Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-08-2019, 02:38 AM
Master
Is it ethical to kill zombies?

When is killing justified?

In that killing has to be justified to make it right, killing is fundamentally wrong. There are circumstances where it is right, there is only one principle that justifies it:

Protection of the innocent.

The zombies want to eat the brains of the innocent, and this is why, the only reason why, it is right to kill a zombie.

There are humans who have been bitten and they can feel themselves turning into a zombie, and they ask their friend to kill them before thay become a monster, and even that killing is warranted - to kill the innocent to preserve their innocence.

Only the innocent can be justified in killing...
Old 04-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Master
Crazy thread!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Killing is justified in self-defence. It's survival of the fittest, after all.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Define Zombie?

Apparently no ones been to San Francisco.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
When is killing justified?

In that killing has to be justified to make it right, killing is fundamentally wrong. There are circumstances where it is right, there is only one principle that justifies it:

Protection of the innocent.

The zombies want to eat the brains of the innocent, and this is why, the only reason why, it is right to kill a zombie.

There are humans who have been bitten and they can feel themselves turning into a zombie, and they ask their friend to kill them before they become a monster, and even that killing is warranted - to kill the innocent to preserve their innocence.

Only the innocent can be justified in killing...

1. Can you kill something that's dead ...?

2. There might be some opinions that killing a zombie just because it is a zombie is profiling, discriminatory, ...

3. Everybody should do whatever they deem to be right; they should filter whatever others say through their own intellect and intuition.

4. I believe there are no zombies I should fear, as per the following definition:
A zombie is a fictional undead being created through the reanimation of a corpse. Zombies are most commonly found in horror and fantasy genre works.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
1. Can you kill something that's dead ...?

Something that 'ought' to be dead... but is not clearly dead in that something animates the body.

There are 2 kinds zombie.

1) the horror zombie (of the genre we know and love)
2) the philosophical zombie (p-zombie)

The latter was popularised by philosopher David Chalmers. He argues that the physical systems of the body do not give rise to conscious experience. He described the p-zombie as doing everything a human does but without any awareness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIxoy4JnjI

Quote:
2. There might be some opinions that killing a zombie just because it is a zombie is profiling, discriminatory, ...

3. Everybody should do whatever they deem to be right; they should filter whatever others say through their own intellect and intuition.

4. I believe there are no zombies I should fear, as per the following definition:
A zombie is a fictional undead being created through the reanimation of a corpse. Zombies are most commonly found in horror and fantasy genre works.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Experiencer
So kill the Buddha?
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 15-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

They usually spread a disease and the epidemic leads to an end of human self-awareness, intelligence, and civilization.
Yes, they should be killed. Without remorse. It is 100% ethical. They are a mockery, and the antithesis of humanity..
Old 16-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator
I think we have to watch it with Zombies.

Some people who have come back from the dead could be brain damaged perhaps from oxygen deprivation after being buried in a state of coma?

Some could be so deeply upset they have entered a state of deep autism.

And then there is the "Soul Loss" possibility (although I personally feel no one can actually "lose" their Soul, but rather lose contact with it perhaps?)
Old 22-09-2019, 03:58 AM
Master
Zombie-itis (contagious zombification) is a contentious ethical dilemma when it comes to killing the afflicted. I mean, we don't kill people because they are sick. The principle that overrides the ethic of caring for the infirm in the case of Zombies takes on 3 primary premises: 1) They are supposed to be ead; 2) They are suffering and it's kindest to euthanise; and 3) Zombies are a perversion of humanity - the worst aspect of ourselves - and the worst of us is 'evil'.

In the show "The Walking dead", much effort is expended not only saving people from zombies, but also saving people from becoming zombies(by killing the bitten). Indeed, given a choice between death and zombiefication, most would prefer death, because becoming sub-human is a fate worse that anything else. Zombification thus represents hell. It is a particular kind of death where a good person is re-born as a monster. To save the human we kill them before they turn into a monster under a somewhat twisted vision of heaven, which is not paraside per-se, but one which is quite simply not hell. After all, anything else is better than hell.