Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Suspended
Guide

I believe in the afterlife as as well as reincanation. Reincarnation provides a new life to experience it differently, learn new, work out old. Apparently, it is not your brother's time to think outside of his beliefs. There's nothing wrong w/his beliefs b/c they are harmless. Most often a person has to be exposed to something that makes her/him question/change their beliefs - could be a spiritual awakening, a death, a life threatening incident, toxic relationship, birth of a child, etc. Any of these examples can produce bitterness, confusion, depression, fears instead of what "we" think the outcome should be. Not all people chose to connect to a higher power to ask for guidance, soothe the soul, empowerment over fears. Rage, anger & negativity can block the path of learning to understanding, coping & adjustment. It is much easier to be angry, than it is to be happy.

I don't bring up loaded topics w/my children, but I do make comments. My home decor is eclectic - as a product of the 60s & 70s, I live my life similar to the mother portrayed by Jane Fonda in Peace Love and Misunderstanding. My kids (21, 22, 42) can ask any questions they want of me including advice - they rarely if ever do b/c they know everything as well as how I should portray the look of a good mother (June Cleaver type). They've chosen to grow up on their own. It's not easy as a mother, but I do have to remind myself it is their life to live even if we become estranged as a result of choices.
Old 29-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Suspended
Guide

Something interesting about Stephen Hawking on Wikipedia. Sorry, I'm not allowed as a newbie to post URLs.

"Hawking rarely discussed his illness and physical challenges, even—in a precedent set during their courtship—with Jane.[127] His disabilities meant that the responsibilities of home and family rested firmly on his wife's increasingly overwhelmed shoulders, leaving him more time to think about physics."[128]

If we did not have disabled or poor people, we would not be reminded of compassion, empathy, helping others or chosing a purposeful life serving others. God's reasons are not always transparent.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:03 AM
Guide

As a collective whole....it would have been much harder to live with a disability in another time here. There was a time when people hid them away, abusing them and not embracing or teaching them. Now, as a collective conscience, as a whole...society is educating, helping and much more understanding...even bringing awareness and attention to Autism and other disabilities. I'm a quite proud of the people who are helping, and the people who are living through it. They are so strong, overcoming so many odds with will power and help from others. They have to try so much harder, but it's a test of the spirit. I work with people who have Autism, and thy are doing wonderful. They've come along way...but it's a calling to everyone, to come together, and help each other. Whether it's a disability, poverty, or something else that needs to be understood. Like Dr. Phil says, you can't fix what you don't acknowledge...these things are being acknowledged and a spotlight is being put on them. More than anything, we are learning to come together.