue conversation, other times not.
So, what you want is, to make a conversation, but sometimes peoples don't want to go deep into conversation and way, that they don't believe in, so they skip you. You, waiting for you answer, can get annoyed, or accept, that maybe you don't share same vibe with OP and he wants to go things different way. You want conversation to be polite, but this forum is not about politeness at all. Its personal choice of individual, how it will react, that is the point of freedom, so i guess you will have to accept this, if you don't want to be annoyed anymore. You can also practice non-attachment.
Old 16-05-2019, 04:34 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I try to keep my vibration up and positive and not get annoyed. But I must admit it isn't always easy. I know I shouldn't be saying that in itself but alas.
Maybe it's a pet peeve, but what annoys me greatly is the fact that so many people start a topic to ask for help, advice, insight, then others reply and the OP (original poster) never responds to that.
I find that so rude and it never ceases to amaze me that it happens so much on a spiritual forum (not in this subforum per say, in general on these boards).

Maybe others aren't bothered by this (?), it is possible that it is a thing of mine, but apart from that it is simply disrespectful to not at least acknowledge someone's reply. They put time and effort into reading the posting and helping out.

I am wondering how others deal with this? Do you simply ignore it?
I notice that I'm getting to not wanting to reply at all anymore, but then what's the point of being on a forum.
So how do you feel about this?

When I do write, I do try to see a post as alive. Maybe the OP are whoever walks right by it like it was a weed and not a beautiful flower. But one may come down the path and smell it's fragrance.

Other times I get long winded in the explanation and see it as a good piece so I delete it and let it go.

It's a lot like interacting in the world, there are many motives for why people do and say what they do.
To be true to ones own self and heart is all we can truly cultivate.
Old 16-05-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Many may read and get something from what you write. Even if there are no actual written responses. If you are sending truth out there then you are doing good.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Administrator
Some people join start a post then disappear you don't see them again.you get that in most Forums.
I think its only polite to answer a post that you have responded to but it doesn't always happen,
I don't take it personally.

Namaste
Old 16-05-2019, 10:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It's a lot like interacting in the world, there are many motives for why people do and say what they do.
To be true to ones own self and heart is all we can truly cultivate.
I agree with this, I try to be mindful of OP's and other's posts in general.

Sometimes I think when someone starts a thread and replies to some, I don't think it is not because they didn't acknowledge what the other's had said, I don't think what they said was being disregarded, cause I think that's what may be bothering her about it. I think the ones that they replied too it's possible that what they said resonated more.

I think the main thing that matters is to be mindful to one's heart about what they are cultivating and what they are doing to help with that~
Old 16-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Master
Hello,

I think it depends upon why someone posted to begin with.

Was it to truly seek advice, help, or other view points?
Was it just to vent?
Was it to share something?
The person may have simply forgotten that he/she posted something and moved on.

Guess have to ask the person and if no reply, perhaps it was not that big of deal for the OP.

I have responded to people and received no replies back at times. I just move on.
I have been involved in threads that seem to take on life of thier own and things may get buried in the shuffle.
I figure once I post on here it is not mine anymore and belongs to the group here.

Many reasons and one may never know the real reason if no interaction(s) takes place.

Some post to just give opions.
Some to attempt conversation.
Some to give suggestion, advice, help..
Some to share.
Atleast it is what I observe for the most part.

Can understand if taking the time to reply and feeling one is giving support, a little thanks or acknowledgement can go a long ways.

Depends on the individual, suppose.

Just my thoughts at present on this.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Agree.
It's why I rarely reply to someone who has a post-count less than 5 - and those who behave in the way you describe once it's detectable.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Master
No it does not bother me if someone does not respond to my post.
A post has to resonate, for people to respond to it, and if it doesn't that's OK.
I, myself don't respond to all post myself. I make an effort to respond to questions, yet if someone makes a statement I find there is no reason to respond to it.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Knower
They simply may not have a good response. Or some people, not necessarily you, really don't put that much time and effort into what they say. Sometimes I get replies that seem like they didn't even read what I actually said. I attempt to find the meaning in their words, but all too often, what they say is just....missing the point. Thanking them or replying at all feels empty and shallow. Then again, I'm the kind of person who can't stand fake thanks or fake apologies.