Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Selfish people also believe they are doing things right by serving their own needs while trampling other people.
I agree.

Quote:
Although I gained nothing from this deed, it was theoretically still selfish. But then again, kindness is rooted in selfishness.
I'm still not seeing how your deed was selfish. I believe true kindness doesn't want of return. For instance, someone's shopping bag splits, food all over the floor, the reaction to help them there's no thought behind it, it's just automatic, no? Yes, some would just watch, or walk by, I'm talking about the ones that would help.
Old 29-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Deactivated Account
@OP: Instead of categorizing and worrying about Good and Bad, you could do that what is Right.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:19 AM
Master
This is the third time I have tried to post this and I will NOT let a cruddy server, my ISP or the universe beat me! If I create my own reality, then surely I can also create a non busy server when I want to make a post. =)

I am in a really disgusting and depressed, foul mood.

My local community center USED to take donations of clothing, bedding, books, toys, DVDs, unused toiletries etc to help the homeless, underprivileged, needy etc but now they don't do that anymore...they stopped doing it last week.

I just tried to donate a bag of clothes and books..

The reason I was told? People are too irresponsible to be given nice things.

People would come in and their kids would drag out toys from the toy box all over the community centre and not put them back..neither would their parents. People would take books down from the library shelves and just leave them all over the tables with their dirty coffee cups, people would try on clothes and just drape them back over the racks or dump them on the floor, being too lazy to put them back on the hangers...

Last week, it got SO bad, that Occupational Health and Safety was called in, they said they needed to stop offering all these services to others because it posed serious fall and injury risks, not to mention the fact it was very untidy and unhygienic.

So, yet again, the actions of the irresponsible few, spoil it for EVERYONE. How can humanity, as a whole stop these things from happening and stop irresponsibility without inconveniencing those who really need the service? Because incidents like this seem to be on the increase, causing many things to be shut down rather than being policed.