Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-08-2021, 02:56 PM
Master

the place where science falls down is also the place scientists have the most pride about: that people can come to agreement on something and it be meaningful.

Unfortunately people also love to lie, to themselves and others.

IMO this has fostered a 'science' which has a semblance of meaningfulness, but has gone far off point from what reality is actually like.

Which is probably a good thing however... if the scientists could actually agree on likeable things my goose would be cooked.

Anywho, the deal is, I have to accept what others tell me is true, and also what I interpolate from it. For example in accepting that people have told me that you can 'travel around the world' and therefore that makes it circular.... as found goat pointed out you can travel in a circle even if the world is flat. So to prove the point you'd have to travel not only east to west, but north to south. Which presumably you COULD do... problem is that even if I didn't have the nagging thought that if I don't prove it for myself I have to listen to others opinions, and others are more often wrong than right... (scientists have even latched on to THIS and it has become something to be proud about although they don't seem to have learned the obvious lessons from it) I haven't actually heard of people traveling north to south in a circle around the world. The presumption has always been east to west...

bottom line is if I don't experience it for myself it might as well just be words on a page for all the good it does me. Other than the prideful feeling I get from agreeing with, and being agreeable to, the others. So concepts as to whether the world is 'flat' or if it is 'round' are absolutely useless from my POV. Even the debate over whether engineers would apply different models in one case than in the other because arbitrarily useless because what would I have to use it for? I might just as well assume everything just magically popped into existance and my life wouldn't change dramatically. Except... and this is the very important part for most people... in one case I would be agreeing with and being agreeable to the status quo, and in the other I wouldn't.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
as found goat pointed out you can travel in a circle even if the world is flat. So to prove the point you'd have to travel not only east to west, but north to south. Which presumably you COULD do...The presumption has always been east to west...
I think that was me who said you can travel in a circle around the world even when it's flat provided you go exactly East/West, whereas on a globe you can do a circle around in any direction.

Problem is basically flat earth story is it fails to account for anything we can observe, where as the globe accounts for everything.
Old 28-08-2021, 08:56 PM
Newbie ;)

I look at it this way, what each person sees is indigenous to them... One sees it flat and the other does not. there is no argument of value to be had.
Yeah, I good friend shocked me with the same belief and conspiracy theories that support it. I couldn't believe what he was saying... Like, well, how come a jet airliner doesn't have to correct it altitude when circling the Earth, it should fly straight off into space, so therefore the Earth is flat.. Oh yeah, he went on and on about gyroscopes, etc. until I informed him that gyroscopes work by detecting the altitude and automatically adjust to keep the craft at the same height... you can poke holes in the theory all day long, but to no avail... we all see what we choose to see.
peace, love, and light
Old 05-02-2022, 11:35 PM
Ascender

What I've noticed about some flat earthers (at least ones that make videos) are that 1) they can be really mean, nasty and rude. Calling people names (which btw, is the baseline tactic of the extreme leftists as well), calling people "stupid" who believe the earth is round and engaging in a lot of arguing. I did look into the theory, as I try to be open-minded and give everything a chance and not just dismiss stuff, and when I tried to watch debates between flat and round earth believers, I found they were unwatchable due to the amount of name-calling, yelling and arguing.

2) They push a lot of other "theories" that are seeming to me anyway to be less and less true, such as 911 didn't really happen, Hitler was really a good guy and accusing other events and people of being negative who are generally seen in the spiritual community as positive. Some of these events and people I cannot get on board to believe they are negative based on my own intuition and research.

Besides that, I am the opposite of mathematically minded so a lot of the "evidence" flat and round earthers talk about, honestly, goes over my head, although I find it interesting on both ends. However, the believe of flat earthers is also that there is no outer space, no other planets, etc. I cannot get on board with that either as that would dismiss our connection with the Pleiades, Sirius, etc.
That would make my own personal experience false and that would open up a whole other can of worms for me personally, as well as make research by other people false or invalid. I am thinking of people like Waye Herschel, who talks about star maps (how certain monuments and ancient buildings like the pyramids align with star clusters or constellations in the Pleiades). His research is fascinating btw.
And Pierre Sabak, who has extensively researched etymology (how words are related). He has come to the conclusion through researching etymology that we the human race have always interacted with beings from star systems like Sirius and the Pleiades.
I have heard the theory that flat earthers believe what we call "extra-terrestrials" are really people from beyond Antarctica, but this still dismisses all the research into places like Sirius and the Pleiades done by people like Hershel and Sabak and I just can't get on board with that.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:55 AM
Bambo

I think its wierd this FLAT EARTH thing but I have a movie from 1980 that speaks of "The flat earth society" so I dont know........
Old 08-02-2022, 11:32 PM
B. Civyl

The sun is round. The moon is round. The planets are round. How is it everything is round except us?
Old 08-02-2022, 11:46 PM
Master

This thread is 5 years old and still no conclusions ? Maybe a professional think tank should be consulted to expedite the process……..:) 😊😊
Old 09-02-2022, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
still no conclusions
If people can't cant explain observable phenomena using their shape of earth model, there's never a conclusion, but since the globe shape can explain everything, there's nothing left to question.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:36 AM
Bambo

No Molearner,we are just as confused now as when this thread was started!!