Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2019, 05:36 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life". How do you interpret what He said?

To me it does not mean "I Am is the way, the truth and the life". To me it means that Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

I see it that Christ is telling us that He is the PATH. Also that He is the DOOR. He is telling us that He is the objective and goal of life. If we follow Him then we are on the right path and we will be drawn into the Kingdom. In a way Christ was telling us that He is the meaning of life if we choose Him to be.

If you translate it physically, then you may believe it is HIM, CHRIST, SOMEONE EXTERNAL/physically separate.

If you translate it metaphorically and spiritually, people may come to conclusions or assumptions such that to know Christ is to know the Spirit of which he spoke.

And in that, is the way, the door, the truth and the life he aspired to show.

JL
Old 05-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Well, I am a God. As we all are. However I believe that somehow I have managed to 'drop' from heaven or 'fall' from grace. To me being a God is not the same as being God Himself.

I have responsibility and power but I am still limited.

I don't even know why you would think you are a God, what makes you think you are one? Maybe I could understand when you say you have 'fallen from grace or heaven', but not knowing who you were before that fall, it seems to me you could only guess that you might actually be a God for now.

I don't see any God-like people around, not even amongst the most esteemed holy people around nowadays. Everyone seems more than human to me.

What about wanting to be the best human you could be, wouldn't that be enough?

Regarding Jesus I think he is the doorkeeper in the heart, but of course that's just my personal opinion. I believe he has light when we are in the dark.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Master
Well yes we are just people. But people contain the seed of God within them. There is also the matter of responsibility. Who is ultimately responsible for me? My guess is that I am. Hence I contain the autonomy and freedom of a God within me. If we are not our own Gods then somehow we have been cheated out of our equality and our autonomy along the way.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Well yes we are just people. But people contain the seed of God within them. There is also the matter of responsibility. Who is ultimately responsible for me? My guess is that I am. Hence I contain the autonomy and freedom of a God within me. If we are not our own Gods then somehow we have been cheated out of our equality and our autonomy along the way.

Let's say we have the seed of God within us, until it's embodied and expressed it's just potential. Maybe we are potentially God's, but there is a way to go between what we are now and what we could be.

I agree we are responsible for ourselves, but if we don't know how to get from a to z then we are merely ignorant, not irresponsible or cheated.

This being human with God potential is a conundrum, better I think to find the right questions than to assume the answers.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I don't even know why you would think you are a God, what makes you think you are one? Maybe I could understand when you say you have 'fallen from grace or heaven', but not knowing who you were before that fall, it seems to me you could only guess that you might actually be a God for now.

I don't see any God-like people around, not even amongst the most esteemed holy people around nowadays. Everyone seems more than human to me.

What about wanting to be the best human you could be, wouldn't that be enough?

Regarding Jesus I think he is the doorkeeper in the heart, but of course that's just my personal opinion. I believe he has light when we are in the dark.

And who was the doorkeeper before Jesus?
What about people who have never heard of Jesus?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Let's say we have the seed of God within us, until it's embodied and expressed it's just potential. Maybe we are potentially God's, but there is a way to go between what we are now and what we could be.

I agree we are responsible for ourselves, but if we don't know how to get from a to z then we are merely ignorant, not irresponsible or cheated.

This being human with God potential is a conundrum, better I think to find the right questions than to assume the answers.

We don't have the seed of God within us, we are the seed. But it all depends how you percieve God, If you feel separate then that's another story
Old 05-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
And who was the doorkeeper before Jesus?
What about people who have never heard of Jesus?

Spiritual development seems a bit like evolution. One day no one can find the door, then one, then two, then many, then most. Natural evolution isn't exactly fair, it just is.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
We don't have the seed of God within us, we are the seed. But it all depends how you percieve God, If you feel separate then that's another story

The 'seed of God' may be us, but I see that seed as not embodied, and work must be done to embody it.

If it is true that Jesus had miraculous healing abilities (and other miraculous abilities), that is what I would expect if this 'God-seed' were embodied.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:

I don't assume any answers. The world and myself is full of unknowns. I am merely speculating.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
The 'seed of God' may be us, but I see that seed as not embodied, and work must be done to embody it.

If it is true that Jesus had miraculous healing abilities (and other miraculous abilities), that is what I would expect if this 'God-seed' were embodied.

I don't think miraculous abilities have anything to do with God seed....