Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Seeker

meditating for energy?

when I meditate, I focus on raising the amount of energy in my body. I have made a lot of progress with this; I can make almost any part of my body hum with energy. I achieved this through intent and concentration. when I meditate for a long time, I feel as if my arms have expanded to become as big as the room i'm sitting in, but nothing has come from that sensation. now I must ask myself: what's next? can I use this energy to cultivate an ability? or have I been wasting my time?
[any tips or guidance is appreciated. :) i have meditated on my chakras, but only managed to make them hum with energy.]
Old 16-03-2019, 01:32 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Meditation is excellent for an energy boost, especially if you perform it out in nature. Personally, when I meditate up in the mountains I can perceive the birds above me and in the trees.
Old 21-03-2019, 01:11 AM
Experiencer
Maybe you want to consider learning more about qigong, internal energy work, etc. Robert Bruce writes from a very practical perspective. Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming has written a lot regarding Chinese traditions of qigong and other practices. A guy named Lee Holden is one example of someone has done lots of videos where he leads you through a particular exercise involving qigong or tai chi or something along those lines. There are videos on youtube of Steven Ridley going through different qigong sequences that are easy to follow.

There are a lot of specific practices that you can get examples of, but I think what's most helpful is to then use those examples to become more creative in the way you use and relate to the practice, making it more your own. You can do any of the things you're suggesting, you can accrue energy, you can release energy, you can do anything you can imagine with it. Breath work can help enhance/speed things along if you're feeling stuck in your meditation/energy work practice. Just keep exploring, and as much as possible keep your center throughout the experience. Breath awareness is real helpful, but there are lots of other ways to stillness, everything is individual.

And with abilities (you can look up "siddhis" if you're curious), usually it's believed that those who intentionally set out to attain them, never do. The Taoist phrase "Desireless, one sees the mystery. Desiring, one sees only the manifestation." But with meditation and deep stillness and heart-centeredness, along with significant qigong and/or who knows what else, anything might be possible. You just have to come at it from the sides...

very best of luck to you with your practice(s)!
Old 23-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by solofff
when I meditate, I focus on raising the amount of energy in my body. I have made a lot of progress with this; I can make almost any part of my body hum with energy. I achieved this through intent and concentration. when I meditate for a long time, I feel as if my arms have expanded to become as big as the room i'm sitting in, but nothing has come from that sensation.

Why do you want to raise the amount of energy in your body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofff
now I must ask myself: what's next? can I use this energy to cultivate an ability? or have I been wasting my time?
[any tips or guidance is appreciated. :) i have meditated on my chakras, but only managed to make them hum with energy.

Why do you think you need to do this?

There are many goals for meditation - just curious what yours is. Someone had a great "benefits/reasons to meditate" thread years ago - somewhere here. Might be worth reviving. I'll have a look for it.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Seeker

Sounds like you're really in tune :) I sometimes feel energy as I focus on parts of my body
Old 14-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi, what,why are you trying to control??
Old 18-06-2019, 09:57 AM

in order to control energies you have to create energies...i call this energy soul moving because this energy feels like it. With soul moving you create energy inside of you and you can manipulate other energies within your body. To see what this energy is( soul moving) you can focus unfocus your eyes.that is what it fees like. Then you start to soul move within the body the further you go away from the head the hardest it is. I cannot help you boyond that but every energy that the body creates you can manipulate it with soul moving even pain. Good luck
Old 18-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Master
The more energy you get the narrower the path becomes, so remaining open and allowing energy to flow through
you is very important. If you just build it up and store it there is a risk of all that energy going to your mind/ego
or feeding some desire that could adversely affect your behavior. Have you become hyperactive, etc.

Energy work is great if you are allowing it to flow through you, you can use it for healing others, you can use it to
heal your self, or to raise your own consciousness; there are many things that and abundance of energy can be used for.
The energy of life is neutral, it is us who determines whether it will be used for good or ill. keep in mind this energy is alive.

I would suggest that you let the flow of energy guide you as to what you can do with it. Intuitively you can find out
what your particular service will be with this abundance of energy. Commune with this energy in inner silence, humbly
go into it with and open mind, ask for guidance, and it may show you, in no particular way, how it can be used.
Old 18-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Seeker

you can charge your body with that energy and heal yourself easily in that state. you can heal others using that energy as well. you can also manifest physical things with that energy : )