Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-05-2019, 06:47 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
Everything mercilessly has a meaning. I have to make an effort to assert boundaries for the sake of my mind. If I'm walking down the street and I hear or see something (the eyes and ears are gates) I have to contend with spirit, spiritual orchestration, influence, manipulation, communication, sign, symbol, trigger, provocation, meaning, etc.. which keeps me as a puppet on strings and causes me so much aggravation and frustration that it takes serious effort to push things out of my awareness. They will still be there but I've been able to push things aside so that it does not dominate my focus and attention.

It doesn't even have to be walking outside. It can be an email, a piece of junk mail, an advertisement, a direct spiritual message in telepathic form, overhearing people talk, a car or train horn, any environmental sound, the rain, a bird, a beam of sunlight, a color, a number, a word, a doppelganger, etc..

It's constant.

To me, spirit is the most profane thing there is.

And then there are those who would say that nothing has meaning but that which we assign to it, until then, things just are. And to take if further, there are those who would say that no "things" exist until we create them within our own consciousness. We are casting judgements on a creation of our own making, a world within ourselves. Praising or condemning the myriad created things not based on their inherent virtues (if they even have such), but based on the meanings we assign to them. We are perhase not so much judging a world out there, but rather judging ourselves and our own beliefs made manifest.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There are so many influences at work which seem to stop life being spiritual. It is like I exist within a void which repels light. In many ways life seems very profane.

How do you manage to keep your life spiritual? Do you find it comes naturally? With me it is a constant struggle.
As much as I would like to agree with some, being "spiritually awakened" does NOT mean your life is gonna be "blissful ever after".

Sure, you will feel those times of profound insight and incredible love, interspersed with "Hey, it's YOUR turn to do the laundry...I did it yesterday".

We still find ourselves in exactly the same situations as before when we were "chopping wood and carrying water" however, when a log falls on our foot, we can see that maybe we are carrying way too many logs...instead of blaming the log for making one's foot hurt...it is all a matter of perspective.

I manage to find half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening for quiet reflection...the rest of the day it is like a menagerie and quite often, a synchronicity will come through which serves as a reminder.."remember ME? I am still here waiting for you to show up".

I tend to be like a Black Hole which absorbs Light, but I can never seem to hold onto any of it...it just blasts straight through and out the other side without even touching the sides...leaving me to go "well, if that was enlightenment, I am over it".
Old 04-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. If you define what is Spiritual, by extension you define what is not Spiritual. Oh, and 'profane' and 'light'.

Life hasn't stopped being Spiritual, you've chosen to stop seeing it.
I very much agree. Here's an example. In the past few years. I started becoming very fond of wildflowers. From time to time if I find a new "weed" growing in my yard, I will let it grow to see what it is. Most often it's just a typical weed. But sometimes I get what I call a little gift of thank for caring. Over time I have a really nice collection of wildflowers. A new one comes along every year.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Master
This is this year's gift. if anyone knows what kind of flower it is, I would love to know

Last edited by hallow : 30-07-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Master
Love is harmony, even in discord. So how can harmony and discord coexist? Duality are different expressions
of the one thing. Most people have a fragmented view of life, they compartmentalize everything. Put a label
on how the one expresses itself and call those expressions "spiritual" and that expression "not spiritual." Spirit
is omnipresent, it permeates and exists everywhere. A wholistic point of view does not fragment life into the
names that we impose on it. For me life is for learning and spirit puts things in front of me to learn from, things
that I may call "good or bad," nonetheless, are there to help me grow spiritually, and I am often tested to see
how much I have, or have not, grown.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 AM
janielee

Thanks Starman, your presence and kind example is deeply appreciated by this one.

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
This is this year's gift. if anyone knows what kind of flower it is, I would love to know

I do not know, but it is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. (It reminds me a little of a blue bell’s shape.)
Old 05-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:

Clematis Montana. I have one white and the other like yours
Old 09-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Pathfinder

I agree with OP, but its all about perspective for, i have times where i see the universe as one and there are times that i just think this is all **, you can make it up to be whatever you like and thats kind of the beauty in life
Old 10-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I very much agree. Here's an example. In the past few years. I started becoming very fond of wildflowers. From time to time if I find a new "weed" growing in my yard, I will let it grow to see what it is. Most often it's just a typical weed. But sometimes I get what I call a little gift of thank for caring. Over time I have a really nice collection of wildflowers. A new one comes along every year.
Many years ago I asked myself, "If I call myself Spiritual, what am I doing?" It's not a Spiritual Journey it's my Journey so I can own it if I want to. I'm not a Spiritual person I am a person who is Spiritual. Everything is Spiritual and even the bad guys have Souls. And if I find weeds pretty I find weeds pretty, there are other creatures in nature that find them pretty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Most people have a fragmented view of life, they compartmentalize everything. Put a label on how the one expresses itself and call those expressions "spiritual" and that expression "not spiritual."
Or are they running away from something?