Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Master

Is Trump a Christian?

As he occasionally invokes the word 'God' into his utterances and speeches can he be said to be a Christian?
Old 15-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
As he occasionally invokes the word 'God' into his utterances and speeches can he be said to be a Christian?

The answer to your question has to be No.
As far as I know ALL faiths have a "God" so if we look at it from your point of view,Trump could be a Muslim or a Hindu or a Hare Krishna and I could go on and on.Lots of pagan Gods too.
Old 15-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Gracey

I have heard him say that he is Presbyterian. That was awhile ago.
Old 15-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Pathfinder
I always thought he was a Christian, or at least professed to be one, but I could be wrong. I don't see why he can't be a Christian. All people, Christians included are capable of good and bad, and being a Christian just means you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Actions can still be either way of the lifestyle whether right or wrong.
Old 15-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Master
it might be easier to go to the source and ask there:
"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me" ~ John 10:14
Old 16-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Master

My question was of course based on the assumption that a Christian who holds such power would want to help the oppressed, the poor and those millions who need help - instead of threatening and bombing them. Were I a man of great power and influence, without in any way professing or even wanting to be a Christian, I'd do everything possible to assist these downtrodden peoples in every way.
A hand offered would do more good than harm, washing another's feet is the pinnacle of love. There are plenty of instances in the Bible that show Christians the way. If we are to have world peace then this thing called unconditional love will have to come into play. It will have to happen at some time even if it arises out of ashes.
So let's hope that Trump as a Presbyterian (if that's the case), will wallow in goodness and charity.

There's no one else to do it at the moment.
Old 16-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Ascender

Quote:
My question was of course based on the assumption that a Christian who holds such power would want to help the oppressed, the poor and those millions who need help - instead of threatening and bombing them. Were I a man of great power and influence, without in any way professing or even wanting to be a Christian, I'd do everything possible to assist these downtrodden peoples in every way.
A hand offered would do more good than harm, washing another's feet is the pinnacle of love. There are plenty of instances in the Bible that show Christians the way. If we are to have world peace then this thing called unconditional love will have to come into play. It will have to happen at some time even if it arises out of ashes.
So let's hope that Trump as a Presbyterian (if that's the case), will wallow in goodness and charity.

There's no one else to do it at the moment.
Yes,It would be nice to see someone in power do it but most of the people in power are there because of politic's which is not based on unconditional love.

I don't know much about Mahatma Gandhi but I believe he shared your vision.
The other sad truth is that all of the popes from the very first one had power but they failed to bring about unconditional love and I'm not blaming the popes or anyone,,,I'm just stating that the church had power but still could not bring this much needed change to the world.

The truth is that power corrupts even the most pure,,there are many stories of great spiritual teachers getting sucked into the world of luxury.
I don't believe any individual leader can do it...perhaps an army of individuals,,a bit like the knights of the round table without a King Arthur.

I think our current pope is on the right track but he has his haters even in his own religion which is nuts!
Old 16-05-2018, 05:40 PM
kjw47

Quote:

No he is not. The followers of Jesus were told to be no part of this world--He has his hat in all of it. Especially the corrupt govts of men.2Peter 2:19)
Old 16-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
No he is not. The followers of Jesus were told to be no part of this world--He has his hat in all of it. Especially the corrupt govts of men.2Peter 2:19)

To live in this world you have to be part of it, if you are not part of it you cannot help others.

I remember something Jesus said......

'Judge not, and you will not be judged ' remember.....
Old 16-05-2018, 11:04 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
To live in this world you have to be part of it, if you are not part of it you cannot help others.

I remember something Jesus said......

'Judge not, and you will not be judged ' remember.....

the govts of men have allready been judged-2Peter 2:19, Dan 2:44.
Jesus also said--satan is the ruler of this world. God allows govts, but not one does his will.
Did you see at Rev 16--EVERY kingdom( govt,armies,supporters) on this earth, will be mislead to stand in opposition to Jesus--they are now as well.
34,000 religions claiming to be Christian--one has Jesus.
Closed Thread