Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Master

JoJo thanks for that, but could it be that God is a sexual being?
Why shouldn't there be some form of it in heaven.
I agree there is no evil in heaven only good, so i'm only thinking of what is good. maybe Jehovah God is a little more able to experience intimacy than expected.
Old 26-05-2019, 04:30 PM
Suspended
I have noticed something strange, most of us want to be spiritual, but when we're spiritual all of us want to be physical.
Because of the physical pleasures?

Genesis 6:4
The Nephʹi·lim were on the earth in those days and afterward. During that time the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and these bore sons to them. They were the mighty ones of old times, the men of fame.

I wonder if the true God also have daughters.......
Old 29-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
JoJo thanks for that, but could it be that God is a sexual being? Why shouldn't there be some form of it in heaven. I agree there is no evil in heaven only good, so i'm only thinking of what is good. maybe Jehovah God is a little more able to experience intimacy than expected.

because he made Earth for humans, the Heavens belongs to spirit beings ONLY ,(Psa. 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men). those on earth, had to be given the urge to want sex, in order to have sexual relations, in order to populate the Earth. Jehovah God did not give those in Heaven those urges. and again NO genitals, because there was NO need for it there.

also those in Heaven are called "SONS" ,(Gen. 6:2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose). these Angels made themselves man ,(having male parts), in order to mate with human women. Jehovah uses Angels in the form of men. not one scriptures ever speak of an Angel as women.

if there were sexes in Heaven, surely some would have made themselves women, in order to mate with human males. just as Jehovah made a human male to be the dominant of all on Earth. he made Angels who he sent to humans as males. again he didn't give Heavenly beings sexual parts or the urges for sex.
Old 29-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
More to the point.

However it is my personal experience that there is indeed a spiritual body & of which the spiritual body is a duplicate copy of the Earthly physical body less the anatomical reproductive organs, because the reproductive organs are useless in spirit as there is no ability to create offspring in our very essence, because there is a lack of any organic DNA in spirit.

It is also my understanding that we continue to display our male or female appearances & personalities. After all it is who we are & the way god designed us, to be individually recognizable through personality, via sight, sound & touch of our spiritual bodies.

I
& YOU KNOW WHAT...THESE THOUGHTS REALY MAKE ME "SMILE"SMILE"SMILE" & " SMILE"SMILE"SMILE" AGAIN & AGAIN...

Oddly enough these thoughts make me smile too.

If in our 'spiritual form' we don't need our genitals and therefore won't have any what about our mouths, noses, ears, digestive tracts, and all the other pertaining stuff that we won't require?

BTW I have yet to see a picture of Adam where he is without nipples and belly-button - we seem to have got ourselves into a bit of a mix as to what it - spiritual life - is all about.
Old 29-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
JoJo thanks for that, but could it be that God is a sexual being?
Why shouldn't there be some form of it in heaven.
I agree there is no evil in heaven only good, so i'm only thinking of what is good. maybe Jehovah God is a little more able to experience intimacy than expected.

Seeing that our origin, and our actual situation apart from time lies in the Spirit, and the angelic?
Several times I've read of heavenly experiences where the Experiencer noted they had no genitals, for one. Even while they had a body.

This animal/mammal situation, along with "space/time", where we find ourselves, is a result of a fall.
Humanity was told to go forth and multiply, but in Heaven there is no need.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I have noticed something strange, most of us want to be spiritual, but when we're spiritual all of us want to be physical.
Because of the physical pleasures?

Genesis 6:4
The Nephʹi·lim were on the earth in those days and afterward. During that time the sons of the true God continued to have relations with the daughters of men, and these bore sons to them. They were the mighty ones of old times, the men of fame.

I wonder if the true God also have daughters.......

You bet he does…

That quote is a bit misleading though, here's a more accurate translation (My notes in brackets):

Quote:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of the gods (the sons of the Elohim) saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants (Nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of the gods (Sons of the Elohim) came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown (Heroes, in other words, Demi-Gods).

An even more accurate translation of "bnei elohim" is Children of the Sons of the Sky. El is the same sky God as the Sumerian An, hence the Elohim is simply the Hebrew version of the Anunnaki, meaning "sons/children of the Sky (God). ". In Sumerian myth, which the Bible is based on, An has many children, both sons and daughters and even more grandchildren.

Another note is on "men of renown", which in the original Greek is Heroes, that is demi-gods, such as Heracles. This is where we get our modern version of superheroes from. For instance, Wonder Woman is the daughter of the union between a god (Zeus) and a human woman, Hippolyta. Superman is full god, because both his parents are gods, notably his father is Jor-El, and Superman's real name is Kal-El, so technically, he is an Elohim, a "Son of God". I find it really interesting how these religious and mythological themes were carried over into modern art, don't you? They have the same roots of course, the human yearning for the divine.

One more note about Wonder Woman, is that she wears the Star of Ishtar in the latest movies. This symbolizes not only the goddess Inanna-Ishtar, who was a warrior goddess that was said to have the ability to fly around and incinerate her enemies with her gaze, but was the basis for Aphrodite and was associated with the planet Venus. Everything is connected, if you dig deep enough...
Old 30-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Oddly enough these thoughts make me smile too.

If in our 'spiritual form' we don't need our genitals and therefore won't have any what about our mouths, noses, ears, digestive tracts, and all the other pertaining stuff that we won't require?

BTW I have yet to see a picture of Adam where he is without nipples and belly-button - we seem to have got ourselves into a bit of a mix as to what it - spiritual life - is all about.

"We" as the Soul being, are not the spiritual body, we as the soul being do only EMANATE a spiritual body, the spiritual body is not nessesary for a soul being to exist, same is true for the earthly physical body, we do not need "it" for existence.

& we only need the earthly body & life so that we can be given our one & only personal identity & life from our parents & of which we will have from then on.
& the other reason is so that we can create children of our own of which we can not do anywhere else other than in the organic.

Of course we need the eyes, ears, nose mouth & limbs, except for the internal organs including the digestive tract, of the spiritual body, they are all a nessesity so that we can be visually recognized by other spiritual beings & react with them...."eye to eye" so to speak. & also so that we can interact with our surroundings of the heavens.

Regarding Adam having nipples & a navel in pictorial representations of him...those representations are from the thoughts of the people/Earthlings who made them.

By the way, you first paragraph above, was not nessesary.

Last edited by neil : 30-05-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 30-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
"We" as the Soul being, are not the spiritual body, we as the soul being do only EMANATE a spiritual body, the spiritual body is not nessesary for a soul being to exist, same is true for the earthly physical body, we do not need "it" for existence.

& we only need the earthly body & life so that we can be given our one & only personal identity & life from our parents & of which we will have from then on.
& the other reason is so that we can create children of our own of which we can not do anywhere else other than in the organic.

Of course we need the eyes, ears, nose mouth & limbs, except for the internal organs including the digestive tract, of the spiritual body, they are all a nessesity so that we can be visually recognized by other spiritual beings & react with them...."eye to eye" so to speak. & also so that we can interact with our surroundings of the heavens.

Regarding Adam having nipples & a navel in pictorial representations of him...those representations are from the thoughts of the people/Earthlings who made them.

By the way, you first paragraph above, was not nessesary.

I'm sorry if my first paragraph disturbed you in any way. Nevertheless it appears to me to be quite a normal reaction just as you yourself found something to smile about.

Is it not rather a weak argument that we need eyes and all the rest of our paraphernalia (in astral form or whatever) just to be recognised by other spiritual beings? Today, in life I am not recognised by one-time neighbours (at my age I mean) and there are plenty of people (in bodies) who have changed so much in their appearance that they could be strangers. I personally can imagine we'll have a lot of better (more important) things to do than chat about old times.

I cannot conceive of an 'after life' state or condition where we 'all get together again', my personal experience tells me this just as your personal experience tell you the opposite. So we'd need to meet somewhere in the middle I suppose.

However, this constant 'we are spiritual beings occupying a material body' is very confusing. It seems so simple, even sufficient enough in itself to give a clear picture to some people, But I've never noticed - and I've tried hard enough. When I think of what we would all look like if we saw each other only as 'souls' and considering the state or condition some of them would be in I'd be heading straight for the other-world mental institution.