Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Master

I had a classmate called Rumi...

Just another synchronicity, I suppose. Seeing synchronicities everywhere is apparently another sign of mental illness. Or, being spiritually awakened. Take your pick. I'm beginning to think there is but a fine line separating them.

Yes, your adventures with the psychology racket are quite instructive. I never bothered to go see one, but I imagine my sessions would have gone something like this. For One, I have a god-complex. How can you NOT have one, when you've experienced what it means to be infinite and all-knowing, even if only briefly?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I had a classmate called Rumi...

Just another synchronicity, I suppose. Seeing synchronicities everywhere is apparently another sign of mental illness. Or, being spiritually awakened. Take your pick. I'm beginning to think there is but a fine line separating them.

Yes, your adventures with the psychology racket are quite instructive. I never bothered to go see one, but I imagine my sessions would have gone something like this. For One, I have a god-complex. How can you NOT have one, when you've experienced what it means to be infinite and all-knowing, even if only briefly?
Interestingly, she did ask me if I had a god-complex and that was one question I really had to think about before answering.

I decided to be honest, as I had been with every question that she asked me, even at the risk of getting labelled without any adhesive.

How can one NOT have a god-complex when you (and I) have experienced what it means to be infinite and all knowing?

When that experience is tempered with humility, awe and reverence, so you cannot really "own" it.

So I simply replied that I do not have a god-complex because my ego would never allow it to happen.

She seemed to be very relieved by that answer.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Interestingly, she did ask me if I had a god-complex and that was one question I really had to think about before answering.

I decided to be honest, as I had been with every question that she asked me, even at the risk of getting labelled without any adhesive.

How can one NOT have a god-complex when you (and I) have experienced what it means to be infinite and all knowing?

When that experience is tempered with humility, awe and reverence, so you cannot really "own" it.

So I simply replied that I do not have a god-complex because my ego would never allow it to happen.

Like I already said Shivani,

You are an incarnation of the Goddess to me and won't admit it

Enjoy!
Old 03-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:

Dear Shivani, how are you doing now?
Keep in touch.

John

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-10-2019, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Dear Shivani, how are you doing now?
Keep in touch.

John
Thank you, John.

I am fine, taking a break from seeing my psychologist until the New Year as she is taking a month off from mid Oct to mid Nov and she's not making any more appointments in the near future.

I sometimes will visit these forums without logging in, read some conversations here and there, notice they are not really up to my personal standards to bother getting involved in...and so I don't.

I have tried lowering my standards without much success - someone else needs to teach me how to engage in communication that is totally "beneath me" as I cannot self-learn such things, but whenever I seek to drop the ego in regards, what is left cannot be bothered talking at ALL....so, this is where I have both found and lost myself... maybe I have cleared this level, defeated the boss monster and ready to move onto the next stage...just like Mario.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Thank you, John.

I am fine, taking a break from seeing my psychologist until the New Year as she is taking a month off from mid Oct to mid Nov and she's not making any more appointments in the near future.

I sometimes will visit these forums without logging in, read some conversations here and there, notice they are not really up to my personal standards to bother getting involved in...and so I don't.

I have tried lowering my standards without much success - someone else needs to teach me how to engage in communication that is totally "beneath me" as I cannot self-learn such things, but whenever I seek to drop the ego in regards, what is left cannot be bothered talking at ALL....so, this is where I have both found and lost myself... maybe I have cleared this level, defeated the boss monster and ready to move onto the next stage...just like Mario.

Tell me about it…

I barely find it worth my while to participate in forums any more.

There are some great people on this one, but they rarely post. The ones that do, often have a mental age of about five. If I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher, at least I'd make sure to get paid for it. My last post pointed out to a self-proclaimed Son of God that it was very unlikely that he was who he thought who he was and my post was immediately removed.

Others seem to be posting from inside the walls of mental institutions. There is hardly anyone here who is genuinely interested in spirituality. The conversations going on in most threads, particularly in the TF section are of the kind I had with my mates when I was in primary school. Most people here barely seem able to read and write in their own language, let alone others. I find the lack of maturity and intellectual rigour in the whole "spiritual" community in general, truly dispiriting (oh, the irony!). No wonder the mainstream is so scathing about the whole spiritual and alternative community.
Old 19-10-2019, 11:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Thanks for sharing. I don't know, but that psychologist seems kind of confrontational or at the very least doesn't have a very good couchside manner.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Master

-------------------------------

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 21-10-2019 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Master
Well, last week I went back to see my psychologist and we started the mindfulness training ..it didn't go so well.

She asked me to close my eyes and just observe my thoughts and to relate what I was observing as the observer.

The only thing I could say was "wait...who is observing the observer doing the observing?... no, scratch that..who is observing the observer who is observing the observer observing?...and does this thing EVER end?"

She goes "stick to only ONE observer...the one observing your thoughts"

I said "I cannot do that because the one observing my thoughts is still a thought in and of itself..."

So we did external mindfulness practices instead because my "inner consciousness" is like a black hole of pure non identified awareness and she has never encountered that before..

I am like "yeah, try and live with this and function normally..."
Old 04-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Legrand

Quote:

I said "I cannot do that because the one observing my thoughts is still a thought in and of itself..."

I am like "yeah, try and live with this and function normally..."

Hello Shivani,

One day it will become normality for more.

Antoine