Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thanks, Miss H. A poignant story indeed.

Regarding kechari mudra, I cannot do full kechari but I recently read the book on Kriya Yoga
by Ennio Nimis (available free on his website), where he describes doing a preparatory process called Talabya Kriya
for three months, after which he succeeded in doing full kechari.
And to think this was secret, esoteric knowledge held only by the Guru...and to receive the knowledge of this
technique was given after much ta do.

And Paramahansa Yogananda never even taught it, tho, it was given from Babaji to Lahiri...
thought it too much for us Westerners. Ha....Look at us now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Ah, the meditation on the True Name of God, the Sat Naam....
a whole other thread would be needed for THAT!

The book Naam or Word, by Kirpal Singh is a great book for this group,
I say again.
Covers Amrita, too.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-04-2019, 11:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And to think this was secret, esoteric knowledge held only by the Guru...and to receive the knowledge of this
technique was given after much ta do.

And Paramahansa Yogananda never even taught it, tho, it was given from Babaji to Lahiri...
thought it too much for us Westerners. Ha....Look at us now.

Indeed. Ennio Nimis was motivated by the desire to clear up all the confusion over different teachers teaching different practices all in the name of Kriya Yoga. But I suppose Yogananda was teaching in a very different time.

Al alternative to Talabya Kriya is to wrap the tongue in a cloth (Theos Bernard recommends using silk) and gently pull the tongue to stretch the lingual frenulum/frenum underneath the tongue. Lahiri Mahasaya strongly discouraged cutting the frenulum, which some people do to attain full kechari.

Interestingly enough (going back to the original topic) Theos Bernard reports that when he first succeeded in doing full kechari then saliva became a big problem, which contradicts the earlier reply I copied!!

Peace.
Old 27-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Suspended
Quote:
I've always associated zikr (or dhikr) with Sufism. The word means remembrance, and usually involves the use of a mantra such as Allah. On a deeper level we can consider zikr as meditation on the true Name of God. No connection with any violence.

First you do the zikr and then the zikr does you.”— Sufi saying

Peace.
Due to meditation I am experiencing stronger emotional feelings such as love/fun but also hate/anger, off course I'm doing my best to ignore the last, not to feed those thoughts, did something went wrong, explanation, advice, comments?
Old 27-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Indeed. Ennio Nimis was motivated by the desire to clear up all the confusion over different teachers teaching different practices all in the name of Kriya Yoga. But I suppose Yogananda was teaching in a very different time.

Al alternative to Talabya Kriya is to wrap the tongue in a cloth (Theos Bernard recommends using silk) and gently pull the tongue to stretch the lingual frenulum/frenum underneath the tongue. Lahiri Mahasaya strongly discouraged cutting the frenulum, which some people do to attain full kechari.

Interestingly enough (going back to the original topic) Theos Bernard reports that when he first succeeded in doing full kechari then saliva became a big problem, which contradicts the earlier reply I copied!!

Peace.

Have you engaged in this method ...?

Old 27-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Due to meditation I am experiencing stronger emotional feelings such as love/fun but also hate/anger, off course I'm doing my best to ignore the last, not to feed those thoughts, did something went wrong, explanation, advice, comments?

I would not say that something has gone wrong. In everyday waking life our consciousness is drawn outwards to the movement of form. When we sit down to meditate then we shut out these external distractions. This means that we are sitting with our thoughts and our feelings, and we cannot escape them. So we become more aware of them.

Sitting in meditation as the witness we see our inner states more clearly. It is as if we have been looking at a photograph with our faces pressed close to the image - all we see is a blur of shapes and colours. If we pull our face back from the photograph then it comes into focus and we see the image more clearly. Meditation is a bit like this process of standing back from the image, and we begin to see clearly what has always been there.

So meditation usually means that we become more aware of our mental patterns and emotional processes. This can be a difficult stage, because we discover we have all these thoughts and feelings going on, with little control over them.

It gets easier as we continue, because we discover that quiet centre within where the witness rests, observing all the internal movement. Consciousness rests in the witness state, rather than identifying with all the thoughts and feelings. Then we begin to find our own inner stillness.

Peace.
Old 27-04-2019, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Have you engaged in this method ...?

I have been using baby kechari (tongue rolled back to the soft palate) for years, but I had never really considered that full kechari was something I could do. It has only been in the past couple of weeks that I have read about these methods (Talabya Kriya and pulling the tongue), and I intend to give them a go.

Even with daily practice it may take some months, but success in yoga is often a gradual achievement. Steady persistence is required.

Peace.
Old 27-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Quote:
....and I intend to give them a go.
Even with daily practice it may take some months, but success in yoga is
often a gradual achievement. Steady persistence is required.
Please, NO.
As you said, daily practice, gradual achievement. Steady persistence.

It is grace, that will aid you to reach your goal of tasting amrita, amrit, nectar, or manna, or living waters...by many names.

I don't know how to describe how artificial... forced... those descriptions are that have been suggested for decades...they
are coming from people that do not know the holy subtleties of the inner connection of the heart and soul...then,
to have grace, a supernatural spiritual event take over.

Please, let God Himself or as some say, your Higher Self lead you.

The journey itself is sweet...please, let the natural course take place like a flower blooming.
Never let impatience take over this inner Path.

My input.

Old 27-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingexpert
Hi all

This might be a bit gross but-

For a while now I have had this happen when meditating, I can't seem to relax my jaw and I constantly produce saliva which I need to swallow. For the most part I just solider on but I'm wondering if anyone else had this and if they know why?

LOL me, I have the same issue and it's something I used to try hard not to worry about when in meditation classes urgh me drooling. If I start the swallowing thing up, I just keep needing to swallow (the more I think about it, the worst it causes it to get).
Old 27-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Please, NO.
As you said, daily practice, gradual achievement. Steady persistence.

It is grace, that will aid you to reach your goal of tasting amrita, amrit, nectar, or manna, or living waters...by many names.

I don't know how to describe how artificial... forced... those descriptions are that have been suggested for decades...they
are coming from people that do not know the holy subtleties of the inner connection of the heart and soul...then,
to have grace, a supernatural spiritual event take over.

Please, let God Himself or as some say, your Higher Self lead you.

The journey itself is sweet...please, let the natural course take place like a flower blooming.
Never let impatience take over this inner Path.

My input.

I wish there was a like button for this post