Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Seeker

True Worship

Why would a God order and require "worship"?
Why would God require you to go somewhere, repeat words "You are so great, you are perfect, you have given everything to me, without you I am nothing. God is the greatest" and be afraid of God?
What would that tell about the personality of God?

Would you prefer to have some child:
a) Share a connection with you. Sit comfortably with you, acknowledge your presence, be grateful for the connection you two share, be happy and maybe spontaneously kiss and hug you and tell: "I love you" if she/he sincerely wants to do it?
b) Fear you and just repeat as many praising words as he/she can think of so that you wouldn't stop loving her/him?

And I just ask from everyone. Do YOU want to constantly declare how worthless you are without your God and just repeat "God, you are so great."? Or do YOU want to be intimate with God. Just being with God and being grateful for having the connection?
Old 07-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikre
Why would a God order and require "worship"?
Why would God require you to go somewhere, repeat words "You are so great, you are perfect, you have given everything to me, without you I am nothing. God is the greatest" and be afraid of God?
What would that tell about the personality of God?

those are the yearnings of the delusional reptilian brain.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Master
I don't think the wording and translation of the bible helps...If Jesus is said to have said "only through me will you find salvation" etc...that could be misconstrued as worship me regardless. What if he meant...only if you understand what I say and apply it will you understand and free your mind? or similar. Does not the bible warn against idolatry too? Which would include a person I'd think. Not read the whole bible so I'd be interested if it actually implies, straight up, that personality worship is the way, when of course, it is not. The use of language from then to now could be a complicating issue. Without reading the whole bible I couldn't say for sure and for me I take the good bits, of what I have read, and drop the bad bits as not being actual revelation. But, basically, I agree, worship of personality is not good. "Only the teachings are relevant, who the teacher is, is not relevant".

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 07-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Master

True worship is Service ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 08-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Master
For me personally I know when I need to tell The Great Spirit in All Things that I Love it ,by a lack of love feeling sometimes in my heart, and then it seems to activate my heart Chakra, Believing that I am unconditionally loved and then recipricating that back to the Loving Life Force of The Great and Beautiful Mystery is like a beautiful relationship of trust, support and recognition of the greatness of this whole experience.Deepsoul
Old 10-03-2015, 01:26 PM
OftheSun

Well, it's possible that a god who demands or requires bowing and scraping is just a jerk. There is no rule that a god has to be what we want it to be or think it should be. Lots of parents are wacky and disturbed, but they are parents none the less.

Also, if you are speaking of the Christian God...I've always heard he does want his own to obey out of love and come to him out of love. That's the preference, but if they can't do that...then they had better act out of a sense of duty...because His intention is to save them and there are certain steps that must be gone through...either out of love and devotion or fear of the consequences.

Like it would be awesome if people got a degree because they LOVED school and learning etc, but sometimes people force their way through college because they need a diploma to get a decent paying job. Different means to the same end.

Worship for me is something that springs from me in response to that which I worship. I can't manufacture it and that which I worship doesn't demand it, ask for it, and whether I worship it or not...makes NO difference in it's behavior towards me...may I introduce the Sun?

I worship it. Why? because that is my authentic response to it. Does it care? Will it stop shining on me or my neighbor if I fail to? No. Does worshiping it make my life better and help me? YES!

I don't know the Christian God or exactly what His contract is with His people, maybe he inspires worship in them the way the Sun inspires it in me.
Old 22-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Master
If you really wanna worship God we need to love one another and yourself. If not, you are not even respecting the reflections of God so how do you expect to worship and respect God Himself?
Old 24-04-2015, 04:46 AM
DeadlyNightShade

God

I am a Christian, and I love God and God loves all his children that's what matters to me, I don't care much for the bible as I believe it to be flawed, written by man's hand.

But I believe in God and his love.

I am very tolerant to others and their beliefs, even atheists :)

I love everyone
Old 24-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
Because we like to create a God in an image of a human, who has our flaws, our faults, also those in power want to control the masses the head of the church

I may have become awakened; I may like you to be become awakened, but that is my thing not your thing. If you are fast asleep and dreaming beautiful dreams, who am I to disturb you? I will wait. I will surround you like a fragrance. And if that fragrance catches you, and if that fragrance brings you out of your sleep, it is ok."
Old 26-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Ascender
Worship of God is simply thanking him and building a relationship with him.
It not that you should fear God, you should respect him out of love.
It depends on how you interoperate worship, for me its based on love and the fact I want a relationship with him as I hope to live in his Kingdom when I die.