Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-02-2014, 05:58 AM
Knower
How do I let go?

I know someone in my family is passing soon.
They are close to finishing the transition.
I have transitioned myself as well.
But, even though their soul is leaving, I'm having a hard time letting go.
I don't know how to let go.
How do I just let go?
Old 26-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Knower

You just cant with snap of your fingers, you couldnt be a human. It takes just take time, there is nothing you can do. You have to go trough that pain, its just the way of life, mourn as you want, cry...but when you will feel that its time to move on, move on...just let the natural take its course, there is no other way.
Old 26-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Master
There is no "just" in letting go. Letting go takes work.
Usually I find it difficult to explain how I let go, since it is very easy for me.
I don't make attachments to start with. But this does not apply for most.
Emotions are important in order to learn. In order to let go one needs to work through the emotions involved. I would suggest, talk to the person or persons involved either in person or in your mind. There is very little difference, in this case. you can tell them you love them, and if there where issues, forgive and ask for forgiveness, it is always a two way street. Come to a state, where your heart glows when you picture the person or persons involved. See them move on. you will realize the connection will always be there but in a different form.
Old 26-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
If there is things left unsaid,say them. You can't snap your fingers and be over it. There will always be a connection you just need to adjust. Time,will help. Celebrate the life that once was. Celebrate the new chapter. Remember them in your heart.
Old 26-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Administrator
To Love someone is to let them go,just say what you need to say and give them your blessing to let go.some people hang on just to know that family are going to cope without them, you will grieve but that is a natural way of exceptance that they are no longer with us,hope this helps you

Namaste
Old 26-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Every time I try to let go I find I wind up hanging on tighter than ever. I actually came across a word recently that changed my perspective. When difficulties arise in my life it is because I am not allowing for things to be different. When we allow we give life permission to be what it is. So take some time to mourn your loss and when you are ready decide to allow it to be OK to have life without your loved one. They really truly are never far away anyways. Much love to you as you walk through this difficult time.
Old 26-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfrost
I know someone in my family is passing soon.
They are close to finishing the transition.
I have transitioned myself as well.
But, even though their soul is leaving, I'm having a hard time letting go.
I don't know how to let go.
How do I just let go?

Rfrost I'm sorry to hear this, it's a really traumatic time and deeply personal.

So, you don't let go. There are people in our lives whom we never let go of, we never get over it. We learn to cope, and for us spiritual people we realise that we have a new connection and a new way of relating to them. We can still talk to them, they still hear us. We can write them letters, we honour them with our memories and looking at photos of them, or trinkets that they might have given us.

There is a poem - by ee cummings - "i carry you in my heart" and to me that sums it up - as the person you grieve for, they are still with you in your heart.

It's never too late to say what you want to say to the person who has passed. You can always tell them you love them, you can always talk to them of memories you have.

The adjustment from having the physical presence with you is really hard indeed.
Old 26-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Master
I would go right along with what Belle has said. You do not have to let go of the person, but you do have to let go of the physical part of them. They are not their body, it was just a home for a little while.

Old 26-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I would go right along with what Belle has said. You do not have to let go of the person, but you do have to let go of the physical part of them. They are not their body, it was just a home for a little while.

Kaere - you said it better.

I should also add - you can't prepare yourself. You can't really truly know how it will feel, the shockwave after shockwave of knowing that someone is in their final few weeks / days / hours is incalculable, but you don't know how it will be when they have actually passed. People react differently - and those who have passed have different journeys.

I would just urge you to have a lot of good people around you and to be very very gentle with yourself. And it's very much minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day - sometimes it feels as if you have regressed and other times you move forwards it seems but it's all part of the same journey.
Old 26-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Master
when indira ghandi was assasinated krishnamurti went to her family home after it had happened. he asked to be left in peace in the living room where he sat quietly for the rest of the day, without eating. after several hours he became aware of her presence. one comment he made, not to the family, but in writing about it was that mourning holds a person to earth. i dunno if hes right but it feels like a fair idea.

in the Tibetan tradition or some other tradition, that when a person dies, is dying, the priest or the monk comes in and sends all the family away, locks the door and says to the dying man, "Look you're dying - let go - let all of your antagonisms, all your worldliness, all your ambition, let go, because you are going to meet a light in which you will be absorbed, if you let go.

i read this the other day and it had some interesting ideas in it. not comforting really but then not meant to upset either. i don't really understand this kind of loss so excuse any insensitivities, all the best

http://jkrishnamurti.ning.com/profil...and-the-stream

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."