Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Master
I totally agree.
Wonderfully said.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Administrator
Hello

Something from a NDE suicide attempt. Young man whom accidentally knocked himself out when trying to take his life. Told the story of a male voice that came to him asking him if he really wanted to die. Went on to ask him about his Mother whom LOVed him, and his girlfriend. The young man was told about a child he did not have....

The last thing he heard before coming back was "suicide would be breaking my laws, you will not be with me in Heaven if you die." He asked what would happen instead and never got a reply he came back to consciousness.

It is clear it was not this man's time to die.....and that there was a reason for life given to him. He reported that it was the voice of a close deceased friend he heard not God. This left him wondering where his friend was.

I worked in an office tower once and I remember so clearly the day a man came flying past my window on his way to the ground from the roof. I remember so clearly seeing the calm on his face, and how he was at peace. I went right down to the lobby not out of morbid motives to see a dead body but to make sure he was truly OK in what had happened. He was not in his body....he had crossed over. I later worked with is wife whom had heard I was a Medium and I saw him go....as we had to have counseling for what we saw. He was so at peace with this choice to go. He had lost everything in the market crash, and was very ill. Did not want to be more of a burden. I feel that truly was his life path, his way to leave, and spare some suffering for himself.

Lynn
Old 31-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Something from a NDE suicide attempt. Young man whom accidentally knocked himself out when trying to take his life. Told the story of a male voice that came to him asking him if he really wanted to die. Went on to ask him about his Mother whom LOVed him, and his girlfriend. The young man was told about a child he did not have....

The last thing he heard before coming back was "suicide would be breaking my laws, you will not be with me in Heaven if you die." He asked what would happen instead and never got a reply he came back to consciousness.

It is clear it was not this man's time to die.....and that there was a reason for life given to him. He reported that it was the voice of a close deceased friend he heard not God. This left him wondering where his friend was.

I worked in an office tower once and I remember so clearly the day a man came flying past my window on his way to the ground from the roof. I remember so clearly seeing the calm on his face, and how he was at peace. I went right down to the lobby not out of morbid motives to see a dead body but to make sure he was truly OK in what had happened. He was not in his body....he had crossed over. I later worked with is wife whom had heard I was a Medium and I saw him go....as we had to have counseling for what we saw. He was so at peace with this choice to go. He had lost everything in the market crash, and was very ill. Did not want to be more of a burden. I feel that truly was his life path, his way to leave, and spare some suffering for himself.

Lynn

Did his wife eventually come to terms with the choice he had made?
Old 31-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Administrator
Hello

Yes she went on to re marry....like many they have personal reasons for seeking out a Medium and its not always to know that a LOVed one is OK.....more I cannot say. I knew this man a bit from the building....

Lynn
Old 31-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Neville

It's not an exact science in my experience, successful suicides are successful because they were meant to be successful. this does not preclude acceptance into the realm of love and light.

I am a failed suicide attempt 1980 was the year, I was a complete failure and I could not even get suicide right.

I think/feel that this is because other things were afoot of which I had no knowledge personally. Had I succeeded. 7 Children should not have been born and 7 Grand Children should not have been born.... Goes off to look up 7 in numerology.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:43 AM
sonfromnamek

I think it would be unwise to commit suicide but is someone punished for it, i believe something must have caused them to feel so hopeless they could not go on and that would not be totally their fault much less their emotions
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I can't help thinking suicide is always a bad move. Great pain is caused to others who love the person who passed by their own hand. We may not always be aware of how someone else likes or loves us, especially if we are feeling down. And to commit suicide has to be an act of lovelessness towards those who care about us. Any dramatic act of lovelessness towards another has to damage our own Soul in a way.

I was reading a book recently written by a hypnotherapist Dr Michael Newton. (He now has collected a lot of insight into the afterlife, and the journey of the Soul, as a result of his findings when regressing people way back into their life-in-between-lives.)
On the subject of suicide, one thing sprang out to me, and that was one of his clients, who had committed suicide in their earlier life said:
"Oh no!! How could I have been so stupid!?"
As soon as they reached the spirit world, realised what they had done, and how they had thrown away a life with all its opportunities. This person also saw there were other outcomes apart from the one they had chosen. And although a couple of the outcomes were not amazingly wonderful, they would have been ok. And one of the outcomes (if suicide hadn't been chosen) was very happy and positive later on.

It sounds like you're saying that if a person is suffering and is in pain (whether physical or emotional), instead of relieving himself of his pain and making him feel better (by committing suicide for example), the person is supposed to make others happy instead. And is supposed to continue his suffering just so that he doesn't upset "those who love him".

I would think that his loved ones should instead sympathize and understand and say: oh, good, you're out of pain now... instead of focusing on their own pain once he is gone and even blaming him for causing them that pain. It seems they are no better then. Caring about their own pain first and foremost.

It sounds like the general recommendation to suicidal people is: we don't care if you're suffering or not... just make sure you stay here so that we don't have to experience the pain of losing you. Do what you have to do just to make sure that we don't have to suffer because of your actions. And they may not even be in pain themselves.

It makes me wonder who is being more selfish: the ones who die to relieve their pain or the ones who make them stay and suffer to prevent their own pain?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:34 AM
sonfromnamek

The question is one of importance as well as difficulty, which is why I asked
Old 02-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I think it would be unwise to commit suicide but is someone punished for it, i believe something must have caused them to feel so hopeless they could not go on and that would not be totally their fault much less their emotions

Hi Sonfromnamek,
I don't think the person committing suicide would be punished when passing over. Maybe the 'soul' feels the disappointment that the life has ended prematurely because it knows it will be sent back to try again. I can't believe for one moment that our creator would punish one of his children for taking their own life just because they ended up in the most desperate situation one could find themselves in. Hopefully those that do return work out their problems in the next life.
Light and Peace
Cirrus
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erosfire
consciousness never dies, it has no death for as long as there are living beings.

You came from nowhere, just as they, and when you return to nowhere another awakens with consciousness - and you are always there to fill it's space. You, the one behind the mind-seeing self, is everyone.

I think if a person is contemplating suicide, they should immediately recognize that they know they are at the current bottom of human experience. Then understand yin yang - you are at the bottom, and there is now the top to reach. When a person is spiritually defeated, suicide can be a desire. Paradoxically it is when a spirit is most defeated that it can gain the most from rising.

From that place you can come to understand the innate suffer of life all beings face. You can take time, with no importance at all for anything other than experiencing a sky, the rain, cold.

You can as an opportunity, look at the presentation of death to you, and see it's seduction. How it calls out when you are defeated, and you come to somewhat want it - and know that whenever you die, you will most likely get time to enjoy it. You've been there already.

So with everything you could gain from feeling suicidal, you are now in the black cave - which in the terrifying pitch blackness, houses infinate jewels. wisdom, compassion, enlightenment, humility, understanding. When you master those things, you rise with them and carry them back to the world.

The amount you can help people from being in that place multiplies your importance to this planet, there are children who call hotlines because they feel this way - and you would be taking one more understanding voice from them.

If you reach for compassion, it can pull you up like steps at the side of a pool.

When you die. You simply start again with nothing, bit of a waste of the pains you have already experienced when you could do exactly what every spiritual person really sets out to do. Be known and loved for something true about you, which is deeper and profound, and makes people's lives better.

This was very nicely said.