Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
I do like to write and i used to think about writing a book and creating a blog. But it felt too heavy. I don't feel i have the energy to do these things. I have also had a card from Magical Mermaids and Dolphins Oracle Cards 'Time to Move On' which is about letting go of the past and old things which no longer serves your highest good, things that might feel heavy to you. So i was leaving the idea of book and blog behind me. Its still not the ideal thing to do i feel. I don't know what it is i'm gonna do but i really want to feel a higher purpose. I've been thinking of visiting a spiritual association but i wish i could do that right now at the moment but its not possible at the moment. I don't know if i should visit the association or not. There's so many things i'm not sure of. Sometimes i feel strongly to do a thing and then i feel opposite feelings aswell.
Create a blog, why not?
Start writing a book. Do not set yourself with high expectations. By writing a book, it will help you to channel a lot of the creative energy you possess.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Create a blog, why not?
Start writing a book. Do not set yourself with high expectations. By writing a book, it will help you to channel a lot of the creative energy you possess.

Hi, BigJohn,

Thanks for reminding me about 1984. “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” I am sorry it doesn't really belong here.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Master
I fundamentally believe it's not really a question of guidance but rather one of awareness of self .

“Know Thyself” – Socrates
“Examine yourself & understand who you are… Whoever does not know self, does not know anything. But, whoever knows self, has acquired the knowledge of the universe.” ~ Jesus, Book of Thomas (Gnostic Gospels)

“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao-Tzu

“This is true knowledge, to seek the Self…To seek anything else is ignorance.” – Bhagavad-Gita

“He who knows himself knows God.” – The prophet Muhammad

“The body is the temple of the gods within you. And therefore, it is said, “Man: know thyself.” – ~ Egyptian Proverb

“Jesus said, ‘When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you shall know that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty.'” – Gospel of Thomas

“Those who know and realize the Self are forever free.” – Katha Upanishad

“All the scriptures tell us one thing: Know Thyself. If you have known yourself, you have known everything else.” – Swami Satchidananda
Old 01-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Deactivated Account
You know, I can relate to your post very much.

I don't feel this way so much now but I have certainly felt very 'lost' in my life through the years.

My energy and mind have felt so scattered at times, as though I so wanted to find an anchor but could not.

I had to do a lot of inner work to discover the root of this feeling that I was somehow not living up to my purpose here on earth.

I wanted to have much more influence in the world and has my gifts as a writer and performer to bring positive change to the world.

I also have ADHD... and I find it interesting that a common thread with ADHD is the feeling of unrealised potential. The feeling that we have somehow failed ourselves. We have not lived up to our own expectations. So many wonderful and creative ideas which fall flat before they gain air.

I have to ask though - why do you want to 'BE' something more then you are? Are you not OK the way that you are right now?

A common thread in people with scattered energy is that they do not feel justified in just being. There is a feeling that we have to be driven by some purpose bigger then us in order to justify our existence.
Once we feel happy and centred being ourselves without expectation then we can begin to align with our energy to our truth and express that truth through our gifts.

Exercise love and compassion for yourself. If you were your own loving parent... What advice would you give to yourself?
Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
You know, I can relate to your post very much.

I don't feel this way so much now but I have certainly felt very 'lost' in my life through the years.

My energy and mind have felt so scattered at times, as though I so wanted to find an anchor but could not.
Best response yet (IMO) Ariaecheflame.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:57 AM
Master
Question for davidsun & essvass

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
Hi, BigJohn,

Thanks for reminding me about 1984. “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” I am sorry it doesn't really belong here.
Davidsun also objects.......... It would be nice if both of you can explain your objections.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:12 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Davidsun also objects.......... It would be nice if both of you can explain your objections.

BigJohn,

I don't understand why you are saying this. I didn't object to anything.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
BigJohn,

I don't understand why you are saying this. I didn't object to anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you wrote

I took the expression "I am sorry it doesn't really belong here." as an objection.
Please forgive me.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:22 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I took the expression "I am sorry it doesn't really belong here." as an objection.
Please forgive me.

I meant my deviation from the subject of this thread didn't belong here. Now, I see it was confusing. You did nothing wrong. I am sorry.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Stranger

Here's another snippet (less complicated than the last one I think, so you may find it more relatable) to guide you on your journey:
Deploying whatever talents and assets one may have been ‘gifted’ with for Love and Joy augmenting purpose(s) to whatever degree one is capable of doing so at any given place and point in time, always seeking and open to becoming wiser and more creatively adept in the process by learning from one’s ‘successes’ and ‘failures’ in said regard, is what leads to a soul's blossoming and fructifying as a Love-and-Joy-full component of Life. Said seeking and learning, of course, requires that one pay close attention to and shrewdly contemplatewhat’s actually going on in the ‘stream’ of one’s thoughts, moods, e·motions, expectations, etc. with the aim of 'seeing' whether and to what degree these are (or aren’t, as the case may be) characterized by a Flow-of-Life connecting and other co-relating ‘sense’ of Love and Joy and considering whether and how improvements (if any) may be made in said regards.
Bon Voyage, Bro.

Thanks i guess i understand. Not really from a country where english is the first language but paying close attention to one's thoughts, moods, emotions, expectations etc is good. I do try to understand what i really want and i feel sad that i never seem to accomplish what i want in life. Anyway i'm sorry if i misunderstood your message but as i said i'm not from a country where english is the first language and still if i was i probably would have a hard time understanding what you say. But your talented though.

I am now gonna try to respond to the others in here.