Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-09-2015, 04:13 PM
ECKDreamer

I have had dreams of loved ones (my Mom and Dad) after they died. One was kind of funny. I dreamed that my Mom showed me that for her funeral, instead of a nine-gun salute, she wanted a beach umbrella salute (umbrellas held and popped open). I had attended her brother's military funeral (that she could not attend) with the salute. I would never have imagined this one, but when I woke up, I realized the message. She passed in the summer. I think she was saying, "To honor me, don't be all somber about my death. Instead, celebrate life as I did--with a trip to the beach."

I am leading a discussion this month on this topic. I can't post a URL yet, but I can say go to the London Spiritual Experiences meetup group, and you will see.
Old 15-09-2015, 02:50 AM
Seeker
A close friend of mine committed suicide in July. I didn't find out about his death until several days had passed, but on the night he died I suddenly remembered a book he gave me years ago that I had never opened. The book was called The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

So there I was at 3am reading this book that had been collecting dust on my shelf for seven years. I found my friend's bookmark slipped into a chapter that discussed acceptance of death, reincarnation, and karma. The topics were so fascinating that I couldn't wait to tell my friend I had finally started reading the book he gave me.

When I learned of his death I remembered how that book suddenly came to mind the same night he committed suicide. I was overwhelmed by such an eerie feeling, because I believe it was a message from him.
Old 15-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
A close friend of mine committed suicide in July. I didn't find out about his death until several days had passed, but on the night he died I suddenly remembered a book he gave me years ago that I had never opened. The book was called The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

So there I was at 3am reading this book that had been collecting dust on my shelf for seven years. I found my friend's bookmark slipped into a chapter that discussed acceptance of death, reincarnation, and karma. The topics were so fascinating that I couldn't wait to tell my friend I had finally started reading the book he gave me.

When I learned of his death I remembered how that book suddenly came to mind the same night he committed suicide. I was overwhelmed by such an eerie feeling, because I believe it was a message from him.

Wow, very cool....
Old 04-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Newbie ;)

working on a book about adc's

Hello. I am working on a book about what's called After Death Communications (ADC for short).

I first became aware of this phenomenon after my daughter's death. She was 35 at the time and didn't know how sick she was. She died of pneumonia at 35 years old. The day after she died I had this "communication" in the parking lot of the hotel I was checking out of. At the time of her death there were family issues and by her choice, she and I were not speaking to each other. There was a moment that happened (it seemed like a long time but in reality it was brief) of this communication which occurred on kind of mental telepathy level. I felt her sorrow and I sent her mine. It took some time to figure out just exactly what happened.

What I know now is that the "partition" that separates this side of life from the next is not all that thick. A small aspect of that separation opened up briefly to allow this communication. I know it happened...I felt it. I can understand fully if you don't get it or you want to explain it away because of my grieving position at the time. There's more to the story as to what happened previously to the experience but it would make this way longer. The point is I know what happened and now...I can relate to others that experience their own ADC's.

At the time I thought it was just me. I mean I thought I was the only one in the world to have this kind of communication. Well, I'm pleased to tell you that is not the case. These communications have been happening for some time. A long time in fact. I began to collect them from other people....although I might add, with some difficulty. You may be surprised to find out it's a conversation stopper for some people.

Many do not think this ADC stuff is a good thing. They think it's Satan speaking using his deceptive powers. Or they simply dismiss it all together on a intellectual basis. And then there are those that simply walk around saying "NO" to everything no matter what.

The observation (mine) is that in fact, these ADC's happen to EVERYONE. And there is the clue I'm searching for. WHO is doing the communication. In my collection of stories I have a Buddhist, an atheist and an attempted murderer to name a few. These are all very thoughtful stories that would give a skeptic a moment to ponder. The direction of travel I'm on is to find these out of the ordinary stories from varied sources. From a Monk or sinner.... believer (all religions) or atheist....a player or a saint...and anything in-between.

So that's my pitch. I'm looking for stories of loved ones or friends that communicated from the other side. Any story really, but not ghost/camp fire stories. Not the same thing at all. On the other hand, what I'm looking for is unique and hard to find. I'm hoping that on this forum I'll reach a much larger audience with my search.

Thank you for your time here.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
I agree, Jack. Ther 'partition' between this world and the next doesn't have to be thick at all! It depends on how un-cluttered our minds are -most of the time.

The general thought about grief is that it gets in the way of pure communication from the other side....but I don't think that is always necessarily so.
Some forms of grief can completely 'clear the decks' of the ego and everyday mind, and cause a certain silence. That can be an optimum situation for communication with loved ones.

My heart-felt condolences on the passing of your daughter. Blessings to her Soul.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Master

I dont know if this was covered as this is a 3 y.o. thread , and I did not read all the posts . Many people get dream visits . I think some are just a dream but some are an actual meating with the person on the astral plane , as we all go out of body during deep sleep , but dont remember or remember as a dream .
Old 04-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis

That's amazing the way spirit works, Love it!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:50 AM
Newbie ;)

For the first year after my daughter died , I dreamed about her every time I slept. The only way I can describe these dreams is, they were any given day of the 21 years I was blessed with her presence .. These dreams were so real it was like re living her life .
When Iwas able to talk to a lady who interprets drems.
She said my daughter needed me to know that she was okay . After that conversation those dreams stopped.
Now , every once in awhile I will she will be in a dream but now they are 'normal 'dreams.
I had a second communication from her a few years later . I will post t separately .
Old 06-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Newbie ;)

I had an amazing friend named Vlad, as I feel that all music that I listen to can refer back to him in the way it was expressed. Names keep popping up of Vladislav, and It freaks me out to know that he's trying to communicate with me in a different form. He's definitely watching me (:
Old 03-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Guide

I have a few to share. I know them by the feelings I had of them while alive.

The first one, was not a relative, but an older man who was a friend of my inlaws. I only met him a couple of times. I hadnt seen him in over a year, when one morning I woke up and he was sitting at the end of my bed by my feet. He was flourescent & glowing in color. He was still wearing his overalls (he was a farmer)We were talking about his wife and his kids, grandkids, but I dont remember the conversation. I just remember opening my eyes and seeing him there while in hypnagogic state. I wiped my eyes and he was gone.

I assumed it was just a hallucination, but later that day...I found out that he had just died 3 days earlier of cancer. I didnt know he had cancer or died until then.

My GMIL, I was very close to. She always made me feel super happy, even on my bad days...she made me feel good about my life. She was the kind of person. Very social, cute, outgoing & a friend to everyone. Her & her husband gave 10% of their earnings to the church for charity every month. They were just good people. After he died, she was put into a nursing home, where she stayed for almost 10 years. She died last year. I did not attend her funeral as I lived out of state & we couldnt make it. Plus there is a lot of family drama on that side of the family so we just had a little cry & made peace with it. Three days later, although I was going through a very stressful time in my life, it was as if she were with me all day. I hadnt felt her around me in 10 years, but I was high as a kite, happy as could...the way she always made me feel when she was alive. I knew she was with me the whole day, because I didnt get to go to her funeral & say good bye...she came to me to spend the day. I havent been that happy in a long time.