Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Master
[quote=starnight1So, finally , all I need to do is staying as the same, no change, nothing to do....
just accept and enjoy the current situation as whatever it is......since it is Source wanted me to "experience" in this incarnation.....if I want too much , that is from my disbelief the ego and duality mind.[/QUOTE]
The idea that Source' just 'wanted' or 'wants' you to experience what you call 'the' current situation strikes me as being a personal is a projection/belief that is every bit as questionable (in terms of whether it makes sense to think of that as being 'the truth' about 'reality') as the idea (which others have) that 'God' 'wants' 'obedience' and/or 'surrender' to His/Her/Its 'will'.

Riddle me this: If 'Source' didn't 'care' what It experienced (through you, me, etc.) why would It have bothered to 'create' 'the world' of 'duality' in the first place. Just to 'twiddle' its 'thumbs' in roll-of-the-dice 'random' fashion?

What if the 'Essence' of "Source" is something like "LOVE and JOY" and it 'created' 'the world' in order to (in due cousre) maximize Its expression and experience of "LOVE and JOY"?

So It doesn't really 'want' you to passively 'live' in an UNloving and UNjoyful state, or a minimally loving and joyful state. Said idea is conceivable and so may at least be worth contemplating, aye what?

This is not to say that 'wanting' too much (i.e. more than is is 'available' at any point) is the the best way to go, mind you. That 'way' will lead to 'greater' dissatisfaction and disappointment, i.e. UNloving and UNjoyful UNhappiness (for 'you' and 'Source')!.

From what I once wrote:
"More than two and a half thousand years ago in what is now India, pondering the human predicament in light of what was then and there believed and known, the one most have since called Buddha, because distress was so pervasive, ‘saw’ suffering as a central feature of earthly Life, and, because people were generally so selfish in aspiration, identified desire itself as the root-cause of such condition. Consequently, as a first order of business, he counseled a nirvanic state be sought wherein desire is renounced and, if not relinquished completely, at least held in abeyance.

But, though extremely beneficial in many ways, such advice is partial and therefore deficient unless there’s complementary learning. Because it focuses on the problem of suffering and ways to bring about its cessation, those who ‘religiously’ attend to it frequently end up giving short shrift to what is equally, if not more important: the why
and wherefore of creative proficiency and joyful expression. While it is true that much that is of negative consequence can be prevented or, at least, overcome by relinquishment of desire, we won’t bring about, and so won’t enjoy, ‘greater’ goodness unless we comprehend and learn to constructively channel the dynamic of Creativity.

Since Life is Creativity and Creativity is causal purpose in action, desirelessness is far from being an optimal goal (assuming such a state could actually be sustained, it would be totally Life-denying!). It is therefore important that we recognize that focusing on extinguishing desire, more than as a temporary exercise which enables us to develop the equanimity necessary to stop ourselves from being swayed by instinct, since other creatively crucial tasks—namely, developing and extending our capacity for constructive relationship and beneficent generativity—are then neglected, may not only be a waste of precious vitality, but result in atrophy and be crippling in effect in the long run.

For Life to flower and be more fruitful, desire must be discriminatingly refined and selectively accentuated. That is, what we desire and how we go about trying to attain it must be beneficially altered by greater awareness and understanding of the unitary nature and psychospiritual dynamic of Being.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
Living in this non duality consciousness, feel so hard to make a decision....
for example, I want to become a better person earn more money, more successful, more attractive.
then I realize I m non duality being,i don't need to become a better person don't need to earn more money or more attractive.
because who I m right now is also a version of the Oneness,Oneness chosed this way to experience the earth life to be poor and unattractive.

If I want to be more successful more money more attractive, that can be fulfilled too, and in other versions of me I m already that way.

So, finally , all I need to do is staying as the same, no change, nothing to do....
just accept and enjoy the current situation as whatever it is......since it is Source wanted me to "experience" in this incarnation.....if I want too much , that is from my disbelief the ego and duality mind.

How do u think?

Thank u。

Excellent ! That is the best question I've heard by far on the Non Duality Section ! Well done if i may be so bold to congratulate you on posing it ! 'Blessed are the Poor' for they shall see the Kingdom of Heaven in this very life time. I know Davidsun will like that quote and perhaps agree with it ? There is immense posing and posturing going on, and if you were to take away most of these 'awakened' beings possessions they would crumble pretty fast, they are the ones that are posing not you. I'm not so sure how your destiny will unfold but i wish you well in that. All the best.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 07-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
Living in this non duality consciousness, feel so hard to make a decision....
for example, I want to become a better person earn more money, more successful, more attractive.
then I realize I m non duality being,i don't need to become a better person don't need to earn more money or more attractive.
because who I m right now is also a version of the Oneness,Oneness chosed this way to experience the earth life to be poor and unattractive.

If I want to be more successful more money more attractive, that can be fulfilled too, and in other versions of me I m already that way.

So, finally , all I need to do is staying as the same, no change, nothing to do....
just accept and enjoy the current situation as whatever it is......since it is Source wanted me to "experience" in this incarnation.....if I want too much , that is from my disbelief the ego and duality mind.

How do u think?

Thank u。

I think that is successful and attractive.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
'Blessed are the Poor' for they shall see the Kingdom of Heaven in this very life time. I know Davidsun will like that quote and perhaps agree with it ? There is immense posing and posturing going on, and if you were to take away most of these 'awakened' beings possessions they would crumble pretty fast, they are the ones that are posing not you. ...
I think whether you have more (i.e. are 'rich') or less (i.e. are 'poor') of this or that asset is not a decisive factor in the foregoing regard; its just that 'rich' (outwardly beautiful, powerful, talented, etc.) folks often get 'attached' to and so 'identify' with what they regard as being their 'possessions'. Hence the saying "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (the Aramaic word-symbol for 'rope' looks very much like and so was mistranslated as 'camel' by the way ). Also, by the way, many 'poor' people also get caught up in being hellishly 'jealous' of and so 'pining' for said 'possessions' - the statement of Jesus' which Joe quotes 'romanticizes' being 'poor' and so is (politically a tad) 'left'-leaning, IMO.

Here's more from the writing I mentioned having done which illuminates (I think) the issue at and:
"Every developing soul encounters this ‘problem’ many times over—it presents itself in a variety of guises as we proceed. The more intelligent and sensitive we become, the more subtly discriminating and refined the ways in which we conceive that we, others and situational circumstance would be more ideal. And, because we can then also more imaginatively envision and more inventively pursue their actualization, we become more prone to getting caught up (or ‘lost’) in yearning for and lusting after such [u]conceptions[/] of ‘greater’ goodness and, because it appears pale in contrast, to not appreciate and so not lovingly act to enhance what IS; in the extreme, to denigrate and disparage it as having no inherent goodness and value at all. …

The ‘solution’, in each and every case, lies in becoming aware of how fixation on particular ideals and derivative experience of disappointment and dissatisfaction cut us off from perceiving, relishing and creatively dealing with the exquisite ISness of Being and Becoming that is Ever-Present and Ever-Ongoing in ourselves, others and the world around us, and therefore diligently identifying and choosing to emotionally decathect from and transcend such personal fancies and aversions and associated conditioning. Only if and as we stop holding onto particular likes and dislikes and jettison negative attitudes deriving from consequent experience of disappointment and dissatisfaction do we rediscover and revive what was lost when we emerged from the simplicity of naiveté—the paradisiacal state enjoyed by Adam and Eve before they ‘fell’ from grace, in the Garden of Eden.

Many don’t make the grade when ‘tested’, however. Because they are mentally and emotionally fixated on pursuing and avoiding, respectively, personal fancies and aversions, and have become jaundiced by consequent suffering of disappointment and dissatisfaction, they fail to see, appreciate and make the most of things as they really are, and so don’t progress to a ‘higher’ level of experience and actualization. Though brilliant breakthroughs of Intelligence periodically reillumine and lead to full realization of the fact that each and every being is an expressive aspect of Creativity (THAT which has been referred to as God, championed as the one and only Absolute Good, and extolled as the Origin, Essence and Eternal Home of all BEING), only those who have developed sufficient understanding of and faith in the amplitude and adequacy of Life’s process to unambivalently embrace and constructively deal with the ‘world’ of their perception and experience, however deficient or terrible aspects of it may seem, are then able to cast aside and divest themselves of the veil of pejorative judgmentalism that otherwise entangles the human psyche in disappointment and dissatisfaction and causes it to become enmeshed in a state of angst and unhappiness.

Comprehending the fact that the power and vitality of Creativity are ubiquitous and eternally ongoing, and that they, others and everything that happens are integral features of Its glorious expression, they recognize their idealization and corresponding awfulization fantasies to be the delusional constructs that they really are, and choose to psychospiritually disengage from any judgment or ‘sense’ that any attribute or circumstance of Life is ‘not good enough’ or ‘too bad’ to accept and creatively deal with. With a transcendentally positive attitude, they embrace and dedicate themselves to augmenting the value and potential inherent in their and others’ being and circumstance, regardless of its form or state, past or present. In due course, this results in their breaking free of the deadly downward drag of Negativity and finding their way ‘back’—no longer naive as Adam and Eve were, but appreciatively aware of what they and those around them are and are part of—into blissful Life-communion. (If not so already, depending on how you ‘view’ Life and, consequently, choose to proceed, you might, become an illumined and, consequently, illuminating one of their number in relatively short order.)
"

Last edited by davidsun : 07-03-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Master
Not sure what non duality is or means

I glanced threw the threads on here before and it sparked my curiosity, here I am again today with the same curiosity. But I know basically nothing about it. Can someone explain the basic idea and concepts behind non duality? I just realized I posted this here, I really meant to start my own thread asking this question.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi starnight1,

Giving up, despair is not the answer, nor is it some mysteriously efficacious formula for success.
In the physical universe work is unavoidable, so giving up is a debilitating and ultimately impossible avoidance of responsibility.
Rather, yoga in the true sense deals with the mastery of life energy toward the fulfillment of divine purpose for each individual.

Suggest that you read about Karma Yoga.
Swami Vivekananda or Sri Aurobindo are good resources for that subject.

The reason that suggestion is given is because Karma Yoga deals with the divine Will in the dynamic physical aspect of existence, and in that regard, Aurobindo’s Integral Yoga (see 'The Synthesis of Yoga') may be more helpful for the following reasons.

Oneness is easier to imagine as static and undifferentiated, and that is the traditional preference for non-duality. However, Oneness is also extant in-and-of the differentiated multiplicity of Nature just the same. But in that form it is more difficult to reckon with, especially in the current era, and thus can become confusing, even stultifying to some aspirants so focused.

It is within that field of differentiation - the physical interactive interdependent unity - where Karma Yoga can be a significant and useful augmentation to the far-flung abstractions of Advaita - which can easily become confusing to aspirants who cannot in this age afford the luxury of living in isolation on a rural mountain-side in a loincloth - but must live and work in densely populated urban environments and deal daily and momentarily with pressing practical issues of life.

In this era, the emerging spiritual aspiration can be fulfilled more completely (and less conflicted or confusingly) by the mutual augmentation of the integral approach.

~ J

Yes, I know about karma yoga and practicing it for a while, I don't know much about Integral Yoga, though I thought it maybe combine the yoga together is integral yoga?

what I feel now by the replies, karma is also part of the dance of Oneness/Source.

I v been also thinking about the lower self and higher self, but now I feel they r One too, if we dive into our belly, that 's place they r into ONE.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I glanced threw the threads on here before and it sparked my curiosity, here I am again today with the same curiosity. But I know basically nothing about it. Can someone explain the basic idea and concepts behind non duality? I just realized I posted this here, I really meant to start my own thread asking this question.
'Mistakes' sometimes have a 'hidden' cause, Halow. Maybe not in this case, but then ... maybe something in what I came back to post pertaining to Jesus teaching about 'upward' aspiration will have some special significance for you:

"And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them, When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
"
Old 07-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
'Mistakes' sometimes have a 'hidden' cause, Halow. Maybe not in this case, but then ... maybe something in what I came back to post pertaining to Jesus teaching about 'upward' aspiration will have some special significance for you:

"And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them, When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind: And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
"
I am clueless, can you elaborate more?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I am clueless, can you elaborate more?
Because of how 'synchronicity' operates, I thought that maybe your stumbling into this thread was not a 'random' kind of coincidence, and therefore that maybe that there was something in what I came back in here to post had something 'significant' to 'tell' you.

If nothing in the parable I posted rang a bell in your head, that (nothing) 'says' that my maybe (hypothesis) was a 'wrong' guess.

Just disregard that parable. I did not mean to 'mystify' you.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Because of how 'synchronicity' operates, I thought ...
P.S. re 'synchronicity' (in case you are unfamiliar with the idea): https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...the-right-path