Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 14-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Marie_O

Meeting People During Astral Projection...?

Hello all. I'm new here and am looking for some information, if that's ok. I've been experiencing something for a while that I think is astral projection. But more than that, I think I keep meeting up with a certain person. This is a person that I used to know and have kind of a weird connection with (nothing dramatic, just an old long-time friend). Does that happen? Can you meet up with people and have experiences with them? Please don't chase me out of here with forum troll spray; I swear I'm not making this up lol.

These experiences with this person are different from dreams. I can't explain how, I just know that I know the difference by the way it feels. I have dreams about this person once in a while, but then I have these other experiences that are more like meetings. There was a time where I figured I was probably just crazy (lol), but then I had an experience that I really couldn't deny or explain, and so now I'm just trying to understand it better.

I had what I knew was an experience (as opposed to a dream) when I felt sort of...pulled to a location. I didn't know where I was, but I saw this woman (she's actually connected in real life to the person I usually have these experiences with). It was obvious that she was waiting for me as though we had planned to meet. So, I went up to her and she began to show me around. We were in a park, but I didn't recognize it. We had a conversation; she did most of the talking, and I just looked around a lot and tried to figure out what was going on and why I was there with her. Off to the side and sort of in the distance, I noticed some weird structures that were like buildings, but not quite. We walked along a lake, we sat at a picnic table; she was friendly and kind - almost like she knew she'd have to show me around this strange place and she was happy to do so. After what felt like a long time, I asked her where we were, and she said "Kennebec!" I'd never heard of it and thought it must've been an area in her country (she's in BC, Canada, I'm in the US). When I woke up, Kennebec was so loud in my mind that I decided to look it up, and nothing came up in a search for Kennebec, BC, Canada. I found out that Kennebec is in WA (a state I've felt pulled to in a ridiculous way for a year or two now, for reasons that I can't even guess), and there's a park there. I did a google image search for the park and saw all the places I'd just walked with this woman while I was asleep. I saw the exact picnic table in the exact same surroundings; I saw the lake or river we'd just walked on with the same bridge and the same odd shape of the lake/river. I saw those oddly shaped building-like structures - it was a playground made of wood that sort of resembled a castle, but not really. I was there.

Most of these experiences occur in places I can't identify with any kind of internet search, but they're just the same. The communication is usually clearer because it's more...intense, for lack of a better word. So, does this happen? Is this astral projection? If you think I'm crazy, that's ok, but please be gentle lol. Some of the experiences I've had with these meetings have clued me in to information that I didn't know in my waking life, but turned out to be true, which was alarming to say the least, but it means that I'm at least not confusing this with regular ol' dreaming. So, I'm just trying to understand. If someone can point me to some reading that covers this specific aspect of astral projection (if that's what it is), I'd be very grateful. Any other insight would be appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

Marie
Old 14-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Marie_O

As it is, that was a long post, but I wanted to add something. I know pretty much nothing about this topic, and that's because it scares me. I've heard scary little bits here and there, and so it's something I've stayed away from. Please don't say something scary. I'll never sleep again. lol
Old 14-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Master
Typically I would not say something is Astral Projection unless you can recall either leaving your body and entering the Astral planes, or leaving the astral planes and re-entering your body. Dreams are unconscious Astral Projection though, at least some of them for sure. What you experienced sounds something like remote viewing, did you ever see any of your actual body during the trip? Lastly about the girl the astral/spirit worlds are a place of shapelessness. Almost any entity can take any shape it wishes and almost all entities are highly telepathic. So to put it plainly I honestly doubt it was the consciousness of the actual girl. It was most likely an entity that read your mind and knew that taking the form of this girl would make accepting the dream a lot easier for you.

So was it Astral Projection? perhaps it is impossible to say really. But it was definitely a dream that showed you something real. Like I said before though I am pretty sure it wasn't the actual girl showing it to you, it was an entity who took the form of the girl so you would not have your guard up as much. It could of been one of your guides being that is what the person was doing - guiding you.
Old 15-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Marie_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Typically I would not say something is Astral Projection unless you can recall either leaving your body and entering the Astral planes, or leaving the astral planes and re-entering your body. Dreams are unconscious Astral Projection though, at least some of them for sure. What you experienced sounds something like remote viewing, did you ever see any of your actual body during the trip? Lastly about the girl the astral/spirit worlds are a place of shapelessness. Almost any entity can take any shape it wishes and almost all entities are highly telepathic. So to put it plainly I honestly doubt it was the consciousness of the actual girl. It was most likely an entity that read your mind and knew that taking the form of this girl would make accepting the dream a lot easier for you.

So was it Astral Projection? perhaps it is impossible to say really. But it was definitely a dream that showed you something real. Like I said before though I am pretty sure it wasn't the actual girl showing it to you, it was an entity who took the form of the girl so you would not have your guard up as much. It could of been one of your guides being that is what the person was doing - guiding you.

You've given me a lot to think about, thanks.

I'm not sure if I would know if I was leaving or entering my body or the astral plane. How would a person describe that? I know that anytime I've arrived at what feels like an experience, I feel like I arrive at the places aburptly, and leaving feels even more abrupt, even when I'm aware of making a decision to leave. It's like getting up to walk out of a room, but being so aware of it that doing it is jarring; entering these situations feels the same way. That's the best way I can describe it. I haven't ever seen my own body as if on a movie screen, if that's what you mean. I always see as we all do with our eyes: outward. I've looked down and seen my legs and arms before, but never my face.

The woman from the Kennebec thing...it's weird for anyone to have chosen her form as one for my viewing because although she is connected to my old friend, I've never actually met her and don't know her. I've just seen a couple pictures. If it really was what you're thinking, that kinda blows my mind and makes it even more confusing lol. It was confusing just thinking that I may have been interacting with her as herself lol.

Ok, maybe I need to do some reading on this topic of astral projection. Can you recommend something? I've always kind of avoided it because I don't want to read about possibly getting stuck or being attacked; I don't want to be scared of it. And I don't want to do astral projection on purpose. I guess I just want to understand what I've been experiencing, and I thought for sure it must've been astral projection. Is there something I can read that's not instructional? Or something that talks about meeting up with others via AP, even if it is instructional?

Thanks again.
Old 15-04-2012, 04:10 PM
embrace

Depends on how you define astral projection...Some say astral projection is the same thing as dream.